england
5%
scotland
No votes
republic of ireland
No votes

Total votes : 19

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:43 pm

just wanted your HONEST opinions about where you think martin o neill's next job will be. it seems he's touted for every job that is going at the moment. i would love to see him at anfield although i'm sure many other club and international teams would love him at the helm as well.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:10 pm

hopefully he'll f##k off somewhere else.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:12 pm

i'll explain that.

I think he's a good manager, but he's no better than Houllier as far as i'm concerned. I don't think he's got what it takes to take us to another level, thats my personal opinion. :)
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:40 pm

so who u want stu
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:56 pm

Stu wants Houllier. :laugh:
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:27 pm

i think stu is on drugs

houllier as good as o'niell LMFAO

don't be so bloody stupid

have u watched celtic in EUROPE the last few years, they outplayed liverpool in the uefa cup, he has less money to spend than houllier and liverpool are one sh##e team at the min

he gets the best out of his players, houllier gets out the worse in them, he buys sh##e players, he decides to play traoe and biscan

HE HAS TO GO
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:01 pm

i think stu is on drugs

houllier as good as o'niell LMFAO

don't be so bloody stupid

have u watched celtic in EUROPE the last few years, they outplayed liverpool in the uefa cup, he has less money to spend than houllier and liverpool are one sh##e team at the min

he gets the best out of his players, houllier gets out the worse in them, he buys sh##e players, he decides to play traoe and biscan

HE HAS TO GO

You think i'm on drugs? Why? Because i dare to form my own opinions. Oh dear god no. Someone with there own opinion, he must be on drugs lets try and insult him. Yeah brilliant.

Anyways...

Houllier is at least as good as O'Neil, if not better. O'Neil hasn't done it at the highest level, he's not had a go so therefore as far as i am concerned he isn't a great manager. Houllier has won a league title in a league that isn't a one or two horse race every season, he has finished second in the premiership, he's made excellent signings and brought on two of the best players in europe, he's won 2 league cups, a uefa cup and an FA cup while at liverpool. He also won the super cup and charity shield.

Houllier also took us to the champions league quarter finals where we were beaten by finalists. He done all this from scratch practically with the exception of Owen, Fowler, Carragher and Murphy. And the improvements Owen, Carra and Murphy have made under Houllier are massive.

So don't stand there and give me this sh##e about how cr#p he is. He simply isn't. He may not be as good as Wenger or Ferguson, no-one says he is, but for christs sake open your eyes and wake up to the fact he's still a very good manager.

The fact is he chose the wrong time to change the tactics and the team has suffered in the last two years. But the problems are obvious. He knows the weak areas of the team and is GOING to improve them this summer. We ALL know he wants Cisse and we also KNOW he wants a pacey centre half.

Two things we seriously lack.

He buys sh##e players? Does he yeah? Kirkland, Dudek, Finnan, Riise, Hyypia, Henchoz, Babbel, McAllister, Litmanen, Anelka, Hamann, Kewell, Pongolle, Le Tallec, Barmby all sh##e are they? Get real. All managers sign make mistakes, even Ferguson and Wenger. Like i said he's probably not at there level so you can't expect him to have as good a record as those managers.

He's got a good transfer record. Its not the best, but the good signings are very good. £8m for Kewell and Hyypia? Two players that would walk into any side in the world. Yeah i know you aren't liking this so i'll stop there.

BTW Traore isn't that bad a player either. He's a decent squad player.

Your point on O'Neil getting the best out of his players is probably fair. He's a great motivator. But he's tactically inept, he's not proved he can spot great players for the right money and he's never had to deal with players as high profile as some of the ones we have.... ie Owen, Gerrard, Kewell, Hyypia.

The fact is... dealing with Didier Agathe and Neil Lennon is a different kettle of fish. Also Liverpool don't have the players to play his system.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:13 pm

Stu the Red, you really think Kewell and Hypia would walk into ANY side in the world ???
Fks sake what planet are you from ???
Sorry mate but you're talking b%llocks. And that also applies to your comparison between GH an M O'N:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:32 pm

Er yeah i do.

Tell me where Kewell wouldn't get in??? I can't think of any side in the world he wouldn't get into.

As for Sami, i doubt theres 10 better centre halfs in the world. He'd probably struggle to get into Milans team with Nesta and Maldini, but thats about it.

Any other side he'd walk into. He's top class. The only centre backs in the league who are better than Sami are Gallas, Campbell and Ferdinand with probably Woodgate and Terry at a similar level.
115-1073096938

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:21 pm

biscan and traore are class players LOL

omg i think u need to open your eyes

you avoided the european issue, in the last few seasons houllier has had millions to spend and he's only won the uefa cup, NO LEAGUE championships, pissy league cups,

traore and biscan are the worst players to have played for liverpool

if u actually read the thing i said, i didn't mention winning the league in scotland, i agree its not a big achievement

but in europe o'neill's record is brilliant, haven't been beat at home in europe since god knows when, liverpool at home aren't as good, houllier has had plenty of time to improve the team, and u're wrong about he knows the weak areas, if he knew the weak areas, why didn't he buy someone in january when they needed another good centre half and possibly a right winger,

yu're talking bullsh#t
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seananddarragh23 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:43 pm

WE are playing rubbish,drawing with Leicester,losing to Southampton etc.etc.
Harry Kewell in any team in the world! he should be dropped from ours.
When we signed him Iwas delighted butnow i'm not so sure.
O'Neill would get the best from our under-achievers,Houlier can't.Time to move on
seananddarragh23

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:05 pm

You cannot blame Kewell for that, he will become better player next season.
It is not his fault, blame GH for f##k Kewell up!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:08 pm

O'Neils team went past Barca, Houlliers team went out to Marseilles.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:20 pm

stu_the_red wrote:i'll explain that.

I think he's a good manager, but he's no better than Houllier as far as i'm concerned. I don't think he's got what it takes to take us to another level, thats my personal opinion. :)

Fair enough viewpoint IMO. Houllier has won four trophies, albeit not the one we all want. There is nothing in O'Neill's "cabinet" that is more than Houllier has achieved
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:35 pm

biscan and traore are class players LOL

omg i think u need to open your eyes

you avoided the european issue, in the last few seasons houllier has had millions to spend and he's only won the uefa cup, NO LEAGUE championships, pissy league cups,

traore and biscan are the worst players to have played for liverpool

if u actually read the thing i said, i didn't mention winning the league in scotland, i agree its not a big achievement

but in europe o'neill's record is brilliant, haven't been beat at home in europe since god knows when, liverpool at home aren't as good, houllier has had plenty of time to improve the team, and u're wrong about he knows the weak areas, if he knew the weak areas, why didn't he buy someone in january when they needed another good centre half and possibly a right winger,

yu're talking bullsh#t

At what point did i say Traore was class?

Where have i ever said Biscan is good enough for Liverpool?

Neither Traore or Biscan are worse than Kvarme.

O'Neil's only won "pissy league cups".

We are signing a striker in the summer. That is our weakest position. Owen is the only class striker we have. When he's out of form we struggle.

You're talking bulshit my friend, you tell me to read your posts, i think you're being a hypocryte. If you wrote something worth reading i might pay a bit more attention.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion