O'neill or not?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:35 pm

del bosque never had a say in transfers at real, valdano bought them. The only one he bought was conceiceo who was a flop at 12m. Hasn't any skills as a real manager at all. Owen will come good, in fact is form is good now, he just isnt supplied. He is working is socks off, put him in the top 3 sides and he would have golden boot wrapped up
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby trick110 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:18 pm

I don't agree Owen is not even half the player he once was, he used to be able to take on defenders but now blistering speed is no longer part of his game he stuggles! You have to question his comitment as well he would have signed a longer contract by now. he should leave now to raise some cash. Don't forget never trust a blue look at Mcmanaman!
trick110

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:58 pm

trick110 wrote:This summers sale of Michael Owen will raise some cash!

What will be the point in selling Owen to give Houllier £25m to waste on two or maybe three over-rated French league players.......?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:23 pm

I hate Levski luck!!! It always gives up  :(  :(  :(  Welcome to Sofia  :D 
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kozarets1914

Postby big al » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:42 pm

i tell you all this if O'Neill gets the joB i will be on this forum for a few more years and I will be complaining till eventually you send the f##ker back to county Down Newry to be exact! Watch me now!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby kozarets1914 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:48 pm

And you'll all get it here, mate :) And Houllier too :)
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kozarets1914

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:12 am

i don't mean any kind of prejudice, but does del bosque speak english?, as this would be a serious barrier between players and manager.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ojnats » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:16 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:This is the Liverpool team I want in 2004/2005.

Jerzy Dudek
Chris Kirkland
Patrice Luzi
Steve Finnan
Jamie Carragher
Stephane Henchoz
Sami Hyypia
John Arne Riise
Danny Murphy
Bruno Cheyrou
Dietmar Hamann
Steven Gerrard
Anthony Le Tallec
Harry Kewell
Michael Owen
Milan Baros
Florent Sinama Pongolle

plus:

Steve Malbranque
Jay Jay Okocha
Paulo Di Canio
Chris Sutton
Joe Cole
Henrik Larrson
Sander Westerveld
Robbie Keane
Alan Smith
Mark Viduka

....and Martin O'Neill.

Hey Manhattan with 17 players and 2 keepers you aren't going to lose many games :).  Celtic have lost 2 games in Europe under O'neil Ajax1-0 we won 3-1 away and Bordeaux 2-1 aet.  Since then Porto 1-0 Rosenborg 1-0 Juventus 4-3 Valencia 1-0 Basel 3-1 FK suduva 8-1 Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Celta Vigo 1-0 Stuttgart 3-1 Liverpool 1-1 Boavista 1-1 Kaunas 1-0 MTK Hungaria 1-0 Lyon 2-0 Anderlecht 3-1 Bayern Munich 0-0 FK Teplice 3-0.  Last time we lost at home to any one was Dundee 2-0 13/05/2001 not a bad CV me thinks. what do you think ?   :)
ojnats

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:41 pm

Hey Manhattan with 17 players and 2 keepers you aren't going to lose many games

The top group of players were obviously not the first team line-up. They are the players we currently have and should keep. The group below were the players we should buy. Anyone not on that list, like Heskey, Diao, Diouf etc should be sold.

Those are very interesting stats that you present. The one that I am more interested in, is that currently, Liverpool sit a lowly sixth in the Premiership, out of the FA CUP, out of the Carling Cup, miles away from Chelsea, and light years away from Man.Utd and Arsenal.

Fourth place is irrelevant, since we would get as far as Newcastle United did last season and get dumped out before the group stages. The thought of Liverpool competing with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Juventus is nonsensical. We can't even beat Portsmouth and the board are looking to the Champion's League???

You may not agree with Martin O'Neill coming to the club, but reality must be faced now. Houllier has taken us as far as he can and we need a fresh approach. We don't need excuses, we need success and results. It's safe to say that Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are not going to leave their clubs and join us, so we have to look elsewhere. Martin O'Neill, David O'Leary, Alan Curbishley are possible candidates for the job. Those are guys within our reach. With more money that the board should provide, they could reach greater success. They have the money, since they are so enthusiatic about the Stanley Park Stadium. Money that should be spent on new players, not a new stadium.

That's my opinion anyway.

???  ???  ???
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lord Lucan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:57 pm

Do you think del Bosco would fancy it after the bernebeu? :( .Bring back  king kenny
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:31 pm

Del Bosque? He cannot speak English!!

I go for either Felix Magath or Guus Hiddinck.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ojnats » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:10 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Hey Manhattan with 17 players and 2 keepers you aren't going to lose many games

The top group of players were obviously not the first team line-up. They are the players we currently have and should keep. The group below were the players we should buy. Anyone not on that list, like Heskey, Diao, Diouf etc should be sold.

Those are very interesting stats that you present. The one that I am more interested in, is that currently, Liverpool sit a lowly sixth in the Premiership, out of the FA CUP, out of the Carling Cup, miles away from Chelsea, and light years away from Man.Utd and Arsenal.

Fourth place is irrelevant, since we would get as far as Newcastle United did last season and get dumped out before the group stages. The thought of Liverpool competing with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Juventus is nonsensical. We can't even beat Portsmouth and the board are looking to the Champion's League???

You may not agree with Martin O'Neill coming to the club, but reality must be faced now. Houllier has taken us as far as he can and we need a fresh approach. We don't need excuses, we need success and results. It's safe to say that Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are not going to leave their clubs and join us, so we have to look elsewhere. Martin O'Neill, David O'Leary, Alan Curbishley are possible candidates for the job. Those are guys within our reach. With more money that the board should provide, they could reach greater success. They have the money, since they are so enthusiatic about the Stanley Park Stadium. Money that should be spent on new players, not a new stadium.

That's my opinion anyway.

???  ???  ???

Hi Manhattan with the players you have there O'neil wouldn't have to spend a lot of money.  Any player that wasn't willing to give 100% would be out the door in a flash ala Berkowic,  the football isn't always pretty but he can certainly deliver.  He jumps about the technical area like a bloody mad man and that sort of thing has to rub off on the players.  I was at the 6-2 game against rangers a couple of years back we were 3 up after 10 minutes and i swear he jumped 5 feet off the ground.  We have dominated them ever since, it was the other way around before that for about 10 years. :)
ojnats

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:19 pm

Hi Manhattan with the players you have there O'neil wouldn't have to spend a lot of money.

I know, that's why I selected those particular additions to the team. They would add a greater edge to the team and he would be able to make use of the existing decent players.

I would also add Matthew Upson, Gareth Southgate and Michael Svensson to that list of players that I think we should go for and possibly recall Markus Babbel back into the side when his loan period is up.

I think that could create a better team than the one we currently have once deadweight like Smicer, Diao, Diouf, Traore, and Heskey are cut.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ojnats » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:41 pm

If O'neil went to Liverpool i'm sure he would keep Heskey. He has a history of taking trusted players with him.  I'm sure you would have to add Neil Lennon to your list aswell.  I wouldn't want him if I was you but i think he would try and bring Petrov aswell.
ojnats

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:51 pm

I've tried to just give a basic list of guys who I think would be wise buys. I've tried to stay realistic and look for players who could be within our price range. These guys are all from the FA Premiership and the SPL. I've avoided looking abroad for players as I've selected those players who are most familiar. O'Neill would no doubt have his own plans and would choose players he thought would be right.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion