Nunez. - I know its early but........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:16 pm

I'm not gonna slate the guy and it is very early days , lets just say so far I am still waiting for him to do something that will make me start to think we have a real player here .
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:36 pm

Woof
he looks like he keeps his position well out wide!
And his first touch looks very good!
He looks rusty and a little lost in the pace of the game as does Alonso sometimes!
But he looks like he brings balance to the team which is very important!
Lets see how he gets on at the weekend!

What an introduction to life at LFC
Arsenal, Olympiacos, and the Derby this weekend! No wonder he looks a bit short of pace at the moment...
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:50 pm

Redtribe wrote:Woof
he looks like he keeps his position well out wide!
And his first touch looks very good!
He looks rusty and a little lost in the pace of the game as does Alonso sometimes!
But he looks like he brings balance to the team which is very important!
Lets see how he gets on at the weekend!

What an introduction to life at LFC
Arsenal, Olympiacos, and the Derby this weekend! No wonder he looks a bit short of pace at the moment...

Good points there, give the lad time to settle in and I'm sure he'll improve!  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:51 pm

Fair enough RT , it's just that sometimes you see a player and despite being in a new league and a bit rusty they still manage to show a little something special , all I'm saying is I haven't seen it yet.
But thats not writing Nunez off , everybody deserves a fair crack.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:03 pm

Totally agree he hasnt set the pitch ablaze yet!
But technicaly he looks sound and he got in at the far post to force the save that allowed mellor to score!
Also i did see a very nice turn to beat to of the gooners the other week!
Here is to wishing him a quick settling in period!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:36 pm

I haven't seen anything yet that say's wow !! He's ok but no star !!
Looks to me, that we were really pi$$ed on big time with the MO transfer to RM. Nunez looks like a £2m player, the whole deal looks to be worth £10m. :(
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:41 pm

Redrider wrote:I haven't seen anything yet that say's wow !! He's ok but no star !!
Looks to me, that we were really pi$$ed on big time with the MO transfer to RM. Nunez looks like a £2m player, the whole deal looks to be worth £10m. :(

Madrid pis sed thru our letter box then knocked on the door and asked how far it went .

8 mill and nunez for Michael Owen ,  :(  please don't remind me , I was just gettin ' over it .

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby spud » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:59 pm

Nunez looks like he'll be a squad player.

He appears to work hard but, doesn't look a natural athelete.  The fact that no-one can give a strong reference indicates that he hasn't made an impact at his previous clubs.

I wouldn't say his touch was great just what you'd expect from a Premiership player.

I don't see him being able to beat a man or create something special.  He looks more defensive than attacking.

Because he has arrived from Real Madrid then the general expectation seems high, poor lad.

I'm sure he'll develop well under RB who appears to get more out of players.  On this note, I must admit I prefer an improved Finann in the RM slot for now (this means playing Josemi RB who nearly lost us the game with 2 mins to go, he deserves the riot act).

Ref. the MO transfer, Real Madrid didn't stiff us.  It's called business and we failed to sell an asset for what its true value was because commercially we are weak.  He never had any intention of signing a new deal and we allowed it to protract until HE got the move HE wanted at a time that suited HIM.  Let's hope IF SG goes we are stronger.
spud

Postby Kopstar. » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:07 pm

give the lad some time, Gracia and Alonso and Josemi havent let us down yet so Rafa obviously knows his players strenghts.

i reckon after 5-6 games he will settle down and be solid
Were on the way back.
Kopstar.

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:14 pm

Kopstar. wrote:give the lad some time, Gracia and Alonso and Josemi havent let us down yet so Rafa obviously knows his players strenghts.

i reckon after 5-6 games he will settle down and be solid

Hope he's more "solid " next time he forms part of a wall . Could of cost us very dearly last night.
  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:58 pm

Considering Nunez has been playing reserve team football in spain which I imagine is played at a walking pace and he was then injured in his 1st training session then I think he will take longer to adjust than the other spanish lads.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Would say nunez is rusty. He seems technically sound. should give him more time to settle down.

Even if nunez becomes nothing more than a squad player, it is still good news.... i mean how many right wingers do we have now ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:40 pm

I'm just waiting for that flicker, that glimpse, that flash of something. Like when a trout takes a fly in midstream and you get that fleeting, blinding flash of silver. When talent reveals itself only momentarily but unmistakenly. Once you've seen it you know it's there and you can then sleep easy and "give him time" "remember Reyes" etc etc. I'll give anyone time to settle, but after a few games I'd like to see something, anything that convinces me that a player might just be worth the wait.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:41 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm just waiting for that flicker, that glimpse, that flash of something. Like when a trout takes a fly in midstream and you get that fleeting, blinding flash of silver. When talent reveals itself only momentarily but unmistakenly. Once you've seen it you know it's there and you can then sleep easy and "give him time" "remember Reyes" etc etc. I'll give anyone time to settle, but after a few games I'd like to see something, anything that convinces me that a player might just be worth the wait.

Spot on me thinks.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:05 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm just waiting for that flicker, that glimpse, that flash of something. Like when a trout takes a fly in midstream and you get that fleeting, blinding flash of silver. When talent reveals itself only momentarily but unmistakenly. Once you've seen it you know it's there and you can then sleep easy and "give him time" "remember Reyes" etc etc. I'll give anyone time to settle, but after a few games I'd like to see something, anything that convinces me that a player might just be worth the wait.

Ok , you've convinced me , we should be looking to sign  Billy the Fish .

:D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion