Now the dust has settled - An objective view

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:56 pm

Yesterday we got beat by Arsenal. The best team in England. One of the best in Europe. At Highbury. With the world's best striker in blistering form.

These are the kind of games where we shouldn't expect to get a result. OK, we lost, so what. Let's move on and give 110% in the games we really should be winning - Charlton, Birmingham, Boro etc. Then we can judge the team by their performances in those games.

On a different note a few people have been posting stuff about Hamann & Kewell being a load of sh##e. All I can say is YOU SHOULD'VE GONE TO SPECSAVERS cos you're all clearly f##kin blind.

I think we'll finish 4th by virtue of all the teams just below us being pretty cr#p when you think about it.   :)  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:58 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself.
:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:39 pm

We got beaten by a better side indeed. What hurts the most is the sheer lack of quality and determination. It was an embarrassing display by a poor Liverpool side. I think it is more than 30 years since we were so far behind the top teams in the league. What is necessary is not a gradual change but a REVOLUTION. (Although not a french one...)

List of complaints:

Carragher; my god what a footballer he might have been with some skills
Murphy; weak, slow, lazy
Biscan; Clumsy

Houllier; Foolish coward tactically incompetent. Plays Heskey as a left midfielder and Biscan as a CD. He has ruined their careers and reputation by doing this. He has also destroyed our reputation for playing attractive attacking football.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby seananddarragh23 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:42 am

Henry's goal was something else but to beat six players and not get kicked once says it all.
Biscan running into Carragher was the only contact in the move.
We are on an abysmal run and don't forget virtually the same team were on top of the league
until we went to Middlesboro.
We have'nt stopped sliding since,a total lack of self belief which I can't see improving.
seananddarragh23

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:47 am

banana wrote:Houllier; Foolish coward tactically incompetent. Plays Heskey as a left midfielder and Biscan as a CD. He has ruined their careers and reputation by doing this. He has also destroyed our reputation for playing attractive attacking football.

I completely agree with that epecially Heskey. He was class and was scoring goals for fun but houllier has ruined him and now there is topics on how cr@p he is.
Heskey is still CLASS and will SHINE under our new manager.
Hopefully martin o'neill.

Henrys second goal it was a joke theres no need to say more.
Biscan "accidentally" bumping into Carragher to get a bit of a feel (f**king g@y pr**k).
  :)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 am

I remember the Middlesbrough game you mention, LFC running rampant at the top of the prem until GH decides Boro (yes BORO!!??) are so good we have to go there and try and defend and play Owen on his tod up front. Boro rumble us straight away and thinks "boll##ks" let's have 'em. That was the turning point.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:32 am

That Midllesborough game was LAST Season , I was there when Southall scrawped a goal As Dudek dropped the ball from a corner. It was Early November 2002 and we haven't been the same team since. ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:46 am

Houllier blamed Diao for that game as well as Dudek and that was the last we seen of Diao in midfield ,an entire capitulation of a used to good affect strategy put down to the  performance of two players ,mindless ,instead of rightly condemming his negative tactics
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:43 am

Woollyback wrote:I remember the Middlesbrough game you mention, LFC running rampant at the top of the prem until GH decides Boro (yes BORO!!??) are so good we have to go there and try and defend and play Owen on his tod up front. Boro rumble us straight away and thinks "boll##ks" let's have 'em. That was the turning point.

Dudek hasn't been the same since then too....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:08 pm

Someone should have just tripped Henry up when he got the ball.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:12 pm

Rubbish! Now the dust has settled, my a#se! The dust wont settle until this club either becomes like Everton and Spurs or changes the whole set up at the top and get rid of them with a new regime (including board)
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:00 pm

Banana are you taking the p#ss or what?

Carragher is a real good player. Skill, he was the leading goal scorer for the England U21's for years, and slotted regular. I for one would rather have my defender do the simple thing and launch it or put the ball out of play when we are in danger, not mess about and lose the ball on the edge of the box.

Carra was made to look bad in the Arsenal game due to Biscans inadequecies, not thru his own.

The lad is solid and plays like you or me would. 100% all day every day.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:13 pm

Our collective inability to stop Henry (surely we knew he was a threat?) tells the whole story . Against a top side our defence is none existent.
It's not getting beat by a clearly better team that hurts, it's the manner in which they embarrassed us.
The once mighty Liverpool would not have gone in at half time 2-1 up only to lose it in the way we did.
Our defensive performance was a disgrace. :( :( :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:47 pm

XSD wrote:Someone should have just tripped Henry up when he got the ball.

I hate to be cynical but didn't the mancs employ that kind of tactic against Arsenal in the Cup? ??? You allow world class footballers to play and they will rip you apart, we were all aware this could happen and it did
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:10 pm

Owzat wrote:
XSD wrote:Someone should have just tripped Henry up when he got the ball.

I hate to be cynical but didn't the mancs employ that kind of tactic against Arsenal in the Cup? ??? You allow world class footballers to play and they will rip you apart, we were all aware this could happen and it did

Tommy Smith would not have let Henry take the p*ss out of us, even if he had to get red carded in the process .
There are times when your "enforcer" has to get rough.
All we seemed to have was a bunch of rabbits , frozen in Henrys headlights.
Total disgrace  :angry:  :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion