Not a dodgy keeper! - Carson

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:02 am

i really really hope thatt carsons *single* error last night isn't going to start a whole round of people slagging him off as a dodgy keeper. the lad did some excellent work prior to that and looked solid and confident all game.

i feel that the dodgy keeper issue has become blown out of all proportion this season. two of the top sides have two error prone keepers - howard, carrol, alumnia and lehman. to compound this chelsea have an outstanding one. so this season keepers are under incredible scrutiny with the media quick to condemn any mistake as a major issue. look back one or two seasons and an error such as carson's would hardly have got a mention. this season, as part of the campaign to humiliate all keepers, i'm sure its going to get endless reports and there will be talk that we have a goalkeeping crisis.

i believe we have the makings of a top top keeeper in scott carson. it would be tragic if media, fans or anyone begins to undermine his confidence after last night.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:03 am

andy, just mentioned in another thread how all the papers mention carsons mistake instead of our fantastic performance. gonna stop buying papers altogether i think. i think the lad made some fantawstic saves, good on him i say
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:08 am

Why would u buy papers to get sports reports anyway??
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:13 am

carson made an excellent save at the kop end, he did well for someone so young :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:14 am

starbridge when u leave the house at 7am to go to work u need something to read on the trani or chances are u will not make it through the day. plus, i actually read the news, for sports i come ehre or one of the main websites...lol
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:17 am

dawson99 wrote:trani

are you saying starbridge uses the tube to go to work dressed as a (see dawsons comment above)  :D   :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:18 am

that save in the 1st half was phenomenal, not sure who shot but he came rushing out and spread himself well and saved superbly, hes young, 19, no-one is gonna blame him for that and there is no way anyone is gonna belittle our performance, we'll see what the f**k*** papers say tomorrow when chelsea lose, bet they will find some pay to praise them " even without the inspirational mourinho they were still amazing" MY ******!!! u can imagine all the papers writing that tomorrow, anyways for the goal i didnt think carson really needed to go down but with the future he has ahead of him will come lots of experience and id rather him make the errors at this early stage of his liverpool career
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:19 am

ok..trani, train, same thing, can ride both! (thats just wrong)

As for arson, u have to see that 3 months ago he was in the leeds reserve side, now hes playing against juventus in the 1/4 finals of the champions league. roy of the rovers stuff

(the train joke is just coz its early...)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:35 am

just taken from skysports.com

Liverpool's young goalkeeper Scott Carson has accepted the blame for Juventus' away goal at Anfield.

The Reds blazed into a 2-0 lead during a feverish first half display, but the powerful Italians applied more pressure during the second half.

Fabio Cannavaro grabbed a vital away goal just after the hour
mark, when Carson allowed a soft header to elude him at the far post, and he fully accepts the blame.

However, the 19-year-old has vowed not to let his error play on his mind and will aim to bounce back should he play in Liverpool's next match.

"At the time I didn't think it was an error but I've seen it on telly and obviously I feel as if I could have done better," said Carson.

"But I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

"If you go into the next game thinking 'I made a mistake in the last game' you're going to struggle.

"I talked to the goalkeeping coach after the match," added the England under-21 keeper who joined from Leeds United.

"He said 'It bounced in front of you. It's just one of those things. Forget about it'."

thats takes a lot to come out and admit your error but no-one is really blaming him and he should keep his head up, look at that transition, from playing for england under 21s last week to facing juventus, this week
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:56 am

dawson99 wrote:As for arson

dawson, now you wanna set someone alight.

whats going on??  :D  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:59 am

judge, my fingers arent working that well this morning, portman was pi$$ed at me as well because of it, will sort out my atrocious spelling...from now
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:00 am

It was a bad mistake, no question. He did, however play very well apart from that and shouldn't be too downheartened. At the time of the goal we were shipping water anyway and I feel certain that had he gathered that one, Juve would have pressed and pressed until they got their goal. As it was, the Italian mentality dictated that once they had scored the foot came off the gas somewhat. They could have just about put the thing to bed at 2-2 and may live to regret their reluctance to go in for the kill. Hope so anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:01 am

we will qualify :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:24 am

Everyone makes mistakes. We would have been extremely lucky to come away with 2-0. In fact i think 2-1 is a very good result for us. All we need now is to perform the way we did against Bayer away and we're there. Simple as.

Of all the things that have impressed me about Benitez this season, the biggest thing is his tactics in European football. He seems to have a nack of being able to get the absolute max performance from players in these big games. Most football people would have had that game down as a draw at best for Liverpool, and what does Benitez say " **** it, we can win". So who says we can't win over there.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:24 am

no one should realli blame him for that, he is still very young, and will learn thru time, i am thinking, wat if it is dudek who made this type of mistakes? will he be slag? i just dun understand why are we conceding poor goals almost a goal in two games?
Alonso_Rulz

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion