Nolan coming to anfield?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Nando » Thu May 19, 2005 2:05 pm

He is a no nonsense typical old fashioned British footballer and what our team could well be in need of. Would be a squad player more than anything but im sure would give 110% commitment everytime he pulls on the red top.
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 19, 2005 2:46 pm

I will be controversial here and just say i have nothing against Nolan but he has only scored 4 goals this season and is definately IMO no better then Didi Stevie and Xabi in the rest of his game. Would it not be a better idea to look for cover in over areas as we also have Diarra who is playing exceptionaly well for Lens!
I agree that the idea of having local lads in the team that play well in the premiership is a good thought, but would he play many minutes with the lads we already have? Will he improve us?
I'm not going to say he definately wouldnt because i'm not gifted with the powers of hindsight!
But i wouldn't be tremendously excited by his arrival!
Last edited by Redtribe on Thu May 19, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 19, 2005 3:00 pm

well even though hes not world class, he would be a perfect replacement and a better player than Biscan. :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 19, 2005 3:05 pm

Yes he probably would be, but if we had the chance of extra cash or part trade for spit the dog which would be more benificial? Also where does the fate of DIARRA stand?
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Thu May 19, 2005 3:08 pm

If RB Sign Nolan Why Don't Just Keep Hamann...Hamann Has A Better Workin Rate Than Him... :) Hamann After All Has Been Called Up For The German Team Again...
Last edited by xd3vilx on Thu May 19, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 pm

bigmick wrote:Nolan? you must be joking!!!! Who does he play for? Bolton?? I've got a much better idea. Lets sign some bloke from Macabi Tel-Aviv or somewhere. The last thing we need right now is some midfield player that has made over 100 Premiership appearances and scores goals. Where is he from originally anyway? Liverpool? ??? nah, don't need him mate. He'll probably come out with some nonsense about having supported the club since he was a boy or something. Lets sign a more glamorous, expensive midfielder. Bruno Cheyrou anyone?

relax dude  :D

i too think nolan will be a good signing for us....... but some ppl here will prefer unknown spanish players to nolan...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu May 19, 2005 4:35 pm

Nolan!? omfg please enough jokes in the forums.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu May 19, 2005 4:44 pm

Nolan rarely makes the starting 11 for Bolton anyway
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu May 19, 2005 4:47 pm

The_Rock wrote:
bigmick wrote:Nolan? you must be joking!!!! Who does he play for? Bolton?? I've got a much better idea. Lets sign some bloke from Macabi Tel-Aviv or somewhere. The last thing we need right now is some midfield player that has made over 100 Premiership appearances and scores goals. Where is he from originally anyway? Liverpool? ??? nah, don't need him mate. He'll probably come out with some nonsense about having supported the club since he was a boy or something. Lets sign a more glamorous, expensive midfielder. Bruno Cheyrou anyone?

relax dude  :D

i too think nolan will be a good signing for us....... but some ppl here will prefer unknown spanish players to nolan...

Unknown spanish players preferred to Nolan?

Unknown to who?
You?

If there ever was an unknown player it's Nolan. A fringe player at a fringe team.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu May 19, 2005 4:54 pm

banana wrote:If there ever was an unknown player it's Nolan. A fringe player at a fringe team.

nolan an unknown player :O 

:bump

no reply needed.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu May 19, 2005 4:56 pm

xd3vilx wrote:If RB Sign Nolan Why Don't Just Keep Hamann...Hamann Has A Better Workin Rate Than Him... :) Hamann After All Has Been Called Up For The German Team Again...

Who says they want to get rid of him, its more of case of finding a replacement if he decides to leave , personally i hope he stays
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 19, 2005 5:41 pm

Nolan is an ok player, thats him at best. I don't understand why the same people who want us to do well want to sign players like Nolan. As someone else said, he's finding it hard breaking into the starting 11 at Bolton now, what suggests he's a capable enough player for LFC in that?

Signing Nolan would be a step back in my opinion, we already have a handfull of players in his position who are superior to him.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 19, 2005 8:19 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Nolan is an ok player, thats him at best. I don't understand why the same people who want us to do well want to sign players like Nolan. As someone else said, he's finding it hard breaking into the starting 11 at Bolton now, what suggests he's a capable enough player for LFC in that?

Signing Nolan would be a step back in my opinion, we already have a handfull of players in his position who are superior to him.

great teams aren`t made of eleven superstars mate, you need players that compliment a team - and if we are carrying a few flair players, foreign ones at that, it does no harm to have a hometown lad who`s willing to battle - especially at away games where we`ve struggled. he was on the fringe of the england squad at one point too so he`s no clogger.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Adebisi » Thu May 19, 2005 11:32 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:Nolan is an ok player, thats him at best. I don't understand why the same people who want us to do well want to sign players like Nolan. As someone else said, he's finding it hard breaking into the starting 11 at Bolton now, what suggests he's a capable enough player for LFC in that?

great teams aren`t made of eleven superstars mate, you need players that compliment a team - and if we are carrying a few flair players, foreign ones at that, it does no harm to have a hometown lad who`s willing to battle - especially at away games where we`ve struggled. he was on the fringe of the england squad at one point too so he`s no clogger.

Well said.

Although just wondering don't we have any young local lads coming through in that position who could do a similar job that Nolan could do?

But whatever it takes to get rid of Diouf I'm happy!
Adebisi

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 20, 2005 12:00 am

First of all I doubt that they will offer us Nolan, secondly I don't see the point in us getting him anyway.

We should offer Biscan and Hamann new contracts, Alonso is not going anywhere, plus Gerrard, if Gerrard does leave we will need someone a lot better than Nolan. These players are settled at the club, and if Nolan were to come here he would never be a first teamer, just backup

I haven't even mentioned Diarra, Welsh or Potter, even if all three were sold (hypothetically speaking), we would still have Mannix, a reserve regular who could be backup to the main 4.

The only circumstances in which we should get Nolan is if we are to sell Diarra and not give either Biscan or Hamann a new contract. But even if this happens, do you really think Rafa will want Nolan?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion