NO NEW ANFIELD - Announcement later this week

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Peewee's favourite people will announce this week that stadium plans are "on hold" - ie DEAD.

I'd like to say its because they decided to spend on the squad but after the Barry fiasco, I cant.

If ever the world needed comfirmation these two inbreds should be hounded out of football, this is it.

Sad, sad times.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Staveley's PCP Partners is also Sheik Maktoum's adviser on his known interest in acquiring Liverpool Football Club, which last night faced a tricky European Champions League qualifier against Belgium's Standard Liege. Co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett face an onerous task of balancing the books and failure to progress in the Champions League would be a financial disaster. Rumours suggest that plans to build a new stadium have already been shelved.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investi....e_id=23
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Number 9 wrote:GYBS maybe its time to give it up lad? :)
You bounce on this forum a few weeks back announcing that you were banned from another place and they were all kunts!Now your getting on as if you know everything and everyone else around is below you or something!
Its becoming apparent that in fact the kunt was most probably you.
Give it up you have made your point!

give what up ? someone is making assumptions about me and insulting me - more than entitled to reply to that im sure . im sorry you will have to show me where i have claimed everyone is below me and i know everything ? more assumptions .

It's an interesting comment, this stuff about assumptions.  You kicked this whole thing off with a comment about SOS being idiots when you might have done better to assume that there were a fair few people on here that supported SOS--or indeed belonged to SOS.  An ill-advised remark I'd say.  You've since followed up by assuming that Igor's one of those anti-Wool Scousers when, in fact, such an assumption couldn't be further from the truth.  Another mis-step, that.

You're new here and so can't be expected to know where everybody stands on these issues.  And, of course, you've every right to express your own opinion on things.  But, if you don't want to get bogged down in slanging matches in future, you might have a wee think about how you choose to weigh in on a long-standing and rather contentious debate.  Can I assume you'll look to ruffle fewer feathers next time? ???

Spot on about Igor mate, he's probably one of the best posters on here , but one who usually gets overlooked when people are handing out the plaudits. I can certainly confirm he is not an anti -wool Scouser, just anti twit & tw@t!
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Tbh following up on my post i done some math and surely only 6-7% of all liverpool suporters are from liverpool.

Est of around 3-4 million LFC fans liverpool has a pop of around 600k you would say 35% follow LFC so thats about 200k so 200k out of 3-4 million fans isn't a big number.

Bout time this OOTers haters wake up and see with out us liverpool be nothing more then a cocacola league 1 side.

I meen it hasn't got the money to get out of debt atm let alone if it lost 90% of its fans.  :(

Its about time some OOTERS behaved themselves aswell loads of them hate scousers yet support a scouse club ???, you cant have it both ways.

There is some absolute beauts at Anfield now and the reason why OOTERS get the blame is because its the OOTERS behaving like beauts.

For instance reading a copy of The S*n on the Kop.

Well i for one don't hate scousers or I wouldn't speak to half m family.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Just had a thought.... if the stadium is not built, how much money was spent on the original design plan, then on the reworking of the design?  Wasnt 10 million quid stadium costs written off at one stage?

These two are draining the club.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:07 pm

GYBS wrote:and BB as for not calling SOS idiots because there is some people who support them does that mean people cant slag off players etc cause some people might support them on here ? yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion and would never deny that - just like i think SOS idea is good but think they went about it the wrong way and in my eyes not the way liverpool should be conducting things - yeah i know the owners are guilty of the same thing but does that mean we should go to their levels or airing things out in public ? like i say i prefer to reserve my efforts to supporting those 11 plus players that step onto the pitch . Debate i got no problem with just like i got no problem just like i got no problem with anything SOS do as long as its not in the public eye as that doesnt seem to solve anything but idiot is prob the harshest insult i have used as opposed to some of the other things people call each other on here .

I'm not telling you what you can or can't say, mate....I'm just familiarizing you with the lay of the land on here.  You want to call SOS idiots, prepare for some flak.  'Idiot' may not be the harshest word you'll see on here today but in the context of this discussion, it will raise hackles.  Perhaps like the thing you're criticizing, you've gone about it the wrong way?  Just a thought.

I also wanted to let you know that you've got the wrong end of the stick with Igor and your purple wheelie bin remark.  And, if it were just a normal misunderstanding between 2 members, that would be one thing.  But, unfortunately, it's gone and opened up the dreaded OOTer debate...something we could really do without on a day when discussion is already tense.  So, let me make a GENERAL PLEA to everyone to stick to the original topic and not turn this into a Scouser vs. OOTer battle royale again.  If things keep heading in that direction, I'll have no qualms about locking the thread.  :glare:
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Reg wrote:Just had a thought.... if the stadium is not built, how much money was spent on the original design plan, then on the reworking of the design?  Wasnt 10 million quid stadium costs written off at one stage?

These two are draining the club.

10 million on crayons fu.ck me.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
GYBS wrote:and BB as for not calling SOS idiots because there is some people who support them does that mean people cant slag off players etc cause some people might support them on here ? yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion and would never deny that - just like i think SOS idea is good but think they went about it the wrong way and in my eyes not the way liverpool should be conducting things - yeah i know the owners are guilty of the same thing but does that mean we should go to their levels or airing things out in public ? like i say i prefer to reserve my efforts to supporting those 11 plus players that step onto the pitch . Debate i got no problem with just like i got no problem just like i got no problem with anything SOS do as long as its not in the public eye as that doesnt seem to solve anything but idiot is prob the harshest insult i have used as opposed to some of the other things people call each other on here .

I'm not telling you what you can or can't say, mate....I'm just familiarizing you with the lay of the land on here.  You want to call SOS idiots, prepare for some flak.  'Idiot' may not be the harshest word you'll see on here today but in the context of this discussion, it will raise hackles.  Perhaps like the thing you're criticizing, you've gone about it the wrong way?  Just a thought.

I also wanted to let you know that you've got the wrong end of the stick with Igor and your purple wheelie bin remark.  And, if it were just a normal misunderstanding between 2 members, that would be one thing.  But, unfortunately, it's gone and opened up the dreaded OOTer debate...something we could really do without on a day when discussion is already tense.  So, let me make a GENERAL PLEA to everyone to stick to the original topic and not turn this into a Scouser vs. OOTer battle royale again.  If things keep heading in that direction, I'll have no qualms about locking the thread.  :glare:

I got no probs with getting flak mate - that is what it is all about - debating about liverpool etc im pretty sure we both want whats best for the club and was no intention to open up any cans of worms about OOTers etc and yeah was wrong of me to assume that about igor and cna only apologise to the guy . yeah prob right have gone about it in the wrong way but guess just snowballed hence the insults started flying about .

the scousers vs OOTers is always a dodgy one having seen both sides to it myself .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

bob we are just chatting about it why shut the thread its a healthy topic no nastyness being said ?  ???
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:15 pm

GYBS wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I got no probs with getting flak mate - that is what it is all about - debating about liverpool etc im pretty sure we both want whats best for the club and was no intention to open up any cans of worms about OOTers etc and yeah was wrong of me to assume that about igor and cna only apologise to the guy . yeah prob right have gone about it in the wrong way but guess just snowballed hence the insults started flying about .

the scousers vs OOTers is always a dodgy one having seen both sides to it myself .

Fair play, mate.  We move on...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

bob we are just chatting about it why shut the thread its a healthy topic no nastyness being said ?  ???

Because the OOTer debate ALWAYS starts as just a bit of banter.  Before long, someone's nose gets bent way out of joint, battle lines are drawn and sensible discussion grinds to a halt.  So, I'm nipping it in the bud right now.  Swerve the OOTer vs. Scouse stuff or the thread gets locked.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I guess when it comes to the Old OOTers vs scousers it gets very heated - pretty much seen it everywhere and also in pubs .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Look i'm a member of SOS , but first and formost i'm a member of The LFC family , i've never in my football loving life slagged another LFC supporter because there an oot (except heimdall ,but he's mad as a hatter so doesn't count). THe whole oot thing is  red herring ,the debate should be wopdong or notwopdong ,which there are plenty of at  Anfield ,both oots and scousers.

I'm all for supporting the manager and eleven players on the field ,of course i am .

I will fight until my dieing breath ,the apathy that is engulfing LFC at the moment and i will not let anyone ruin our club. It's that simple , look at the facts and at the history of these two morons in charge and tell me your not concerned about the future of our club . If you are concerned , you must act ,you must . You can't leave it to other people ,you have to act for the future of the club and to fight against that killer of all killer deseases FECKIN APATHY.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Look i'm a member of SOS , but first and formost i'm a member of The LFC family , i've never in my football loving life slagged another LFC supporter because there an oot (except heimdall ,but he's mad as a hatter so doesn't count). THe whole oot thing is  red herring ,the debate should be wopdong or notwopdong ,which there are plenty of at  Anfield ,both oots and scousers.

I'm all for supporting the manager and eleven players on the field ,of course i am .

I will fight until my dieing breath ,the apathy that is engulfing LFC at the moment and i will not let anyone ruin our club. It's that simple , look at the facts and at the history of these two morons in charge and tell me your not concerned about the future of our club . If you are concerned , you must act ,you must . You can't leave it to other people ,you have to act for the future of the club and to fight against that killer of all killer deseases FECKIN APATHY.

have to agree with you- the Liverpool way of keeping things internal is a bit difficult if you're a fan. What are you supposed to do- stay in your house and have private protests?

the only way is to get your message heard and TWIT and TW.AT need to know we don't want them here!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Sundance kid needs to have protests and put signs on Hicks' house, he's the closest one  :D.
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion