NO NEW ANFIELD - Announcement later this week

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:02 am

Ciggy wrote:Evertons AGM meeting on the 3rd of September a groundshare will be dissgussed Peel Holdings is offering a site on the docks. :down:

LCC and Warren (Im a bitter Bluenose Bradley) will encourage Liverpool and Everton to groundshare.

You know what because of the "credit crunch" and high interest rates on loans plus the uncertain future ahead.I can actually see this happening now regardless of peoples feelings.

From the point of view of whoever puts the money up its safer financially.It would also be a lot safer for the financial stability of both clubs and their futures!

Do I wanna see it happen??
No fecking way,but I wont be surprised if it does!
It may be the only way G&H can keep control of the club because it does'nt look like they can or will be able to afford to do it alone! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 am

wanna hear the arsenal view? thought so, here you go:

For those who think "tango man and shrek" are what we need read through the thoughts of Liverpool's former owner Moores. Sounds like a man in deep :censored: and has done the wrong thing. I know our lot are a bunch of :censored: and really only care about themselves we're not in this mess yet!! I still want to know where the money is going?
Moores admitted to being “embarrassed and shell-shocked” by the infighting that had riven Anfield to its core. “If I could have afforded to take the club forward, then I would have done but I didn’t have the sort of money you need for a new stadium.”

Anfield is the most magically atmospheric stadium in England but even those traditionalists who touch the statue of Bill Shankly like an icon realised it had to go.

When Hicks and Gillett announced there would be “a spade in the ground” in Stanley Park 60 days after their takeover in February last year, there was, in the starkest possible contrast to Everton’s decision to abandon Goodison Park for Kirkby, not a breath of opposition.

Dr Rogan Taylor, head of the Football Industry Group at Liverpool University as well as the leader of ShareLiverpoolFC, an organisation who propose a fans’ buy-out of their American owners, put the arguments bluntly.

“Every match-day, Arsenal and Manchester United take in between £2.5-£3 million more than we do at Anfield. Multiply that by 19, and they take in £50 million more than we do just by playing games. And that’s before you add in the Champions League or domestic cups.”
Executive boxes are a club’s biggest source of audience revenue. A 10-seat box for each of Liverpool’s games with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United costs £6,270. Anfield has just 32 boxes where Old Trafford has 197 suites and boxes.

When Arsenal moved from Highbury to the Emirates they raised the number of boxes from 48 to 150. A season-long lease costs £65,000.

The American promise that there would be “a spade in the ground in 60 days” proved hopelessly optimistic. Although work began on June 25 with the fencing-off of the Anfield Road car park, no spade was due to go into action until next month.

Taylor claimed that even in the teeth of the credit crunch, raising the £350 million for a stadium – roughly the same cost of the Emirates, which was delivered on time and on budget – should not have been a problem. That would make the new anfield more expensive than The Grove as land prices in London are much higher!!
“The Americans could still have raised the money had the club not had a hod-load of debt placed on its shoulders by the takeover,” he said.

“Arsenal raised £97 million by a 16-year naming-rights deal. Cheap in my opinion
But the Royal Bank of Scotland has loaned £365 million to their company Kop Holdings, whose only asset is Liverpool FC. It’s a sub-prime loan.”

The impact is already being felt. The North-West Development Agency have already withdrawn a £9 million grant for redevelopment of Stanley Park “because there was no detailed evidence funds were in place”.

Since Everton’s move from Goodison to Kirkby is already running into the sands, the most logical solution would be for the pair of them to fund a shared stadium.

However, logic has seldom had anything to do with football.

In the Red ... even winning at Anfield is a losing game. This is the bottom line. I still miss Highbury but theres no going back. We had to move as the chance to re develope Highbury was lost 10,15 years ago.

Liverpool generate roughly £50 million per season less than rivals Arsenal and Manchester United in terms of match-day earnings.

Obviously, Anfield is a significantly smaller ground than Old Trafford or the Emirates, which means smaller gate receipts, but even more significant is the discrepancy in match-day earnings from executive boxes; Manchester United have 197, Arsenal 150 and Liverpool only 32.

Arsenal provide the perfect illustration of just how beneficial it can be to move into a modern, purpose-built stadium. When they moved from Highbury to the Emirates in 2006 they increased their number of boxes from 48 to 150. Match-day revenue promptly shot up 105 per cent, the £3.1 million generated per game more than double the profit at Highbury.

No wonder Liverpool are so keen to get the ball rolling – you can’t write off £50 million per season and expect to stay competitive. Not sure their fans will be so keen. I can see Liverpool slipping out of the top 4 very soon

some very good points, we're losing 50 million ayear, and look at the boxes we have compared to mancs and arsenal. although the real fans hate teh boxes, k them, they cant stand them, but is this the only way forward?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:37 am

I cant believe ive come back to this not suprised though with anything them :censored: do
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:40 am

Going by the radio today there is more going on than we know right now, it sees our club in in the :censored:.
there is talk of a cheap takeover to even save our club yet G&H still will not talk to DIC even after 5 phone calls from them last week.

whatthe hell is going on.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 am

Well in Thommo says it as it is.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9N0z9_qFI
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 am

NANNY RED wrote:I cant believe ive come back to this not suprised though with anything them :censored: do

Welcome back girl  :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 am

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I cant believe ive come back to this not suprised though with anything them :censored: do

Welcome back girl  :)

Its absolutly sickening to come home to this good interview by Tommo by the way
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:02 am

Thommo is just a fan like the rest of us!!
Bet if ya met him in the pub he'd be calling G&H all the bast@rds of the day,fair play to him for coming out and calling them liars on the TV and not mincing his words!

Oh and welcome back Nanny Red! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:04 am

Ciggy wrote:Well in Thommo says it as it is.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9N0z9_qFI

He telling it as it is , he's talking purley from a fans point of view and he's absolutely spot on    Well in thommo lad . It's also good to hear Cottee and Nicholas having a dig . THe more people have a go in the media the better . We've got to houd these tw@ts out , we really have got to keep the pressure on them.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:11 pm

Stellings a grade A tw@t. Nicholas aint far behind him either.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:52 pm

This is :censored: heartbreaking I tell ya! Local lads like Stevie and Carra are not going to be around for ever. We should be in that stadium now, instead we are going round in circles and being made to look like fools. Its depressing. :(
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 pm

anyone else heard mutterings today that the stadium will never be built, or maybe they meant by those two fookers.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion