No more anfield? - What's this world coming too!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:33 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newstadium/ , has a guided tour and photos, looks pretty cool, but I can't imagine Anfield just wasting away.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:06 am

I guess you'll have to.

it looks good but it seems a bit small and plasticy to me...
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:13 am

I can't believe that it's only going to be 55K seater :(

We'd easily fill 60k every week.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:03 am

A lot of new stadiums are constructed in such a way that it is relatively straight forward to add a further tier and expand the capacity.
Don't know if that's the case here but hopefully they have done that, it would make sense.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:04 am

zackboxer wrote:A lot of new stadiums are constructed in such a way that it is relatively straight forward to add a further tier and expand the capacity.
Don't know if that's the case here but hopefully they have done that, it would make sense.

You would hope so, spending that sort of money only for the stadium to be obsolute capacity wise a few years down the track aint great in forward planning stakes
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:02 pm

From seeing interviews with Rick Parry their will not be any chance of adding to the capacity once its built- but i thought it was gonna be 60,000
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Gerrard#1 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:45 pm

well new manager new stadium no more murphy no mor eowen wat is the world coming to
U say get over him, i say get under him!!:P
Gerrard#1

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:00 pm

what i find funny about that video id all the trees and grass ,what did they do wipe out most of liverpool to build it
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:10 pm

lol they are supposed to be putting it up in the middle of a park.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:06 pm

It looks good, but there are a few things that I wonder about. As everyone else says, the capacity seems a little restricted at 55,000 - that's a whole 10,000 less than Man U! Also, it looks a bit like every other new stadium. It doesn't look too original which is a shame. Some of the stadiums they built in Portugal for euro 2004 were like works of art - why can't we be a bit more like that! A bit of red on the outside of the stadium wouldn't be such a terrible idea.
Quimby

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:17 pm

They wanted to place large colourful images on the outside of the stadium but the local council refused permission, so it just has to be grey and boring.

Miserable sods.

???
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:23 pm

Sorry to jump back on the old debate, but the following points make this the wrong Stadium plan: Wrong Location; taking up parkland, poor transport links, no car parking, needs to be on docks near city centre and merseyrail Too small; should be 80,000, does not look capable of future expansion with cable stay supports. Too expensive at £100m, we need the money for players just now. The current plan looks like an ego trip to me and for all you zenophobic Red's, if Everton had the money I am certain that a ground share would make much better economic sense, sorry about that one, but that's life !! :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Quimby » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:59 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:They wanted to place large colourful images on the outside of the stadium but the local council refused permission, so it just has to be grey and boring.

Miserable sods.

???

That's a shame. Liverpool as a city has invested so much money in its culture and the great art galleries etc. You would've thought the council would've seen the great opportunity there would be for making a unique, visually exciting stadium that would not only be wonderful for the club, but also continue the re-development of the city.
Quimby

Postby L-type » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:08 pm

I think it looks pretty nice, but drab as previously stated, but i can't see anfield being dumped for this 100m slab of steel and concrete
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:09 am

I've seen this stadium in the last couple of days ..............Its called the Reebok stadium and it's where Bolton Wanderers play ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion