No late transfer window buys for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 pm

s@int wrote: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  there are some fecking hypocrites on here :laugh:

Not meaning you Dawson

Not sure I get ya, I was never much of a fan of Keane?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Rush Job wrote:
s@int wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  there are some fecking hypocrites on here :laugh:

Not meaning you Dawson

Not sure I get ya, I was never much of a fan of Keane?

I didn't mean you either mate
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

I was a fan i thought he would be ideal . Never worked out though.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 am

I reckon it's Barry as he was a Keane optimist.

I was too but all things conidered, it was hard not to be. As it was he turned in "nothing" performances 90% of the time which is why I really don't believe a significant amount more playing time would've restored my hopes for him.

He should still be able to do a job for Celtic, though, much like Bellamy did before he joined Balckburn.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:26 am

Igor Zidane wrote:I was a fan i thought he would be ideal . Never worked out though.

I thought he was a good player mate, I just didn't think he was the type of player we needed at the time, and that we still need.

We need/needed either a big bustling cente forward or a very creative second striker, and Keane is neither of those.
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 pm

s@int wrote: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  there are some fecking hypocrites on here :laugh:

Not meaning you Dawson

Surely can't mean me either, before he came here I was indifferent to him, an ok striker but not someone I thought we should go out and buy. When we signed him it stuck out as a silly price, £20.3m, for a 28yo and a nothing special striker at that.

I read today in the rumours we're going to sign Jovanovic from Standard Liege on a free in the summer, his goal knocked the bitters out of Europe in the UEFA Cup qualifiers :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Rush Job wrote:By that reasoning les ferdinand is twice the player keane is so we should sign him.

You're not seriously expecting to have a rational discussion with Tonyeh over Keane are you?!?!? I remember him claiming he wasn't a big Keane fan, or words to that effect, and yet constantly harped on about how Keane was victimised and never played beyond the 60th minute of any game :laugh:

That list of goalscorers in the Premiership is as meaningless as a list of top runscorers in Test cricket. The longer they play and the more Tests they play, the more runs they will accumulate. Doesn't mean Sachin is better than Bradman, although some fans of a certain country will try and make out he is if not actually stating it outright
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Owzat wrote:
Rush Job wrote:By that reasoning les ferdinand is twice the player keane is so we should sign him.

You're not seriously expecting to have a rational discussion with Tonyeh over Keane are you?!?!? I remember him claiming he wasn't a big Keane fan, or words to that effect, and yet constantly harped on about how Keane was victimised and never played beyond the 60th minute of any game :laugh:

That list of goalscorers in the Premiership is as meaningless as a list of top runscorers in Test cricket. The longer they play and the more Tests they play, the more runs they will accumulate. Doesn't mean Sachin is better than Bradman, although some fans of a certain country will try and make out he is if not actually stating it outright

Sachin is better than Bradman, by what measure can you argue against that. Teh standard of bowlers is far far higher these days than in Bradman's era.
Having said that Bradman was also fantastic and raised the bar in world cricket.
I am slightly bewildered who Keane scored all these goals for, it sure as hell wasn't us.
heimdall

Postby Aussie Style » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm

^Didn't know they played cricket in Norway or wherever you're from?!
Comparing players from eras 50 years apart is always difficult. Although I would say batting is alot easier these days though with the advances in technology and pitches etc. 99 batting average will NEVER be beaten.

Anyway..isn't this a football forum? :laugh:
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Anyway..isn't this a football forum? :laugh:

debateable mate...

:kungfu:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Aussie Style wrote:^Didn't know they played cricket in Norway or wherever you're from?!
Comparing players from eras 50 years apart is always difficult. Although I would say batting is alot easier these days though with the advances in technology and pitches etc. 99 batting average will NEVER be beaten.

Nope not much cricket played in Norway but I grew up in England so delight on the rare occasions they beat your lot at the ashes.  :D

I would personally say that the standard of cricket is much much higher now than it was in some bygone era when most of the players were amateurs, anyway if we are going way back then my nomination is for W G Grace.
heimdall

Postby Rush Job » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:08 pm

heimdall wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:^Didn't know they played cricket in Norway or wherever you're from?!

Nope not much cricket played in Norway but I grew up in England so delight on the rare occasions they beat your lot at the ashes.  :D

I would personally say that the standard of cricket is much much higher now than it was in some bygone era when most of the players were amateurs, anyway if we are going way back then my nomination is for W G Grace.

Glad to see you back talking footballing sence. :suspect:
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Owzat wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Keane at all. In fact, I was sceptical myself about his signing for Liverpool.

But the shite that's talked on here about the lad is ridiculous at times.
tonyeh

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Skysports:

The agent of Milan Jovanovic claims his client is not on the verge of signing a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool.

Reports earlier in the week had suggested that the Serbian playmaker was close to committing his future to the Reds and was expected to form part of Rafa Benitez's squad in 2010/11.

However, it has now emerged that such a deal has not been put in place, with the Standard Liege forward yet to decide where his next move will take him.

Jovanovic has plenty of avenues to explore, with numerous clubs monitoring his situation.

Liverpool had hoped to beat the rush for his signature by reaching an agreement in January, but could be about to see those efforts come to nothing.

"There are many possibilities," Jovanovic's agent Zoran Stojadinovic told Superdeporte.

"The situation will be resolved soon, but he has not signed for any club as yet."

Options
It is believed that Spanish giants Valencia have edged ahead in the race to land Jovanovic, with Stojadinovic admitting that discussions with the Primera Liga outfit are 'very advanced'.

However, there are plenty of other sides still in the frame and nothing has been ruled out as yet.

"There is plenty of interest from Spain," added Stojadinovic.

"But there are also a number of clubs from across Europe that remain keen."

Fecking agents :angry:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 am

tonyeh wrote:I'm not a big fan of Keane at all. In fact, I was sceptical myself about his signing for Liverpool.

But the shite that's talked on here about the lad is ridiculous at times.

Your words (in defence of Keane) and your claim you aren't a big Keane fan don't tally, I don't believe I'm wrong when I say you don't bat an eyelid at "all the shite that's talked on here about the lad" in reference to Kuyt so you are at best fickle about who you defend.

He was poor, maybe he should have been given longer BUT not because of anything he did, but for the fact that players given six months is a joke. That said, it could have been the right time to cut our losses, we don't know what the exact fee or terms of his return to spudz were, but it could be that keeping him would have cost us a shedload more than chances he missed
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion