No late transfer window buys for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Sky Sports News makes you sick.Showing Big Ben chime as the transfer deadline closes
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

fivecups wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Dinger wrote:Looks like we have one player coming in today.

Shame its not a striker. Just another Greek defender.

What is the point in us buying another right back when we already have Johnson, Degan, Kelly and Darby in our squad. In another month all 4 should be fit.

Don't agree. I think we've needed a reliable back up at RB for 2 seasons now.

Last season with Arbeloa injured we had Skrtel and Mascherano at RB. Arbeloa went, Johnson joined.

Kelly looked promising, Darby had one poor game, and one good one but both are inexperienced youths. Degen can be discounted as a player who will never be reliably fit and will probably retire on medical grounds. Carra's done well this season filling in but would be more useful at CB.

It's a six month loan deal I believe so it shouldn't reduce the chances of getting another striker.

Kelly's playing for the ressies tonight ,so fingers crossed .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

It's shocking....If Maureen was here he would have bought loadsa back strikers for Torres and millions of centre halves ,fullback...real wingers and he would have got more locals to staff the bars...cuz hes dead special :(

bring on the next transfer window...it's great telly :shifty
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Apparantly he spends his own money too.......... :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Reg wrote:Apparantly he spends his own money too.......... :laugh:

I think its complete speculation that he apparently knits his own clothes and grows his own food in order to buy players for Inter  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Reg wrote:Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Except if its a doner kebab...
:buttrock
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:41 pm

fivecups wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:

What is the point in us buying another right back when we already have Johnson, Degan, Kelly and Darby in our squad. In another month all 4 should be fit.

Last season with Arbeloa injured we had Skrtel and Mascherano at RB. Arbeloa went, Johnson joined.

Kelly looked promising, Darby had one poor game, and one good one but both are inexperienced youths. Degen can be discounted as a player who will never be reliably fit and will probably retire on medical grounds. Carra's done well this season filling in but would be more useful at CB.

It's a six month loan deal I believe so it shouldn't reduce the chances of getting another striker.

Where does it say we have got this guy ? cant find news of this being confirmed anywhere
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
fivecups wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:

Where does it say we have got this guy ? cant find news of this being confirmed anywhere

same here,not a whisper about any signing and was watching ssn all day and no mention of us linked with anyone.
whats your source dinger?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Wonder where the money has gone from the sales of Vorinin and the doss ? £1.5 miilon for maxi . Where's the rest gone ? Err let me take a wild guess .Possibly something to do with the debt , ahh but then again net spends got feck all to do with it ,anit that right .

Yer igor watch your mouth.
For every 5m we make on sales rafa gets 1, shocking that we are not top of the league! :no
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:All I'm saying is we'reLiverpool FFS, lets show sonme pride and stop whining about the same old thing every time we get a chance. No matter the situation, the players we have got now should be more than good enough to achieve 4th space (achieve lol, like 4th is sooo good)

We havent got the money due to the owners, fair enough, but wed have 9 million according to sources if Rafa would get rid of Babel, and he don't play Babel so why not?

I detest the owners, we'd be infintely better with anyone else, but they are here, adn they ain't the ones on the pitch for 90 minutes come matchday

Maybe the reason Babel is still here is because rafa knows he wouldnt get the money to spend.
So why weaken the squad?
I think rafas got the message.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:I can just picture the two lads walking into a hotel restaurant..."Gut eeff, ladies and genitals-men....Iss me, Stavros...an' him, Vasilios..."

Salad and sauce please mate.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:All I'm saying is we'reLiverpool FFS, lets show sonme pride and stop whining about the same old thing every time we get a chance. No matter the situation, the players we have got now should be more than good enough to achieve 4th space (achieve lol, like 4th is sooo good)

We havent got the money due to the owners, fair enough, but wed have 9 million according to sources if Rafa would get rid of Babel, and he don't play Babel so why not?

I detest the owners, we'd be infintely better with anyone else, but they are here, adn they ain't the ones on the pitch for 90 minutes come matchday

Sorry daws , don't agree mate . I'm going to keep banging the drum until there gone and everyone on this site has signed up to SOS . You for starters.  :D

As soon as SOS agreed on paper that Rafa should share at least a third of the blame I will sign up.

As much as I hate the American owners and what they have done to the club financially, it cannot be used a smokescreen for Rafa's significant failings as a coach. Money aside, his decision making has essentially been the root case of failure this season.

I don't think anyone is saying Benitez is not at fault. However are you going to say we would still be in this position if he was allowed to get more 1st choice signings instead of bargain basement alternatives? Rafa has made some poor choices but naturally it's him to gets the brunt of it as he is the manager but let's not forget he also brought in some top players to this club. I'm sure if we were allowed to bring in 1 or 2 more top players in the summer we would have maintained on last season or even moved forward instead of taking 2 steps back.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Rush Job wrote:

Maybe the reason Babel is still here is because rafa knows he wouldnt get the money to spend.
So why weaken the squad?
I think rafas got the message.

Also if he goes to the world cup and has a half decent tournament we should get back what we paid for him at the very least.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Have we bought anyone, :(

What a good bit of buissness though by Harry eh, according to all the media and spurs fans, Robbie Keane i have always supported Celtic, an Liverpool an Spurs, an Leeds an Inter an anyone else who wants me, :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

red till i die!! wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
fivecups wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:

same here,not a whisper about any signing and was watching ssn all day and no mention of us linked with anyone.
whats your source dinger?

The sorce is the original link, the only other place online I have heard anything about it is 'ere I've not seen it pop up anywhere as confirmed yet either.
Dinger

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion