Nihat ( genius player )

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ToTinho » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:34 pm

i think that Rafa should try and sign real sociedad striker Nihat kahveci , this guy is a genius he links very well with a big target man and he is a clinical finisher . his contarct ends this summer and i know rafa during his days at valencia rated him very highly .

i think there is a mate in here( senior Sabre ) who is a real sociedad fan and i'm sure he knows nihat better than me .

ur views ?
thanx
ToTinho

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:39 pm

I would be deeply ashamed if we sold a player and this player was not good enough. But both Alonso and Nihat would be safe signings. (alonso has been)

Oops boss at the office, I'll continue later giving arguments about why it would be an excellent signing.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:43 pm

Sabre wrote:Oops boss at the office, I'll continue later giving arguments about why it would be an excellent signing.

:D  being a boss i dont have that problem  :D

unlucky sabre  :D   :rasp

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:47 pm

i remember seeinh him in the great season sociedad had when they finished second and i was amazed by him ,xabi alonso and de pedro , this trio was so good and made many assists to kovacevic . last season i think nihat started strongly but had a v. bad injury i think .
ToTinho

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:52 pm

i remember seeinh him in the great season sociedad had when they finished second and i was amazed by him ,xabi alonso and de pedro , this trio was so good and made many assists to kovacevic . last season i think nihat started strongly but had a v. bad injury i think .

You remember right. We almost win the league that season, 1 point away of winning our third Spanish title, and that's something for a town of 200.000 people. We made great football that season, even ridiculizing Real Mandril at our home.

Nihat profile:

He was one of J.B Toshack's suggestions . Toshack has been our manager 2 times, but when he is not, he is linked to our team by suggesting players. He has failed in no personal bet, so far, what an eye he has!. He is a known liverpool supporter too (he speaks about liverpool all the time, well and about Swansea).

So Nihat came as a promising winger from Besiktas, who was extremely fast, and with decent crosses. But you know, when a player starts scoring 2 goals per game, you start considering to put him upfront. And it bloody worked.

Kovacevic received and hold the ball , meanwhile our team stepped up, back to Alonso, Nihat was running like an arrow, and long ball from Alonso. Every team that played the  tactic of advanced line of defence to reduce spaces (1), received 3 goals. When this didn't work, because the opposition was very behind in the line of defence (once they started respecting us), Alonso made 30 m passes to the wings, our winger crossed, and goals. Both Kovacevic and Nihat got more than 15 goals each that season.

But their quality was not a matter of one season. RIght now they're supporting the team by themselves. Kovacevic is now injured :(, but so far this season, we've been playing with 8 youngster, from which only Prieto our winger, and Novo who we have signed from Atletico (not youngster) are good enough. If we are in the middle of the table it's just because we have  world class strikers.

So I'm a bit classical. I like to play with a variation of 4-4-2. In my book one striker must be finisher, and struggling, a la Morientes, or a la Crouch in the future, and the other one must be at least Fast. Cisse is fast, but Nihat is faster. And better. Faster both in top speed and acceleration. Better, because Nihat dribbles, finishes, crosses and also throws corners and set pieces.

I would be very sure about his success in Anfield.

What's the problem? CSKA Moscow, Sevilla, At. Madrid and Valencia want him (half the league want him). He asks for 1.5 Million € per season (1 M quid?) that's far beyond our possibilities(Real S.). I think it's true Rafa did talk well about NIhat in the past, but I don't quite remember the quotes.

But all is not lost. Nihat is a sensible player, he cares about the crowd. He's ready to go abroad (was ready to go to Moscow) and he definitely would preffer to play in Anfield, rather than scoring goals against us. I'm pretty sure of that.

Sabre

(1) This was the fashion 3-5 years ago, fashion in football in Spain is like the one of clothes, one team does something and it works, and soon enough many teams of the pile start doing that
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:21 pm

Excellent stuff as per usual Sabre...Gracia Senor :buttrock

:D
76-1115222408

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:24 pm

I know your intention is good, but don't call me "Señor".

I'm 29. I've enjoyed a lot this decade. But at 29, when you start with a girl, the family starts buggering you with stuff like "Hope this one is the definite" one. So I'm not happy about the idea of being 30 soon.

Ah, my point is that "Señor" is correct Spanish and it's a form of respect. But it's not applied to young people, but middle aged and beyond . So that's why I hate so much to be called "Señor" it makes me older :D </ending Spanish lesson>

Bottomline, call me mate :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:26 pm

Sabre wrote:I know your intention is good, but don't call me "Señor".

I'm 29. I've enjoyed a lot this decade. But at 29, when you start with a girl, the family starts buggering you with stuff like "Hope this one is the definite" one. So I'm not happy about the idea of being 30 soon.

Ah, my point is that "Señor" is correct Spanish and it's a form of respect. But it's not applied to young people, but middle aged and beyond future. So that's why I hate so much to be called "Señor" it makes me older :D </ending Spanish lesson>

your worried about turning 30.....pah

Señor

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:31 pm

Ah, my point is that "Señor" is correct Spanish and it's a form of respect. But it's not applied to young people, but middle aged and beyond . So that's why I hate so much to be called "Señor" it makes me older :D </ending Spanish lesson>

excellent post and good sense of humour mate :)
whylongball?

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:12 pm

Nihats ok but we dont need any more strikers and plus he wouldnt come cheap. Sticking on the subject of Turkk i think we should sign Sanli Tuncay. Hes a great player yet to be snatched up by a big club and Newcastle are closing in on him and will probably get him due to Souness Turkish link.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:53 pm

:laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby ToTinho » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:22 am

his contract with r. sociedad will expire this summer i think .. right ??
ToTinho

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:40 am

Correct. No fee must be paid, only his wages.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:48 am

well , that will just make it even a better deal , i believe that could the best deal made by LFC for a long time ...
ToTinho

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:48 pm

ToTinho wrote:well , that will just make it even a better deal , i believe that could the best deal made by LFC for a long time ...

Unless Sociedad get him to sign another contract before this one expires. Is it worth Liverpool making a lot of noise in the Spanish press? I'm just thinking that they can't approach without Sociedad's permission while under contract can they?

Is it worth taking that gamble rather than missing out or being overcharged for another quality player?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion