Nice job

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:16 pm

It was nice to see us win once again at Anfield. Great performance

I was surprised to see Alonso and Baros on the bench,possibly to rest them for Monaco. I think they were tired for this game so Rafa wanted to rest them for Monaco which is a probably true.

I think we have a good chance of beating Monaco if we continue playing as one, and a win over Manchester would be great as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:38 pm

The beers will taste much sweeter tonight. The ficklebuggers will be alot quieter also. Great performance and will give everyone a lift. Hope we can take this into the Monaco game now and get off to a winning start in the CL. If so that will be where the season really gets going :)
Last edited by madred on Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:39 pm

certainly would A.B. depending on how many minutes injury time the ref adds on for the mancscum :)  :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:44 pm

can any name the monaco starting eleven cost they lost guily they most morientes and they lost rothen and they brought in kallon and saviola
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:52 pm

I don't know their starting eleven as they have had Prso, Ibarra and the other bloke I can't remember who was on loan also moving from Monaco at the end of last season, so there are a lot of changes. Saviola will be a dangerous player but more importantly, Deschamps is one coach who plays with good tactics as evident in the last season with his sides having good work ethics and counter-attack swiftly in away games. Guily will be hard to replace.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:26 pm

Perhaps Monaco isn't as strong as they were last year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:32 pm

there not but we can't take them lightly like we against basle twice or we could find our self in the uefa cup quicker than we no it deportivo dnt seem so strong but u never know and i thibk the world class dive called rivaldo play for Olympiakos :laugh:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:35 pm

I don't know, A.B., as I don't follow Monaco like the other top teams in Europe like Madrid, Barca, Milan ot Juve. By saying "follow", I don't read every single news but would click on the interesting headlines as these clubs have got some tremendously talented players.

As I have said, Guily will be very hard to replace, and Morrientes also had a huge contribution in their CL run last season. Others like Prso, Robben (I think this is how his name is spelt), Ibrra and one or two others who were instrumental in their excellent rus had also left. Strong or not this season, this is the CL and with a clever coach, we take them lightly at our peril.

My main concern is our lack of speed in the central defence and our rather shaky goalkeeper.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:37 pm

if you see there goal u shouldn't be that worried his bascially gifted chelsea there 2-0 lead although he throught gronaker was gonna cross instead of shoot
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:50 pm

A well deserved win for us, looking forward to watching the highlights tonight.

Apparently Finnans goal was the pick of the bunch.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:59 pm

I would like to see Cisse and Baros score more, they are "strikers"
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:01 pm

Yes, i agree A.B. would be nice, although from the commentary i listened to they said Cisse had a really good game and deserved a goal.

Hopefully he will score next week against Manure and then go on a scoring run :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:38 pm

I know everyone would like to see the strikers on the scoresheet more, but how cool is it to see the midfielders getting in there with goals? Something we were seriously lacking last season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby madred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:06 pm

Monaco won their championnat fixture tonight at home to Strasbourg. Goals from Emmanuel Adebayor, Mohamed Kallon and Javier Saviola gave them a 3-1 win. Not just us going into the game with a confidence booster now but i still i think we will win.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:14 pm

Ivor, I agree. In my opinion I love when the midfield scores, I wouldn't mind having Luis Garcia and Steven Gerrard the top goal scorers for Liverpool or even the Premiership.

It is going to be a tough game against Monaco. A draw wouldn't be too bad but I think we should go for a win. Let's save that draw when we play them in Monaco.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion