Im gonna murder you :nod

Crackin shirt though

Maybe Saints still got hes :laugh:

:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 am

This is LFC's Marketing Blurb...

"It's not a badge, it's a family crest. Nothing is impossible." Adidas Poster.

"It's set to be a paradise for Liverpool fans - the biggest official club shop anywhere in Europe." Club Press Release about the new club shop opening tomorrow.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160022080522-0940.htm

A paradise for Liverpool supporters. A veritable utopia for us all.

Whatever the marketing blurb says we know that paradise isn't a place where Manchester United are league and European Champions  and look like investing significantly this summer from a position of strength. We know paradise isn't inertia; two owners desperate to wring every last penny over their abortive eighteen months in charge of the football club. We know paradise isn't being lied to again and again. It isn't Rick Parry.
It isn't David Moores. This isn't paradise but, well, nothing is impossible.

Supporting this football club isn't buying into a franchise; it's committing yourself to shared values and aspirations. It's a necessity of modern football that this collective identity is taken and sold back to us. However that doesn't mean we should accept it when those shared values and aspirations aren't simply being ignored but are being ridden roughshod over by those who stand to gain from our support.

We've asked you to withhold that support wherever possible and we ask you to do so again. We've asked you to spread this word around and we ask you to do so again. We've asked each and every one of you to consider every pound that goes into the football club as being a pound which goes towards us paying off a debt which is not ours, which has not been instituted for the benefit of the football club but for the two greedy individuals who hold our potential back, and work out whether or not that pound is worth spending.

The fight has dragged on but that doesn't make it any less worth fighting and it doesn't make it any less urgent. Every day that passes damages our club and we're looking for new fronts to open, to re-emphasise there is no custodianship here, no integrity, no honesty, no dignity. Nothing that makes LFC fans proud.

Next week we're hoping to start sending membership packs out, we're hoping to launch the online membership. Within our membership packs is a badge. The badge we send out isn't just a badge, isn't a family crest but it is a simple statement - that the wearer will not accept our shared values being destroyed, that the wearer will fight against this now, and will ensure that after this fight has been won the next custodians will be held to account.

We know nothing is impossible; that's why we're here: an organisation created from the ground up, energised by Liverpool supporters who will not watch what they believe in be eroded by lies and ongoing incompetence. A democratic organisation which has and will continue to speak for the collective, speak for the shared values and aspirations and will speak out as the erosion takes place. We still need your energy and your support; we shall always need it if we are to fulfil what we said we would. We can only come together and hold the club to account for years to come if we do stand together as a massed force of Liverpool supporters.

Paradise isn't a shop. It's being one red in a crowd, urging this football club towards success.

Spirit Of Shankly.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 29, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 29, 2008 2:17 pm

We'll never win the Premiership unless we do two things.

1- Remove the green from the badge.

2- Get an old school Crown Paints logo on the front.

It's scientifically proven that paint = football success.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu May 29, 2008 2:43 pm

s@int wrote:This is LFC's Marketing Blurb...

"It's not a badge, it's a family crest. Nothing is impossible." Adidas Poster.

"It's set to be a paradise for Liverpool fans - the biggest official club shop anywhere in Europe." Club Press Release about the new club shop opening tomorrow.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160022080522-0940.htm

A paradise for Liverpool supporters. A veritable utopia for us all.

Whatever the marketing blurb says we know that paradise isn't a place where Manchester United are league and European Champions  and look like investing significantly this summer from a position of strength. We know paradise isn't inertia; two owners desperate to wring every last penny over their abortive eighteen months in charge of the football club. We know paradise isn't being lied to again and again. It isn't Rick Parry.
It isn't David Moores. This isn't paradise but, well, nothing is impossible.

Supporting this football club isn't buying into a franchise; it's committing yourself to shared values and aspirations. It's a necessity of modern football that this collective identity is taken and sold back to us. However that doesn't mean we should accept it when those shared values and aspirations aren't simply being ignored but are being ridden roughshod over by those who stand to gain from our support.

We've asked you to withhold that support wherever possible and we ask you to do so again. We've asked you to spread this word around and we ask you to do so again. We've asked each and every one of you to consider every pound that goes into the football club as being a pound which goes towards us paying off a debt which is not ours, which has not been instituted for the benefit of the football club but for the two greedy individuals who hold our potential back, and work out whether or not that pound is worth spending.

The fight has dragged on but that doesn't make it any less worth fighting and it doesn't make it any less urgent. Every day that passes damages our club and we're looking for new fronts to open, to re-emphasise there is no custodianship here, no integrity, no honesty, no dignity. Nothing that makes LFC fans proud.

Next week we're hoping to start sending membership packs out, we're hoping to launch the online membership. Within our membership packs is a badge. The badge we send out isn't just a badge, isn't a family crest but it is a simple statement - that the wearer will not accept our shared values being destroyed, that the wearer will fight against this now, and will ensure that after this fight has been won the next custodians will be held to account.

We know nothing is impossible; that's why we're here: an organisation created from the ground up, energised by Liverpool supporters who will not watch what they believe in be eroded by lies and ongoing incompetence. A democratic organisation which has and will continue to speak for the collective, speak for the shared values and aspirations and will speak out as the erosion takes place. We still need your energy and your support; we shall always need it if we are to fulfil what we said we would. We can only come together and hold the club to account for years to come if we do stand together as a massed force of Liverpool supporters.

Paradise isn't a shop. It's being one red in a crowd, urging this football club towards success.

Spirit Of Shankly.

:nod
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Fri May 30, 2008 3:29 am

I'd sign the petition because I of course wouldn't want to see Liverpool Football Club turn into a Franchise, but then again I won't be able to withstand myself from purchasing the new kits. And I'd hate being hypocritical.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby ConnO'var » Fri May 30, 2008 3:32 am

SundanceKid wrote:I'd sign the petition because I of course wouldn't want to see Liverpool Football Club turn into a Franchise, but then again I won't be able to withstand myself from purchasing the new kits. And I'd hate being hypocritical.

Que?
ConnO'var

Postby Kharhaz » Fri May 30, 2008 3:40 am

SundanceKid wrote:I'd sign the petition because I of course wouldn't want to see Liverpool Football Club turn into a Franchise, but then again I won't be able to withstand myself from purchasing the new kits. And I'd hate being hypocritical.

Being a supporter of the mighty reds isnt hypocritical. Its just down to a differing of opinions.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Fri May 30, 2008 5:19 am

ConnO'var wrote:

Que?

I'm going to buy both the new home and away kits for next season. But at the same time I do support the boycott [Though I'm not sure how successful it will be].

Kind of like an animal rights activist wearing a leather jacket.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:11 pm

I dont really like any of them, the white collar on the home shirt looks po.o.

I though Adidas were meant to be much better than Reebok, not on that evidence their not.
66-1112520797

Postby Rafa D » Fri May 30, 2008 2:18 pm

I think it was all organised too late to have any sort of boycott of the kit.

I bought the top before I actually got wind of any boycott talk and many others would of as well.

As we have proved before, a successful boycott needs to be well organised in advance.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri May 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Nanny, I have the 65 shirt as well.   The sleeves are too short, they must have been little stumpy guys in those days !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:19 am

the new shirts have sold out in my area, they will get more in on monday.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat May 31, 2008 9:34 am

lakes10 wrote:the new shirts have sold out in my area, they will get more in on monday.

No wonder there staying put when theres fans like you

Stop buying all merchandise
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:44 am

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:the new shirts have sold out in my area, they will get more in on monday.

No wonder there staying put when theres fans like you

Stop buying all merchandise

Nanny I have not got one and was not going to get one.......yet.

But in truth i feel there is no point in not buying them.

I think last year we sold more shirts in Hong Kong that we did in the UK.

The fact being the owners not care if we buy them or not, we have gone past that point now and this its now about a small war between themselves.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat May 31, 2008 3:55 pm

A lot of people over on RAWK are buying fakers. When I say fake, I mean fake kits that are virtually identical in every way to a top you'd spend £40 quid on in the shops, and that's not including extras like numbering and name plus badges and stuff.

Look here; click

I've ordered a few kits from there, and from the feedback on RAWK (including pics) you're saving yourself a few quid. The Spain kits are perfect with Torres on the back and #9. I'll let you know what my Argentina and Spain away tops are like when I get them. For £8 (12 all in) you can't be bad to that.

One more thing: the Liverpool kits are in early stages, so they aren't identical to the legit ones just yet. They say it usually takes a month or so for them to perfect them, so I'm waiting to see before I get one. Also, according to folks on RAWK, the sizes are a bit mad. A Thai small is more or less like a UK medium, so bear that in mind.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion