News just in.... - Liverpool in takeover bid...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:54 pm

we hav own over the GOAT too! :;):
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:Are you kidding. Rafas futue will be more secure than ever. Hopefully he will have a large kitty in the summer. So no more iffy signings. But Rafa wont go and buy big big oney players. I see him spending money on securing young talent that Argie kid.

bavlondon, look at Claudio Renrie's case. His job was secure when he got Champions League qualification. But When RA bought Chelsea he wanted immidiate success, but CR failed to do that so he sacked him after a year.

I just hope that the new owner would be patient and optimistic with Rafa's job.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:59 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Are you kidding. Rafas futue will be more secure than ever. Hopefully he will have a large kitty in the summer. So no more iffy signings. But Rafa wont go and buy big big oney players. I see him spending money on securing young talent that Argie kid.

bavlondon, look at Claudio Renrie's case. His job was secure when he got Champions League qualification. But When RA bought Chelsea he wanted immidiate success, but CR failed to do that so he sacked him after a year.

I just hope that the new owner would be patient and optomistic with Rafa's job.

Agreed.

I would be in favour of a takeover but only if things stayed as they are i dont want us to end up another chelsea
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:59 pm

Dont worry goat if not the owner the millions of LFC supporters around the globe will make certain that the rich foundation laid by  BILL shankley & BOB paisley is preserved for generations to come!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:03 pm

THERE IS A TIDE IN THE TIMES OF MEN
WHICH TAKEN AT ITS FLOOD
LEADS THEM ON TO GREAT FORTUNE
OMITTED,
ALL THE VOYAGE OF THEIR LIVES
IS SPENT IN SHALLOWS AND IN MISERIES
ON SUCH A HIGH SEA ARE WE NOW AFLOAT
WE MUST TAKE THE TIDE WHEN IT SERVES OR
LOSE ALL OUE VENTURES!

GET IT?!
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:12 pm

i really think that next season we will be making a serious run for the epl crown and thus the hurry by parry and co 4 potential investment..... this is the time , with our rivals going way out on front of as so far as total earnings is concerned its the only way to keep us among the elite (IM SOORY TO SAY).
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:27 pm

All this talk of new investment makes it even more obvious just how ridiculous and insulting Steve Morgan's proposal was last year. We simply wouldn't go any further with Morgan than we have done under David Moores. Morgan would have used all of his cash to buy the club but what would that have left to use on squad development? We would then have required a second party to come in and fund the new stadium.

I love anfield as much as the next red, but as others have already stated, to move with the times, we need to compete with Man Utd in terms of revenue. At the moment Manure get £1 million more than us in gate receipts every home game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:31 pm

1m more? show the maths pls.
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:31 pm

redsince2001 wrote:GET IT?!

Thankfully not.  :)

Anybody else?

And what's with all the fuckwits on this thread?
AlanHansen

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 pm

metalhead wrote:

How can you compare the cv of Ranieri to that of Benitez.

Are you being serious mate?

Rafa was proven before he arrived at Anfield and hes reaffirmed himself. The players are consatantly improving.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:44 pm

AlanHansen wrote:
redsince2001 wrote:GET IT?!

Thankfully not.  :)

Anybody else?

And what's with all the fuckwits on this thread?

Would you like to give any evidence for us being f.uckwits as you say with your dirty mouth? I think we've given some very fair opinions on the matter and ones that make sense, and thats what they are, opinions, anyone can have 1 so shut your mouth  :)
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:36 pm

redsince2001 wrote:As concerns the takeover I hear that Moores will sell only a part and not all of his 51.5% share in the club, Apparently the bidder with the best stadium plan and atleast 200m will get the nod from the board.

I dont know this but wat abt Rick parry?Does he hold any share?

No Rick Parry doesn't own any shares in the club himself. I don't know whether or not he is listed as a shareholder of the club but i remember reading around the time when Morgan was tring to get in that the only board member that actually owns shares is moores himself; all of the other board members with substantial shares in the club are only baby sitting them for moores. I don't know if this makes up his 51% share holding or whether he actually has a bigger  percentage of shares which is what the rest of the board members have.

I think it could still be anything upto a year still before anything concrete happens and what has come out today is just fulfilling the laws of the stock exchange with the spanish fella going public saying he wants to buy into the club. In an ideal world we would see money invested into the club from an outside source and Moores keep his position as chairman and overall control of the club but can anybody really see that coming off, 'cos i certainly can't. It's already been said on here somewhere but why would anyone want to pump massive amounts of money into the club without having any say in the running of the club. Yes they may get a seat on the board and a payout from the share dividends but is that gonna be enough to persuade somebody to pump in what could end up being close to a 1/4 of a billion pounds who isn't a staunch Liverpool fan? I have my doubts, but this is where I believe that the outcome maybe in the for of the Kraft family. They have a track record in the U.S of building impressive modern stadia and pumping money into sports teams. The stadium may be paid for by the Krafts and in return they may sell the naming rights to the new stadium in return for a share of the profits from that. I would also think that they would see the investment into (here comes that horrible modern footballing term) the LFC brand  :angry:  as a sound investment and hope to profit from the club by using their knowledge of the american sporting market to exploit it to their and the clubs advantage.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:30 pm

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:

How can you compare the cv of Ranieri to that of Benitez.

Are you being serious mate?

Rafa was proven before he arrived at Anfield and hes reaffirmed himself. The players are consatantly improving.

bavlondon you are misunderstanding my post. Im not comparing CVs or anything I'm just stating the fact if the new owner is patient or not.

If the owner is an impatient man, he wouldn't care if the players are developing or not, he will only care about immidiate success ( Real Madrid for example). If Rafa fails to deliver something special, this will lead to his sacking, and that is what i'm worried about the new owner. I don't want a  Liverpool Football Club to have an owner who is a glory hunter!

You need to analyize cases here bavlondon and this is what im trying to say about some owners in the world.

I hope Rick Parry and David Moores are doing the right decisions.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ulswater » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:25 am

Make no mistake that David Moores and Rick Parry will only sell the club if the deal is in the best interests of LFC.

These 'sell-out' storys have been going on for as long as I can recall, and to give the board credit they could have signed and gone for the money years ago, but they didn't which has always been an encouraging sign.

Ive no doubt that the club will be eventually sold, it needs to be to keep up in the modern age of football, but Im not worried about it as Moores and Parry will make sure the deal is right for LFC.
ulswater

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Soccer analysts urge calm over Anfield takeover talk

Mar 30 2006

By Bill Gleeson, Daily Post

FINANCIAL experts have warned Liverpool fans should not to become too excited by yesterday's announcement that the club was in takeover talks.

The experts say that a statement issued by the club to the Stock Exchange saying it was in talks with a number of investors about a possible sale of chairman David Moores controlling stake contained nothing new and was likely to be purely procedural.

The statement was issued to comply with procedures that govern the sale of businesses that experience significant public interest in their shares.

They mostly apply to companies quoted on the stock market and it is rare that private companies like Liverpool make such statements.

"Liverpool have been in talks with the likes of the Thais and the Kraft family for two years now. I don't think this announcement means much has changed since six months ago.

"I wouldn't expect any imminent deal," said Neil Blankstone, a director of Liverpool stockbroking firm Blankstone Sington.

The firm acts as a broker for anybody wishing to buy or sell Liverpool shares.

Corporate finance adviser James Dow, who runs his own corporate finance firm Dow Schofield Watts and who has previously advised Everton, Barcelona and Ajax, said the timing of yesterday's announcement was likely to have more to do with Liverpool's recent switch of financial advisers.

The club recruited the services of accountants PricewaterhouseCoopers to replace City investment group Hawkpoint last summer. Mr Dow said some advisers are more inclined to adhere to the letter of the City takeover code than others.

However, Alan Switzer, a consultant in the sports business group of accountants Deloitte, thought the timing of the announcement was significant.

He said: "Clubs don't usually make statements like this as a reaction to speculation. If there was nothing to it they would quash it. This is not that type of statement. There could be something to it."

Liverpool are anxiously searching for new money ahead of a deadline for the funding of their planned new stadium at Stanley Park.

Liverpool has until mid-April to get the funding together to finance the stadium or face losing financial support from Merseyside's Objective 1 programme.

In addition the club needs funds to buy new players and Mr Moores is thought to be looking for around £100m for his 51.5% stake in the club.

Soccer Analyst
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion