News flash , steveie staying - Bbc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:56 pm

just opened a bottle of red blossom hill to celebrate the u-turn i still cant believe it, ps i was thinking last night i might never be able to watch the cl final again, thank you stevie...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby retford red » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:16 am

At last, !! OUR CAPTAIN IS STAYING WHERE HE BELONGS ,THANX STEVIE YOU HAVE MADE 1 MILLION OR MORE FANS ABSOLUTLEY DELIGHTED NOW LETS ALL PULL TOGETHER AND MAKE THIS SEASON ONE THAT OTHERS FORGET !!
On the eight day god created...

STEVEN GERRARD
retford red

Postby Architect » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:52 am

policy wrote:If we didn't get angry and indignant, leaving would have been easier for him. 

Our anger got him to realize that a lot of people really care a lot.

I agree with that mate.

I think when the truth comes out we will see SFX were trying to engineer this and playing each side off against the other. cnuts

You're right. I hope Stevie gives SFX the push after this episode.

SFX are a bunch of greedy buggers who just want to line their own pockets and stir up sh1t.

There'll use whatever means they can to cause friction and to stir things up for their own greedy ends.
Architect

Postby Red @ Heart » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:38 am

i was scanning some chelsea forums to see thier reactions to stevie's u turn and found one site that had mixed emotions, especialy this fella basole......

"Some "sane" people even went as far as suggesting that we should exchange Duff for that "mechanical loser". Now think again if you belonged to this school of thought, What was wrong with you?"

if some of you guys are interested in what was said heres the link to the chelsea forum....

http://www.cfc-net.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8937&whichpage=1

i warn you that some chelsea fans has a few bas words about gerrard.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:55 am

BringBackTiti wrote:Little Britain

Parry: "Now Stevie what do you want to do?"
Gerrard: "I want to go to Chelsea"
Parry: "Are you sure you want to go to Chelsea?"
Gerrard: "Yeah"
Parry: "Now remember you said that last season and you know what a cafuffle that caused"
Gerrard: "Yeah I know"
Parry: "So you're sure you want to go to Chelsea?"
Gerrard: "Yeah"
Parry: "Right i will go and make a statement"

3 hours later

Gerrard "I want to stay"

brilliant  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby captainduck » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:27 am

does anyone have the interview with stevie posted??? i am too cheap to sign up for .tv
captainduck

Postby Santa » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:48 am

retford red wrote:At last, !! OUR CAPTAIN IS STAYING WHERE HE BELONGS ,THANX STEVIE YOU HAVE MADE 1 MILLION OR MORE FANS ABSOLUTLEY DELIGHTED NOW LETS ALL PULL TOGETHER AND MAKE THIS SEASON ONE THAT OTHERS FORGET !!

hang on a minute...I'm still not convinced! I want to see more positive actions on and off the field than U-turns. I hoped Rafa won't feel he is being undermind and all these ciucus season after season do not distabilised the team morale. Gotta say Stevie have many bridges to rebuilt...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby captainduck » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:38 am

i promise to everyone here that by the end of next season everyone will have full faith in him. and he will lead england to world cup glory, as i will kick beckham square in the nuts so he cant captain.(i wonder how high his voice would be after he gets the business end of my foot to the jimmy) nobody can lead a team like stevie! viva la stefan gerrardildo
captainduck

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:42 am

captainduck wrote:does anyone have the interview with stevie posted??? i am too cheap to sign up for .tv

Stevie regrets controversy
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:34 am

"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:37 am

:D
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:48 am

:laugh:
The funniest thing is that Mourinho looks a real natural for that job.  :D

link ......

http://www.scousegoalz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/stevie.jpg
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:18 am

Personally would have preferred 40 million pounds to gerrard staying (his attitude last season as a captain was shocking). But i would love it if he led us the premierleague next season (and the european cup again  :D ).

Now, at least we can switch our focus on getting a quality centreback......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:28 am

another angle to look at.........

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/42605.html
Liverpool must Kop blame for shambles

KAREN GILES July 07 2005

To make sense of the extraordinary events at Anfield over the last few days, you have to understand one thing: Steven Gerrard never wanted to leave Liverpool FC.

Last year maybe, after another listless campaign. But not this summer. Not with memories of Istanbul and raising aloft the European Cup still raising goosebumps on his skin.
Winning the Champions League final against AC Milan did not, as some cynics have suggested, mess up Gerrard's plans for making a quick, clean break from the only club he has ever played for. Victory in Turkey simply made it easier for the Scouser to extend his contract, safe in the knowledge his ambition was not being compromised.

He may be accused of many things after completing the most dramatic U-turn of all yesterday, but Gerrard is neither grasping or disloyal. This latest transfer saga was not about money, furthering his career with championship winners Chelsea or experiencing a new challenge at Real Madrid.
It was all about loyalty and appreciation. One of the toughest, most ruthless midfielders on the pitch just happens to be one of the most sensitive young men off it and he believed, wrongly as it turns out, that manager Rafael Benítez had plans to rebuild Liverpool using the considerable profits from the sale of its captain.

Gerrard, after committing his future to the club in an emotionally-charged declaration in the Ataturk Stadium on May 25 – "How can I leave after a night like this?" – firmly believed Liverpool would have a contract ready for his signature, if not the moment he stepped off the plane from Turkey, certainly as soon as he returned from holiday.
Only Liverpool showed no such initiative or gumption. Instead of responding swiftly and positively to Gerrard's very public show of loyalty and commitment, the club chose to postpone all contract negotiations until after the summer break. Fools.

Yesterday morning, a relieved chief executive, Rick Parry, announced that Gerrard would sign a new four-year deal. It was, he admitted, after a number of emotionally-charged phone calls deep into the night, that he was finally able to convince the Liverpool captain he was wanted at Anfield.
If I were a Liverpool supporter, I would be demanding Parry's head on plate this morning. In this age of unscrupulous players and double-crossing agents, there are very few individuals as genuine or as true to their word as the 25-year old Gerrard. To allow him a moment's uncertainty about his future was unforgivable. As for six weeks . . .

Unless, of course, Parry was only acting on orders. Part of Gerrard's problem has always been not knowing quite where he stands where Benítez is concerned. While José Mourinho has invested heavily in an English backbone at Chelsea, Benítez has increasingly relied on Spaniards to improve Liverpool's fortunes.

After the shock departure of Michael Owen last summer, it is hardly surprising Gerrard began to have misgivings about his own future. He may have inspired Liverpool to victory in the European Cup but there were times last season when Gerrard, urged into a more attacking role, looked anything but vital and influential.

Gerrard insists the blame lies with him, that he had misinterpreted the club's lack of haste in getting him to sign as a reluctance to do business. "This will not be happening again next summer or ever again as far as I am concerned," he insisted yesterday.

Only there are no guarantees and the onus now is on Benítez to put a friendly reassuring arm around his captain's shoulders and convince him he has made the right choice. Anything less from the Spaniard and his belated show of support on Monday, insisting Gerrard could become the next Liverpool manager, will be seen for what it is. A sham.
Even if Benítez believed he could build a new Liverpool team without Gerrard's assistance, the club and its supporters did not.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:51 am

Gerrard eyes completing medal set

Steven Gerrard is ready to put seven days of turmoil behind him and return his focus to completing a perfect Liverpool medal set.

After threatening to leave, deciding to stay, and then having an offer to give up the Reds' captaincy rejected by boss Rafael Benitez, Gerrard is expected to pen a £100,000-a-week four-year contract that will effectively keep him at Anfield for life.

"I have only one medal left to win at Liverpool and that is the Premiership," he told the Liverpool Echo. "That is what I want more than anything and Liverpool is the only place I have ever wanted to win it."

He added: "In my heart, this is my club. I want to help bring success here for the supporters and for their sake, as well as my own, I never want to go through this again."

Aware that by deciding to quit for the second successive summer, then performing a complete U-turn - just as he did 12 months ago - he had upset senior figures within the Liverpool squad, Gerrard on Wednesday offered to hand in his captain's armband.

To his intense relief, Benitez said 'no', although it did not stop the Huyton-born player fronting up his team-mates at the club's Melwood training ground to explain his actions.

"I said to the manager I would like to speak with the players on my own because I know some of them have been frustrated with what's gone on, just like the fans have," he said.

"It would have broken my heart to have lost the captaincy but I thought it was right to make the offer."

Gerrard has been given the rest of the week off to recover from the emotional strain, although he should be available for next Wednesday's encounter with Welsh minnows Total Network Solutions as Liverpool begin the defence of their European title
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion