NEWKIT's Liverpool Share Collective Scheme - Read all about it and sign up here !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 am

heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Like I said earlier, what do the detractors have to benefit from shooting other people's ideas down and calling them stupid and saying that it will never happen?  You have nothing to gain so why not just say nothing?  Obviously no one is forcing you to buy shares, and if it does start to pick up momentum which IS POSSIBLE, FFS Havant & Waterlooville were 2-1 up at Anfield, you would be surprised at what actually IS poissible.  If you say nothing you cannot be wrong, if you speak out against it you are only left with the status quo which almost everyone is against, AND if it does go through and you speak out against it then you have some serious egg on your face.

The Logistical problems are NOT THAT HARD, FFS the model or multiple models are ALREADY laid out from other clubs. Just do a bit of research and do not just close your ears and scream HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY MAKE CHOICES!?!?!?!?!?! ???? ??????  uhhhh an elected board would pick a chairman just like how every other company is run.  HOW could the club make money!?!?!?!?!?!? same way other clubs make money SALES and Selling stock.  A lot of these concepts are not too difficult and if you spend any amount of time actually thinking about solutions there are multiple ways to resolve them.

But no amount of shirt sales will offset the cost of a new stadium.

£300m (which is highly likely to increase) / 100,000 shareholders = £3000 each.

So what happens if, say, 1/3 of the initial 100,000 can't afford to pay up the extra money?

Ok but in that case how can we afford a new stadium anyway?? I'm confused by this. If 100,000 people own the club outright for £500 million then that must be better than 2 yanks who own about £100 million of the club with the rest already in loans. I don't understand the arguments against this.
We would simply loan less money at a cheaper rate than the yanks could as we will have tonnes more equity than they have.

If I'm missing something here then please enlighten me.

Basically the club will be run almost exactly like it is now except there will be an elected president and the club will be completely debt free, if they then decide to build a new stadium it will be much easier to get the money and crucially repay it.

So assume that 10% have bad credit history, or are criminals, etc.

Who's going to lend money to these people?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:42 am

Count me in, i wouldnt mind a full share but it'll mean selling the car.... and the wife  hmmm.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:37 am

Rush Job wrote:and the wife  hmmm.

That would only mean an extra ten bob mate  :laugh:
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:41 am

I am pleased to inform everyone we have more than 200 people, if you are still interested get intouch with me and you can be added to the list.

Thanx everyone for your generosity.

If I havent been intouch with some people on the list get intouch for Jamie's email.

Thanx.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:21 pm

zarababe wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Lakes just shut up and get you wallet out of storage :D

you know what? i would be the first to  put money in if i had not worked in stock market, I have seen things like this go wrong year after year.

If we have on member that could put up 200mil on his own then i would be on board.

the thing is there is no back up money, if things get hard in the first year we would all need to sell the shares to a new owners to save the club.

that being, i will not be putting in. that being said i wish you all good luck and i hope you do save the club and i hope i end up with egg on my face and wishing i had put in.

Well with my share your barred from Anfield  :D

:laugh:

Lakes deserves a clobber on the head - If I didn't like the bloke I'd blo.omin kill him  :oh:

:p   :D  cheers lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Like I said earlier, what do the detractors have to benefit from shooting other people's ideas down and calling them stupid and saying that it will never happen?  You have nothing to gain so why not just say nothing?  Obviously no one is forcing you to buy shares, and if it does start to pick up momentum which IS POSSIBLE, FFS Havant & Waterlooville were 2-1 up at Anfield, you would be surprised at what actually IS poissible.  If you say nothing you cannot be wrong, if you speak out against it you are only left with the status quo which almost everyone is against, AND if it does go through and you speak out against it then you have some serious egg on your face.

The Logistical problems are NOT THAT HARD, FFS the model or multiple models are ALREADY laid out from other clubs. Just do a bit of research and do not just close your ears and scream HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY MAKE CHOICES!?!?!?!?!?! ???? ??????  uhhhh an elected board would pick a chairman just like how every other company is run.  HOW could the club make money!?!?!?!?!?!? same way other clubs make money SALES and Selling stock.  A lot of these concepts are not too difficult and if you spend any amount of time actually thinking about solutions there are multiple ways to resolve them.

So what happens if, say, 1/3 of the initial 100,000 can't afford to pay up the extra money?

Ok but in that case how can we afford a new stadium anyway?? I'm confused by this. If 100,000 people own the club outright for £500 million then that must be better than 2 yanks who own about £100 million of the club with the rest already in loans. I don't understand the arguments against this.
We would simply loan less money at a cheaper rate than the yanks could as we will have tonnes more equity than they have.

Basically the club will be run almost exactly like it is now except there will be an elected president and the club will be completely debt free, if they then decide to build a new stadium it will be much easier to get the money and crucially repay it.

NO I think you misunderstand Lando, I mean the club as a whole taking out a loan not the individual people chipping in £5000 each.

Lakes I really don't see your point, at the moment how much equity does G+H have in the club compared to how much equity the bank has?? Answer not much!! If it was bought out by the fans then that share company as a whole would own 100% of the equity of the club irrespective of its value and based on that could take out loans when and if needed.

As said I really don't get your negativity on this issue, especially from someone having worked in the financial markets, it wasn't Bearings you worked for was it??  :wwww  :wwww

You still haven't answered my question of how this can work for Barcelona and many other big clubs but not us, until you do I will assume, with all respect, that you are talking out of your posterior!
heimdall

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:55 pm

heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

NO I think you misunderstand Lando, I mean the club as a whole taking out a loan not the individual people chipping in £5000 each.

Lakes I really don't see your point, at the moment how much equity does G+H have in the club compared to how much equity the bank has?? Answer not much!! If it was bought out by the fans then that share company as a whole would own 100% of the equity of the club irrespective of its value and based on that could take out loans when and if needed.

As said I really don't get your negativity on this issue, especially from someone having worked in the financial markets, it wasn't Bearings you worked for was it??  :wwww  :wwww

You still haven't answered my question of how this can work for Barcelona and many other big clubs but not us, until you do I will assume, with all respect, that you are talking out of your posterior!

I worked for Merrill Lynch.

It works for Barcelona as it there other monies and not just that of the fans.

in todays market if we asked a bank for a loan we would not get it, its too much of a high risk, somthing that banks are cutting down on.

for this buy out to work there still needs to be big money behind the club. we need someone with a big name  or a good history.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 pm

peewee wrote:
Effes wrote:I think everyone, including you?, want them out.

not really mate, i can take them or leave them, i am more concerned about whats happening on the pitch.

as for the loan, i understand how these things work so i am not too concerned about that either.

i have said many times that when the owners actually let us down then i will worry about them, until then i am more concerned about our football and the fact that this whole buy out thing shows us to be hypocrites and is turning our club into a laughing stock, its not the owners doing that, its the people who thought that this crazy idea would ever bring us anything other than ridicule.

i appreciate others have different views on this mate and i respect that, my view is just different. if it works all credit to those who stuck their neck out

god help us all when so called fans are this naive
not really mate, i can take them or leave them, i am more concerned about whats happening on the pitch.

do you really think the 2 are not linked, it is G&H that have caused all the problems and instability.

personally i didn't buy into the medias attempt to cause instability by having a go at them, i support them 100% in their spat with benitez, as far as i am concerned that was caused by rafa thinking he could bully the owners and he got his wrist slapped as a result.

LOL bully the owners -he let the world know that they would were not all they made out to be and had not put money in the club and invested for its future all they wanted to milk us for all they could. also they told RAFA that he could not SELL or BUY even on a bossman in other words stopped him from doing his job you really expect him to just say yeah OK and keep his mouth shut. RAFA has always been completely dedicated to LFC and only wants the best for us , and for this crime G&H went behind his back and tried to get fu.kin klinsman  to manage our great club, yet you back these scum yank parasites in this ?- shame on you

And you think its NORMAL business practice to lie about investing and not putting debts onto the club? If Moore's Had gone out and got a loan off the banks for 300million then that money could have been used to get us a boss stadium and invest in world class players but he did not want to burden the club with debt so he looked for people with money to invest. In stepped the yanks promising the earth , they went out got the loan used it to buy the club then used the club as collaterall  , so now we don't have the money to build our new stadium and we don't have our money for world class players  but we have paid for the parasites to buy our club and now have the 300million debt. think about it and then tell us all again how you back G&H. "when the owners let us down you will start worring you say " well guess what NOW is the time to start!
Face it you will just back anyone or anything that is against RAFA!
nobybob

Postby babu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Honestly, feck democracy.

Domination, that's what i want. Complete with the class & style shown by previous owners/management & fans*

edit: *Supporters
Last edited by babu on Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:23 pm

lakes10 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

I worked for Merrill Lynch.

It works for Barcelona as it there other monies and not just that of the fans.

in todays market if we asked a bank for a loan we would not get it, its too much of a high risk, somthing that banks are cutting down on.

for this buy out to work there still needs to be big money behind the club. we need someone with a big name  or a good history.

Ah Merrils, ok fair enough, I still don't agree with you though but I guess we are at a stalemate.

I do agree that there needs to be some big names involved though as the thought of an academic running this initiative scares the cr@p out of me.
heimdall

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:23 pm

peewee wrote:
Effes wrote:I think everyone, including you?, want them out.

personally i didnt buy into the medias attempt to cause instability by having a go at them, i support them 100% in their spat with benitez, as far as i am concerned that was caused by rafa thinking he could bully the owners and he got his wrist slapped as a result.

as for the loan, i understand how these things work so i am not too concerned about that either.

i have said many times that when the owners actually let us down then i will worry about them, until then i am more concerned about our football and the fact that this whole buy out thing shows us to be hypocrites and is turning our club into a laughing stock, its not the owners doing that, its the people who thought that this crazy idea would ever bring us anything other than ridicule.

i appreciate others have different views on this mate and i respect that, my view is just different. if it works all credit to those who stuck their neck out

I dont agree with your view on this, so will leave discussing it to one side.

Just so that you understand the time lines involved, Rafa's outburst came following the meeting that Hicks and Gillet had with Klinsmann.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:00 pm

heimdall wrote:
Pedro Maradona wrote:
heimdall wrote:
peewee wrote:remember it doesnt matter how much is collected, they can still refuse to sell.

such a waste of time and effort

great attitude peewee, well I've signed up to it, the full £5000 that is and I hope they get enough people. This is a great business model for a football club and as to how to finance extra things like the stadium it would be exactly how it is done now, with additional small loans if and when required, the difference being that the club itself wouldn't be indebted, in fact the club would have a massive wad of cash!! If they need more money then they could sell more shares, easy. I think its a superb business model and I can't see any reason why it couldn't work, in fact it DOES work in many clubs most notably Barcelona!!

BTW Great scheme to group together people who can't afford the full £5000 Ciggy  :bowdown

GOD LOVE US! Imagine Heimdall having a say in the running of the club! Hicks and Gillett please dont sell!! all is forgiven.....  :D

I'd soon whip the club into shape LOL  :D  :D

Seriously though I don't understand those on here like Peewee who ridicule this plan. It is a business model that works very well in many other top European clubs most notably Barcelona ffs!!!!

Why can it work for Barcelona and not for us??

BEacause we are LFC football club , have some class FFS , this is bloody ridiculous , look at this realistically can the fans actually run the club? , would hicks and gillet sell to the fans? We're just embarassing ourselves more . Let DIC handle , they've just submitted a new bid . Everytime we got any problem at the club , we've always got a pettiton for this and that . Wake up people it's not gonna solve anything , not trying to be negative here but that's REALITY , some of you need to accept it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:14 pm

lakes10 wrote:I worked for Merrill Lynch.

As what?
LFC2007

Postby destro » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:18 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

As what?

Hes Stan O'Neal  :nod
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:20 pm

destro wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

As what?

Hes Stan O'Neal  :nod

If he's Stan O'neal, I'm Bill Gates.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion