NEWKIT's Liverpool Share Collective Scheme - Read all about it and sign up here !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I don't think the group would be dumb enough to buy the club without knowing that they had enough money to run the club and finance the stadium within a reasonable amount of time.

Also, it seems like the goal is to get 500 mil from 100,000 I am sure that many of the richer investors will be able to afford a LOT more than 5,000 pounds.  So either you get some of the richer owners to invest more and buy more shares or you find more new investors, not that difficult.  The only tricky thing is to figure out where you cap how much one person could own of the club, somewhere between 2-5 % I hope.  When you create more shares to sell then the current owners shares are now a lower percentage and the richer people would be able to reinvest again.

no.

the way it is set out is not to give any investor more power than the next investor.

each investor can only have one share.

Yes but members elected to the board to run the club can invest personal monies into the club. That's how it works in Barca and madrid.

so again the members with the most money will have more power, can you see a membe that outs 10 mil into the club not being given a place on the board??

They have to be voted on to the board democratically first . For arguements sake , if two members are running for president ,one pomises to invest £10 million and one promises to invest £15 million ,it's a good chance the second person will get voted in . If hoever he doesn;t deliver on his promises there's a good chance he'll get voted out come the next election.

EXACLY my mate works for a spanish team and is also a shareholder ive asked her alot of info regarding this and it was them who advised me that if the option came up go for it, They have a say who runs there club and how it is run, If its not to the fans liking out they go. You only have to look at some of the most succssesful clubs in Europe to see that it does work
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 pm

spoke to my mate in livepool about this and looked at buying some either individually or as a group but in all honesty after lengthy discussions with them and they are longstanding season ticket holders, the descision is to hold out for a bit until there are more set rules and more information.

Its a great idea in principle but needs to be thought out a bit more. what do you get for the investment, at the mo it looks like nothing.

What about priority for tickets, unlikely to not at all, Barcelona works as you also get a season ticket guaranteeing set revenue.  100,000 wuld not fit in the new ground and we cannot punish those who have season tickets but cannot afford to invest or dont want to.

It would be great to be the peoples club but I would like some more informationor even some firm leadership not the woolly answers and maybes that are floating about now. This is not me being negative but realistic as this could be a great idealistic venture that rips the club apart
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 pm

This probably misses the point as well:D

Been onto Northern Rock today, said i wanted £400 million, to pay the yank shysters off with a further £400 million to build a new stadium, the only questions they asked was did i have any equity I told them LFC as a franchise............. and did i personally have a pot to p155 in, i said no and still got the money............. gonna have a Glenbuck Stand seats 4 sheep farmers.............

Sorry had a bad day at work, but not too dissimilar to the predicament we all find ourselves in.
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Listen weve always been known as a club not like any other we have always set the trends as football fans and as a club going back years . So why not be the first fans in England to own our club weve always been first in everything else. Because ill gaurentee you this that if this does come off youll have other football clubs following what weve done

And if anyone mentions the prem im gonna hunt them down and batter them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:40 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I don't think the group would be dumb enough to buy the club without knowing that they had enough money to run the club and finance the stadium within a reasonable amount of time.

Also, it seems like the goal is to get 500 mil from 100,000 I am sure that many of the richer investors will be able to afford a LOT more than 5,000 pounds.  So either you get some of the richer owners to invest more and buy more shares or you find more new investors, not that difficult.  The only tricky thing is to figure out where you cap how much one person could own of the club, somewhere between 2-5 % I hope.  When you create more shares to sell then the current owners shares are now a lower percentage and the richer people would be able to reinvest again.

no.

the way it is set out is not to give any investor more power than the next investor.

Yes but members elected to the board to run the club can invest personal monies into the club. That's how it works in Barca and madrid.

so again the members with the most money will have more power, can you see a membe that outs 10 mil into the club not being given a place on the board??

They have to be voted on to the board democratically first . For arguements sake , if two members are running for president ,one pomises to invest £10 million and one promises to invest £15 million ,it's a good chance the second person will get voted in . If hoever he doesn;t deliver on his promises there's a good chance he'll get voted out come the next election.

so he gets voted out.....he will take his money with him.

as i say i have seen this before, sometimes it work, most of the time it dont.

it would be better if there was one member that could put up 50% to 60 % and the rest of the fans make the rest up,

Can you please explain to me why this scheme works for Barca and many German clubs  but wouldn't work for us, what's the difference??

Are you honestly saying that if you have £500 million pounds in raw equity and a professional board elected that is would be harder to take out a loan compared to two American "business" men who leverage the entire loan onto the club?? Many things in the city don't make sense to me but that is ludicrous.

I have no idea why you are so anti this scheme, you're not working as PR assistant to Hicks are you ??  :D  :D
heimdall

Postby taff » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Other clubs have had this scheme for a long time and before the commercial advances in football.

I would love to see it work but it is still well in its infancy as an idea
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 pm

heimdall wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

no.

so he gets voted out.....he will take his money with him.

as i say i have seen this before, sometimes it work, most of the time it dont.

it would be better if there was one member that could put up 50% to 60 % and the rest of the fans make the rest up,

Can you please explain to me why this scheme works for Barca and many German clubs  but wouldn't work for us, what's the difference??

Are you honestly saying that if you have £500 million pounds in raw equity and a professional board elected that is would be harder to take out a loan compared to two American "business" men who leverage the entire loan onto the club?? Many things in the city don't make sense to me but that is ludicrous.

I have no idea why you are so anti this scheme, you're not working as PR assistant to Hicks are you ??  :D  :D

500mil raw equity??

First of all you dont have that, what you will have left if  whats left over from buying the club and the club itself.

say we buy the club for 300 mil....who has put the club at that price ...G&H. in fact the club would need to have a new price put on it as soon as the fans buy it and it will be less.

i could sell you a bag of chip for £10 but if you then go and try to sell then you might get told that they should only cosy £1.25.

if the club did not make the CL just once in the next 3 years we would be in the :censored:.

we will have no money to pay for new players as the  raw equity will be being used for the new ground.

dont forget that G&H seem to think that they will sell this club for around 1biln.........so what  are they going to think when we offer 3000 mil.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:12 pm

IF the fans DID manage to buy the club, the new ground idea could be shelved until
an opportunity arises.

A new ground is not the ONLY way forward.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 am

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Lakes just shut up and get you wallet out of storage :D

you know what? i would be the first to  put money in if i had not worked in stock market, I have seen things like this go wrong year after year.

If we have on member that could put up 200mil on his own then i would be on board.

the thing is there is no back up money, if things get hard in the first year we would all need to sell the shares to a new owners to save the club.

that being, i will not be putting in. that being said i wish you all good luck and i hope you do save the club and i hope i end up with egg on my face and wishing i had put in.

Well with my share your barred from Anfield  :D

:laugh:

Lakes deserves a clobber on the head - If I didn't like the bloke I'd blo.omin kill him  :oh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:50 am

Cantgg wait to see you lot start work on monday morning with Parry..........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:51 am

:D he'll be 6ft under matey ...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:03 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Like i said it's not about Rafa,it's about the future of the club. There are plenty of people who don't want rafa as our manager,willing to buy a share in order to get G+H out of the club. Regarding the president. The voting will be democratic ,one share one vote. Now elections would be held every four years(yet to be agreed) for a president and a board. If fans aren't happy with the way the club is being run ,they can vote for another set of candidates. Like i say mate , if you don't agree ,then don't buy a share, but there are some who think it might work and they want to give it a go.

i have no problem with people wanting to give it a go, in theory it is not a bad idea, however its when its tried to put into practice that the sheer logistics etc will scupper it.

as for the democracy of voting, again there will still be a set of fans not happy so we will be no further on that we are now.

personally i think people are blowing this whole thing out of all proportion and all we are doing is shifting the focus from where the real problem lies, and thats on the pitch, not in the boardroom. i have said many times that whats happening off the pitch is not responsible for whats happening on the pitch and i wish fans would put all this new found energy and wealth into getting that side of the club right, i mean we are a football club after all so lets play football and if the new guys ever do actually mess things up then we can deal with this.

lets remember all they have done is told the precious rafa to get on with his job (when rafa was bang out of order i might add) and took out a loan (normal business practice).

too many people on here believe what they read in the press and G&H should come out and out a few people straight.

and again i will reiterate even if the money is raised they can still refuse to sell making a mockery of the whole thing.

we are quickly turning into the mancs here, and remember how much we all mocked them, what next/ are we going to form a new team and play in the conference league.

come on guys get a grip of yourselves    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:35 am

I dont thin people are linking the 2 "dilemma's", Peewee, when discussing the problem
with the owners.

I think everyone, including you?, want them out.

Starting something like this scheme is a long shot - we all know that.
But at least it's something, this kind of stuff will get in the papers
over in the US. and it's bad PR for G&H.
The this kind of stuff continues, there's (hopefully) only so much G&H will
take before they might want to get out.

Or maybe not, who knows?

The whole footballing world are watching - so let's show our displeasure for
all to see.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 am

I wish the movement good luck, but I can't see it working meself. Fans who don't put money forward will soon be showing disgust at some of the decisions being made because it's not what they as an indiviual wants. Also 5 grand is a lot of money, for those who don't have it, and lets not forget Liverpool is more than famous enough for having the highest unemployment rate in England.

Also 100 or 200 fans won't agree, so there'll be anguish within the "board". Better leaving it to one man to come and buy the club and take us forward, as long as the fella is a fan of our club, and is willing to support the manager and players and fans in every single way.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:46 am

Effes wrote:I think everyone, including you?, want them out.

not really mate, i can take them or leave them, i am more concerned about whats happening on the pitch.

personally i didnt buy into the medias attempt to cause instability by having a go at them, i support them 100% in their spat with benitez, as far as i am concerned that was caused by rafa thinking he could bully the owners and he got his wrist slapped as a result.

as for the loan, i understand how these things work so i am not too concerned about that either.

i have said many times that when the owners actually let us down then i will worry about them, until then i am more concerned about our football and the fact that this whole buy out thing shows us to be hypocrites and is turning our club into a laughing stock, its not the owners doing that, its the people who thought that this crazy idea would ever bring us anything other than ridicule.

i appreciate others have different views on this mate and i respect that, my view is just different. if it works all credit to those who stuck their neck out
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion