NEWKIT's Liverpool Share Collective Scheme - Read all about it and sign up here !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Lads, its a great idea but totally unworkable both short, medium and long term, its only benefit is the ridicule G&H are receiving which might speed their decision to sell to DIC.

I would pledge 50 quid to get them out but I dont think we need 100,000 highly opinionated shareholders, do you.... :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:00 pm

is this right if you got one hundred thousand fans to do this they would all need to give five thousand each to get the 500 mil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and when you think they are saying that we would need around 1 bil to run the club till the new ground is built..........its not going to happen.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 pm

peewee wrote:well i will give 10k if they sack rafa, how does that sound? why would i want to pay for a bad manager at the helm?

Pee. the point is mate , this is not really about rafa. It's more about the future of our club. Now if you think that G+H will be good for the future of the club , that's your opinion mate and that's fine. There are alot of fans who seriously think that they will be the ruin of our great club . They are so worried that they are willing to put there own money up (for no return )to try something that will get these two out of our club . Pipe dream maybe , but i feel that passionate about it that i'm willing to put money into something that will at the very least send a message to G+H ,that they are not wanted by the vast majority of fans at our club.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:53 pm

I wanna be the leader
I wanna be the leader
Can I be the leader?
Can I? I can?
Promise? Promise?
Yippee I'm the leader
I'm the leader

OK what shall we do?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:04 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
peewee wrote:well i will give 10k if they sack rafa, how does that sound? why would i want to pay for a bad manager at the helm?

Pee. the point is mate , this is not really about rafa. It's more about the future of our club. Now if you think that G+H will be good for the future of the club , that's your opinion mate and that's fine. There are alot of fans who seriously think that they will be the ruin of our great club . They are so worried that they are willing to put there own money up (for no return )to try something that will get these two out of our club . Pipe dream maybe , but i feel that passionate about it that i'm willing to put money into something that will at the very least send a message to G+H ,that they are not wanted by the vast majority of fans at our club.

igor i know the gist of it mate, but i am trying to point out how un practical this whole thing is, it is NEVER going to happen.

lets just say the money is raised, then what, we elect a president, lets look at the situation we are in now, half of us want rid of rafa, the other half do not, lets say the president decides, half of us are still going to be p*ssed off, then what, we raise more money to buy the club of the other fans and so on and so on and so on.

the logistics of this is too big, and if anyone seriously thinks the owners will be worried about this they need to think again, they know business and they know this is a non starter, they already know fans are annoyed and this wont make them think they are any more annoyed.

save your money guys, the owners are not the issue here, the manager is the issue, we are all annoyed with the owners because things are not going well on the pitch, and that my friends is the managers fault, not the owners.

i would rather everyone chip in to raise the 6 million to pay rafa off
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Like i said it's not about Rafa,it's about the future of the club. There are plenty of people who don't want rafa as our manager,willing to buy a share in order to get G+H out of the club. Regarding the president. The voting will be democratic ,one share one vote. Now elections would be held every four years(yet to be agreed) for a president and a board. If fans aren't happy with the way the club is being run ,they can vote for another set of candidates. Like i say mate , if you don't agree ,then don't buy a share, but there are some who think it might work and they want to give it a go.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Like i said it's not about Rafa,it's about the future of the club. There are plenty of people who don't want rafa as our manager,willing to buy a share in order to get G+H out of the club. Regarding the president. The voting will be democratic ,one share one vote. Now elections would be held every four years(yet to be agreed) for a president and a board. If fans aren't happy with the way the club is being run ,they can vote for another set of candidates. Like i say mate , if you don't agree ,then don't buy a share, but there are some who think it might work and they want to give it a go.

and as i said it will be.

I wanna be the leader
I wanna be the leader
Can I be the leader?
Can I? I can?
Promise? Promise?
Yippee I'm the leader
I'm the leader

OK what shall we do?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:54 pm

heimdall wrote:
peewee wrote:remember it doesnt matter how much is collected, they can still refuse to sell.

such a waste of time and effort

great attitude peewee, well I've signed up to it, the full £5000 that is and I hope they get enough people. This is a great business model for a football club and as to how to finance extra things like the stadium it would be exactly how it is done now, with additional small loans if and when required, the difference being that the club itself wouldn't be indebted, in fact the club would have a massive wad of cash!! If they need more money then they could sell more shares, easy. I think its a superb business model and I can't see any reason why it couldn't work, in fact it DOES work in many clubs most notably Barcelona!!

BTW Great scheme to group together people who can't afford the full £5000 Ciggy  :bowdown

GOD LOVE US! Imagine Heimdall having a say in the running of the club! Hicks and Gillett please dont sell!! all is forgiven.....  :D
Pedro Maradona

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:07 pm

have the share liverpool fc group got their website up and running again??
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Like I said earlier, what do the detractors have to benefit from shooting other people's ideas down and calling them stupid and saying that it will never happen?  You have nothing to gain so why not just say nothing?  Obviously no one is forcing you to buy shares, and if it does start to pick up momentum which IS POSSIBLE, FFS Havant & Waterlooville were 2-1 up at Anfield, you would be surprised at what actually IS poissible.  If you say nothing you cannot be wrong, if you speak out against it you are only left with the status quo which almost everyone is against, AND if it does go through and you speak out against it then you have some serious egg on your face.

The Logistical problems are NOT THAT HARD, FFS the model or multiple models are ALREADY laid out from other clubs. Just do a bit of research and do not just close your ears and scream HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY MAKE CHOICES!?!?!?!?!?! ???? ??????  uhhhh an elected board would pick a chairman just like how every other company is run.  HOW could the club make money!?!?!?!?!?!? same way other clubs make money SALES and Selling stock.  A lot of these concepts are not too difficult and if you spend any amount of time actually thinking about solutions there are multiple ways to resolve them.
JoeTerp

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:33 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Like I said earlier, what do the detractors have to benefit from shooting other people's ideas down and calling them stupid and saying that it will never happen?  You have nothing to gain so why not just say nothing?  Obviously no one is forcing you to buy shares, and if it does start to pick up momentum which IS POSSIBLE, FFS Havant & Waterlooville were 2-1 up at Anfield, you would be surprised at what actually IS poissible.  If you say nothing you cannot be wrong, if you speak out against it you are only left with the status quo which almost everyone is against, AND if it does go through and you speak out against it then you have some serious egg on your face.

The Logistical problems are NOT THAT HARD, FFS the model or multiple models are ALREADY laid out from other clubs. Just do a bit of research and do not just close your ears and scream HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY MAKE CHOICES!?!?!?!?!?! ???? ??????  uhhhh an elected board would pick a chairman just like how every other company is run.  HOW could the club make money!?!?!?!?!?!? same way other clubs make money SALES and Selling stock.  A lot of these concepts are not too difficult and if you spend any amount of time actually thinking about solutions there are multiple ways to resolve them.

if it happens can you see them coming up with the next 500mil to run the team for the next two years???

it will be even more if we dont make it in the CL.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:34 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Like I said earlier, what do the detractors have to benefit from shooting other people's ideas down and calling them stupid and saying that it will never happen?  You have nothing to gain so why not just say nothing?  Obviously no one is forcing you to buy shares, and if it does start to pick up momentum which IS POSSIBLE, FFS Havant & Waterlooville were 2-1 up at Anfield, you would be surprised at what actually IS poissible.  If you say nothing you cannot be wrong, if you speak out against it you are only left with the status quo which almost everyone is against, AND if it does go through and you speak out against it then you have some serious egg on your face.

But no amount of shirt sales will offset the cost of a new stadium.

£300m (which is highly likely to increase) / 100,000 shareholders = £3000 each.

So what happens if, say, 1/3 of the initial 100,000 can't afford to pay up the extra money?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Pedro Maradona wrote:
heimdall wrote:
peewee wrote:remember it doesnt matter how much is collected, they can still refuse to sell.

such a waste of time and effort

great attitude peewee, well I've signed up to it, the full £5000 that is and I hope they get enough people. This is a great business model for a football club and as to how to finance extra things like the stadium it would be exactly how it is done now, with additional small loans if and when required, the difference being that the club itself wouldn't be indebted, in fact the club would have a massive wad of cash!! If they need more money then they could sell more shares, easy. I think its a superb business model and I can't see any reason why it couldn't work, in fact it DOES work in many clubs most notably Barcelona!!

BTW Great scheme to group together people who can't afford the full £5000 Ciggy  :bowdown

GOD LOVE US! Imagine Heimdall having a say in the running of the club! Hicks and Gillett please dont sell!! all is forgiven.....  :D

I'd soon whip the club into shape LOL  :D  :D

Seriously though I don't understand those on here like Peewee who ridicule this plan. It is a business model that works very well in many other top European clubs most notably Barcelona ffs!!!!

Why can it work for Barcelona and not for us??
heimdall

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

So what happens if, say, 1/3 of the initial 100,000 can't afford to pay up the extra money?

they will go to the bank and get a loan.........oh hold do then we will be where we are now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Ok but in that case how can we afford a new stadium anyway?? I'm confused by this. If 100,000 people own the club outright for £500 million then that must be better than 2 yanks who own about £100 million of the club with the rest already in loans. I don't understand the arguments against this.
We would simply loan less money at a cheaper rate than the yanks could as we will have tonnes more equity than they have.

If I'm missing something here then please enlighten me.

Basically the club will be run almost exactly like it is now except there will be an elected president and the club will be completely debt free, if they then decide to build a new stadium it will be much easier to get the money and crucially repay it.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion