NEWKIT's Liverpool Share Collective Scheme - Read all about it and sign up here !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:46 pm

I suggestd this is the orginal thread - glad you all read it :D - http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23656&start=40&hilit=new

I'm in -  :buttrock for those who think this makes us a laffing stock - let me tell ya even the Mancs are lookin at this, this is more doable then most think - we could be lead a new trend !!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:03 am

murphy0151 wrote:Reading this post just confirms how much of a laughing stock we are at the moment.

Come on lets face it if you seen that on dirty manc site you wouldnt be able to stop laughing for a week.

What a depressing way to look at it - our enemies might snigger, so let's not

This idea is a long shot, but let's show the world we wont
take this lying down. Dunkirk spirit and all that
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:10 am

Just a point...

Suppose the fans buy the club for the £500m being bandied about.

How would the stadium be financed? Another whip-round? So £500m suddenly takes a jump to £800m.

On the bright side, the chances are, if we do really well in the competitions we enter, the fans won't have to bankroll new signings, as turnover might just cover that and the wages, unless, of course, we want to spend more than £10m per transfer window. (Which, unless we do, means that our success on the pitch will be short lived to say the least.)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:40 am

JBG wrote:Where's Peewee's money when you need it? :D

in my bank mate and thats where it will stay, this whole 'fans buying the club' scheme is ridiculous and will never work, i think it was started simply to make a point, this is borne out by the fact that the website wasnt even paid for and was taken down
112-1077774096

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:11 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Just a point...

Suppose the fans buy the club for the £500m being bandied about.

How would the stadium be financed? Another whip-round? So £500m suddenly takes a jump to £800m.

On the bright side, the chances are, if we do really well in the competitions we enter, the fans won't have to bankroll new signings, as turnover might just cover that and the wages, unless, of course, we want to spend more than £10m per transfer window. (Which, unless we do, means that our success on the pitch will be short lived to say the least.)

there was a good bit on Five Live last night, the fans would need to come up with the 500mil plus 800mil to run the club till the new ground was ready to use, even this did not take into account if the new ground run over budget.

they also said why this is not the same as what H&G need to spend, the fans money would be used outright, G&H's money would be offset and they will not be pating to run the club upfront  (yep i did not understand that bit)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:47 am

It's all bollox this. Does anyone really think that this will happen, and does anyone think this will really work? People are living in cloud fecking cuckoo land.
I think it's all time that we let this die down and concentrate on one thing, supporting the team. The longer this drags on, the worse it is for everyone involved i.e. fans, players, manager, board and club infastucture.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:58 am

NiftyNeil wrote:It's all bollox this. Does anyone really think that this will happen, and does anyone think this will really work? People are living in cloud fecking cuckoo land.
I think it's all time that we let this die down and concentrate on one thing, supporting the team. The longer this drags on, the worse it is for everyone involved i.e. fans, players, manager, board and club infastucture.

:bowdown  :bowdown
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 am

From RAWK:

Some generous RAWKITE who wants to remain nameless contacted me via PM with the following
"I for example would be happy to match the first two hundred people to contribute 50 quid each, in other words, 10k for 10k.  I am sure there will be others here who would do similarly.  The 20k that you would get would be spread equally across the 200 contributing, so each person in the Collective would have 100 quid to their name and it would amount to 4 shares instead of 2.

Just a thought - it is a concept that works well for charities and if someone wanted to spread the concept outside RAWK because it makes more people feel involved I am sure it would rope in some extra people, including potentially celebrity fan types"

Please feel free to propagate this idea if you think it is worthwhile.

The person is happy that the general Idea of the concept remins the same, i.e one vote, so is generously giving away his hard earned cash for very little really.

I'd be interested to see what people already inn on the idea think about the offer and also urge other Rawkites to get this to above 200 people.

There are 105 people on the list maybe I should transfer our list to it what do you reckon guys?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 am

i reckon its all pie in the sky and is never going to happen
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:56 am

Could the MODS change the title to Liverpool share please.

Ive transfered the list to RAWK because we are not going to get high numbers here.

Those who have contacted me send a pm please for the email address of the organiser.

Cheers.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:03 pm

remember it doesnt matter how much is collected, they can still refuse to sell.

such a waste of time and effort
112-1077774096

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 pm

peewee wrote:remember it doesnt matter how much is collected, they can still refuse to sell.

great attitude peewee, well I've signed up to it, the full £5000 that is and I hope they get enough people. This is a great business model for a football club and as to how to finance extra things like the stadium it would be exactly how it is done now, with additional small loans if and when required, the difference being that the club itself wouldn't be indebted, in fact the club would have a massive wad of cash!! If they need more money then they could sell more shares, easy. I think its a superb business model and I can't see any reason why it couldn't work, in fact it DOES work in many clubs most notably Barcelona!!

BTW Great scheme to group together people who can't afford the full £5000 Ciggy  :bowdown
heimdall

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:24 pm

heimdall wrote:
peewee wrote:remember it doesnt matter how much is collected, they can still refuse to sell.

great attitude peewee, well I've signed up to it, the full £5000 that is and I hope they get enough people. This is a great business model for a football club and as to how to finance extra things like the stadium it would be exactly how it is done now, with additional small loans if and when required, the difference being that the club itself wouldn't be indebted, in fact the club would have a massive wad of cash!! If they need more money then they could sell more shares, easy. I think its a superb business model and I can't see any reason why it couldn't work, in fact it DOES work in many clubs most notably Barcelona!!

BTW Great scheme to group together people who can't afford the full £5000 Ciggy  :bowdown

Well in mate. :buttrock
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:25 pm

well i will give 10k if they sack rafa, how does that sound? why would i want to pay for a bad manager at the helm?
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:42 pm

heimdall wrote:I've signed up to it, the full £5000 that is and I hope they get enough people. This is a great business model for a football club and as to how to finance extra things like the stadium it would be exactly how it is done now, with additional small loans if and when required, the difference being that the club itself wouldn't be indebted, in fact the club would have a massive wad of cash!! If they need more money then they could sell more shares, easy. I think its a superb business model and I can't see any reason why it couldn't work, in fact it DOES work in many clubs most notably Barcelona!!

Nice one Heimdall you do have your uses afterall  :D

Only kiddin mate great stuff. :)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion