NEWKIT's Liverpool Share Collective Scheme - Read all about it and sign up here !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:59 pm

JBG wrote:Just suppose 500 million is raised after months of effort but G+H want 550 million?

then we're in for a game of Texas Hold'Em.

I reckon the momentum would be so great the Americans would know what's best for them and hightail it out of town. There's no way they could refuse to sell up in the teeth of a storm like that.

On the £50 a pop theme, we'd need 10 million fans at that rate - not 10,000. Try and find £200 each, say, and you're down to 2.5m fans. More feasible.
Last edited by Ade on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:12 pm

JBG wrote:Just suppose 500 million is raised after months of effort but G+H want 550 million?

we'll go out and get a loan   :eyebrow
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:15 pm

call me naive but if the fans buy the club what happens when the manager (whoever he may be) wants extra transfer funds

who does he go to in order to get it?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby takeactionnow » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:17 pm

the  president which the share holders elect same as barca
takeactionnow

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:Right first off most of us havent got 5 grand lying around to buy a share.
There is a similar topic on RAWK I thought we could do the same here even though RAWK is a lot bigger than this forum I thought Id just put the feelers out on what everyones opinion would be on getting our own NEWKIT share in LFC.

We need 100 people to put 50 pound each in, or 200 to put 25 pound each in.

The Liverpool share website have rightly pointed out that many ordinary working class fans might be disenfranchised during this opportunity and they rightly haven't ruled out groups of fans buying one share together, as long as they can elect a vote caster and decide on a way of deciding on how that vote is cast.

A 100 strong group,who elects the votecaster randomly, all having a 1% vote to decide how our vote is cast during election times, a clear, not absolute majority would then decide how the vote is cast. In the event of a tie, a randomly selected group member would have the casting vote.

Pretty simple.

All you need is a paypal account so there's a clear audit trail for the money, goodwill and the willingness to pay out £50.00,plus paypal fee's.

If you are defiantly willing to do this, PM me and I'll add your name to this post.

Remember, doing nothing is much much worse than not being able to do something 100% on your own.

1. Ciggy.
2. Bamaga Man.
3. Woollyback.
4. Dawson.
5. Sabre.
6. The Rock.
7. Connovar.
8. Redman in Wales.
9. Inglis 5.

Reading this post just confirms how much of a laughing stock we are at the moment.

Come on lets face it if you seen that on dirty manc site you wouldnt be able to stop laughing for a week.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:40 pm

I'd have no trouble parting with the coin. I'll just wait to see how much momentum this snowball gathers before getting involved.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:47 pm

So does this plan have a dateline, what happens if there is not enough funds?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Paypal would be laughing.
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I'd have no trouble parting with the coin. I'll just wait to see how much momentum this snowball gathers before getting involved.

Emerald could sell his paintings , it would raise more  :p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm in lynds , it looks like we will only get the 25 at £200 ,so count me in mate. :nod
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redbilly1960 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Right first off most of us havent got 5 grand lying around to buy a share.
There is a similar topic on RAWK I thought we could do the same here even though RAWK is a lot bigger than this forum I thought Id just put the feelers out on what everyones opinion would be on getting our own NEWKIT share in LFC.

The Liverpool share website have rightly pointed out that many ordinary working class fans might be disenfranchised during this opportunity and they rightly haven't ruled out groups of fans buying one share together, as long as they can elect a vote caster and decide on a way of deciding on how that vote is cast.

A 100 strong group,who elects the votecaster randomly, all having a 1% vote to decide how our vote is cast during election times, a clear, not absolute majority would then decide how the vote is cast. In the event of a tie, a randomly selected group member would have the casting vote.

Pretty simple.

All you need is a paypal account so there's a clear audit trail for the money, goodwill and the willingness to pay out £50.00,plus paypal fee's.

If you are defiantly willing to do this, PM me and I'll add your name to this post.

Remember, doing nothing is much much worse than not being able to do something 100% on your own.

1. Ciggy.
2. Bamaga Man.
3. Woollyback.
4. Dawson.
5. Sabre.
6. The Rock.
7. Connovar.
8. Redman in Wales.
9. Inglis 5.

Reading this post just confirms how much of a laughing stock we are at the moment.

Come on lets face it if you seen that on dirty manc site you wouldnt be able to stop laughing for a week.

I have to agree we are turning into the laughing stock of English Football.
For christs sake forget this nonsence it will never happen we as fans will never have a share in Liverpool Football Club. Figures of 350mill - 500mil are being banded about like its monopoly money. The likes of G&H dont give a toss for the fans its about $$$$$$$. The only way we will rid this club of the likes of them is if we get kicked out of the CL by Inter. Finish the Premiership out of the top 4 and we get drop kicked out of the FA cup. All of that means no $$$ next season so they **** off back over the pond hopefully sell up to DIC.
47 years a red and its breaking my heart to see the greatest team in the world go this way.
Whats next a jumble sale, Bingo, A Tombola  why not have a raffle.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:11 pm

At this point in time I don't really have the money, especially considering that I would have to work twice as hard for it, but once I get a job after I graduate I would think about making the investment.

I do not see why there are so many naysayers and negative people on here. It would only work as a self-fullfiling prophecy where your negative ideas feed others to make them think it isnt possible to make sure that it doesn't happen.  What is being talked about is not THAT crazy, FFS it is the norm in some countries, and it is even possible for a team to exist in this format in a league of all single owners (see the Green Bay Packers)  Certainly Liverpool have the fan base and enough wealthy people to accomplish the task of raising enough money to buy the club, it would just take a positive attitude and not a self-defeating one.
JoeTerp

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Redbilly1960 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:

Pretty simple.

1. Ciggy.
2. Bamaga Man.
3. Woollyback.
4. Dawson.
5. Sabre.
6. The Rock.
7. Connovar.
8. Redman in Wales.
9. Inglis 5.

I have to agree we are turning into the laughing stock of English Football.
For christs sake forget this nonsence it will never happen we as fans will never have a share in Liverpool Football Club. Figures of 350mill - 500mil are being banded about like its monopoly money. The likes of G&H dont give a toss for the fans its about $$$$$$$. The only way we will rid this club of the likes of them is if we get kicked out of the CL by Inter. Finish the Premiership out of the top 4 and we get drop kicked out of the FA cup. All of that means no $$$ next season so they **** off back over the pond hopefully sell up to DIC.
47 years a red and its breaking my heart to see the greatest team in the world go this way.
Whats next a jumble sale, Bingo, A Tombola  why not have a raffle.

It's easy gents , don't buy a share then . Nobody's forcing you .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I'd have no trouble parting with the coin. I'll just wait to see how much momentum this snowball gathers before getting involved.

Nobody is paying anything until we have the 100 LFC New Kit members confirmed! Isn't that right Ciggy?

If everybody had the 'wait and see' attitude we won't get anywhere.

I for one would love to pay out and buy 1 share myself but I can't afford it (as is the case probably with 99% of Liverpool fans), but together it IS possible...

Now is the time for action people!!!!

Walk on my friends!

:)
inglis5

Postby Red Macgregor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Don't waste your keyboard time! It won't get off the ground !!
Red Macgregor

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion