NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL - Build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:52 am

We lose because of their first goal. Pepe have made a "wrong decision" . We could at least get one point from this match.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby eds » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:53 am

2-1 against the farkin Barcodes.

:no 

What a miserable, pathetic, horrid display from our finishers. They cost us the game and have most likely cost us 2nd and 3rd place in the EPL (for this game alone)!

Rafa sort this s/h-it out now!

Zenden is a walking liability. He contributes nothing, absoulately nothing, it is unfathomable that he is STILL at Liverpool. How? How? How? I farkin hate you BOLO, AHHHHHHHHH!

Rafa DO NOT play him ever again, let him rot in the reserves and then sell him.

Riise. We have all loved your fantastic goals in the past, but I'm sorry my ginger haired cretin, it is time to leave! You have added nothing down that wing this season and can't defend if your life depended on it.

Rafa, we need a quality left back ASAP!

How the fark did we lose this game? I am soooooooo angry!

:veryangry 
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:56 am

Welcome to the club, I'm the club president.

Today was the first time we lost a game after we took the lead under Rafa in the Premiership. :angry: :angry:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:57 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:We lose because of their first goal. Pepe have made a "wrong decision" . We could at least get one point from this match.

You're full of :censored:. We lost because we couldn't put away our chances. That ''easy'' goal wouldn't had mattered if our players took their chances.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:00 am

i was mad a few hours ago but ive calmed down now, try anger management.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby destro » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:05 am

I think we can all forget about Villa joining us the buyout on his contract is 100 million ( at least thats what Chelsea were told ) and if anything hes got better since then.

Despite the new spending budget Rafa will have hes not the sort of manager to blow silly money on one player regardless of how good he is !

Im pretty sure its been mentioned that  its roughly the same situation with Alves to ( although ive not really looked into it ) so thats two players we are pining our hopes on of joining next season that arent really realistic.

After watching the poor finishing displayed today its clear that we desperately need at least a new striker, any ideas other than Villa ?
destro

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:16 am

My brother got back from St James Park about an hour or so back.  He's bladdered.  He said that his coach dropped him off in some random pub in Newcastle right, cos they don't want away fans in the city centre or whatever...

Anyway, dead small pub and it was rammed...  Apparently, a new chant was born in there today.

To the tune of Go West by Village People and Pet Shop Boys:

"Gillett, the best a man can get!!!! (repeat until fade)"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:31 am

Boxing Day at Blackburn all over again.  Had we buried the game in the first half like we should have I'm sure the Barcodes' heads would have dropped and we'd have the 3 points.

Bellamy was simultaneously the best player and worst player on the pitch today.  Got into feckin' fantastic positions and then failed to finish the chances off.  Kuyt looks a bit jaded at the moment and this jolly in Portugal might be just what he needs.

Our left side let us down today.  Bolo is never a wide man and he's clearly no finisher.  Utter liability out there and not who you want in the centre of the park...get rid.  As for Riise, well what can you say except he's making it easier to consider shipping him come summer.  I've always liked Riise's heart and work ethic--not to mention the odd goal--but, feck me, he seems determined to redefine mediocrity at LB.

Sissoko well off the pace today, chasing shadows in addition to being poor with his distribution.  I know he needed to play today but, on this performance, Stevie can expect to retain his CM birth after Xabi's return.

Finally, I too am puzzled by the lateness of Rafa's changes and the options he went for.  Blooding Arbeloa at 2-1 down away seems very odd.  And why give Crouch only 10 minutes?  Was he really that knackered from a midweek friendly?  With a water-logged pitch, a team running out of ideas and opponents who lack defensive nous at the best of times, would Route 1 to Crouch really have been such a poor strategy for the last 20 minutes?

And, could someone please tell me what the hell has happened to Mark Gonzalez? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:34 am

Bad Bob wrote:Boxing Day at Blackburn all over again.  Had we buried the game in the first half like we should have I'm sure the Barcodes' heads would have dropped and we'd have the 3 points.

Bellamy was simultaneously the best player and worst player on the pitch today.  Got into feckin' fantastic positions and then failed to finish the chances off.  Kuyt looks a bit jaded at the moment and this jolly in Portugal might be just what he needs.

Our left side let us down today.  Bolo is never a wide man and he's clearly no finisher.  Utter liability out there and not who you want in the centre of the park...get rid.  As for Riise, well what can you say except he's making it easier to consider shipping him come summer.  I've always liked Riise's heart and work ethic--not to mention the odd goal--but, feck me, he seems determined to redefine mediocrity at LB.

Sissoko well off the pace today, chasing shadows in addition to being poor with his distribution.  I know he needed to play today but, on this performance, Stevie can expect to retain his CM birth after Xabi's return.

Finally, I too am puzzled by the lateness of Rafa's changes and the options he went for.  Blooding Arbeloa at 2-1 down away seems very odd.  And why give Crouch only 10 minutes?  Was he really that knackered from a midweek friendly?  With a water-logged pitch, a team running out of ideas and opponents who lack defensive nous at the best of times, would Route 1 to Crouch really have been such a poor strategy for the last 20 minutes?

And, could someone please tell me what the hell has happened to Mark Gonzalez? ???

Gonzalez came from Chile on Friday and Benitez didn't want to use him as he was too knackered from the trip
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:36 am

A.B. wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Boxing Day at Blackburn all over again.  Had we buried the game in the first half like we should have I'm sure the Barcodes' heads would have dropped and we'd have the 3 points.

Gonzalez came from Chile on Friday and Benitez didn't want to use him as he was too knackered from the trip

Of course!  Could have used him today, quagmire pitch or not.  How much do I not love international friendlies during the season!  :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:37 am

Bad Bob wrote:
A.B. wrote:

Of course!  Could have used him today, quagmire pitch or not.  How much do I not love international friendlies during the season!  :no

It had to happen didn't it, you just know that :censored: goes wrong when there's an international break. I f#cking hate international matches.

Argh I'm so :censored: today.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Robbie Fowler 2007 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:44 am

Bad result, I mean a draw V Everton, now this.

No wonder Man Utd are gonna stroll the league. We dont have the quality to put then under pressure.

Giving away cheap points? doesnt seem good.

1st post by the way.
Robbie Fowler 2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:27 am

Disappointing result.

Very poor. Hopefully they can pick themselves up for the next match.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby node226 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:50 am

Hi all, 1st post here... unfortunately coinciding with a bad loss to barcodes. Its a game we should've sealed up 4-1 by half time! Bellamy worked his socks off and was great off the ball, getting into scoring positions, but most came to nought thanks to some dismal finishing. Kuyt was largely anonymous. Its another all too familiar game with many attempts but little returns.

The permutation of kuyt, bellamy and crouch (given the limited resources we had to acquire players) is a vast improvement from the baros, cisse and occasional pongo, mellor combination. But my question is, is the strike force good enough to challenge the top two? Think henry, even drogba, or rooney (had a barren spell earlier but coming good) - providing persistent discomfort for opponents and putting chances away. We need a solution up front, and soon! Torres or Villa pls.. :)
node226

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:00 am

*Sniff...

Sniff, sniff.....

I smell Hustler. :;):
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion