NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL - BUILD UP HERE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:24 pm

Hypia if fit and a starting front two of Fowler/Cisse .........please Rafa .   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedRoots » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:50 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I know there is a question mark over the likes of Garcia, Traore, Morientes and (possibly but not as much at the others; Agger) but I was happy with the way they played last night. Not delighted as we could play much better.

I thought Hamman was immense last night - Tackling back but also spraying passes about.
I thought Traore had a good solid game and did well from an attacking sense also
Garcia had his best game for a while
Agger did well but think if Hyppia is fit he will be replaced - Threat of Shearer and Ameobi in the air!

I would go with same team with possibly one change - Hyppia for Agger.

I thought Traore was his usual self mate, a liability, he gets caught out of position (and by about 15 yards) far too often.
He did try and get forward and put in a couple of half decent crosses but he still puts far too much pressure on the left sided centre half.
It is no coincidence that the Fulham goal last night was a ball played in between Agger and Traore.
The sooner Riise is fit the better tbh, i would try something a bit different that most might not agree with.

Reina

Kromkamp     Carragher    Agger    Finnan

Gerrard          Alonso    Hamann      Kewell

Fowler    Cisse

I would prefer sami in for agger but think its best not to rush him.
Imo Newcastle have a decent set of midfielders with Parker Emre N'Zogbia and Solano, so i would leave Luis out of this one and have Alonso and Hamann in the centre with Stevie on the right.

You'd have Finnan playing left-full.... why? he's most effective on the right just look at the amount of assists he has from there. It's too late in the season to start experimenting now.
RedRoots

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:35 pm

Fulham was just what we needed, a few members have been saying that they predict a bit of a goal glut for a few months now and i guess came at a strange time. We need to build on it desperately now and hopefully the lads will have gained confidence from the fulham game. If we beat newcastle id feel verry confident we can go on a good run from now untill the end of the season. The midfield wasnt fantastic last night so i hope that the return of alonso will bring a bit more stability and sharpness to the centre. If  that happens then im confidet we will control the game and win it.

Fowler has to start, if he follows up yesterdays performance with another of similar standards i think there is every chance he will score. It will also take the pressure off him and i could see him having a realy good finish to the season.
columbia

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:41 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I know there is a question mark over the likes of Garcia, Traore, Morientes and (possibly but not as much at the others; Agger) but I was happy with the way they played last night. Not delighted as we could play much better.

I thought Hamman was immense last night - Tackling back but also spraying passes about.
I thought Traore had a good solid game and did well from an attacking sense also
Agger did well but think if Hyppia is fit he will be replaced - Threat of Shearer and Ameobi in the air!

um..... i partly disagree with traore being solid last night! he was exposed many times, and he made too many mistakes. He did make some decent runs and crosses to the box, but defencivly he was a nightmare!

Garcia played really well, unlucky not to score.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Definetly hard game most probably the hardest we have left

Reina
finnan
carragher
hyypia/agger
warnock

gerrard
hamman
alonso
kewell

crouch
cisse/ fowler

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:02 pm

RedRoots wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

I thought Traore was his usual self mate, a liability, he gets caught out of position (and by about 15 yards) far too often.
He did try and get forward and put in a couple of half decent crosses but he still puts far too much pressure on the left sided centre half.
It is no coincidence that the Fulham goal last night was a ball played in between Agger and Traore.
The sooner Riise is fit the better tbh, i would try something a bit different that most might not agree with.

Reina

Kromkamp     Carragher    Agger    Finnan

Gerrard          Alonso    Hamann      Kewell

Fowler    Cisse

I would prefer sami in for agger but think its best not to rush him.
Imo Newcastle have a decent set of midfielders with Parker Emre N'Zogbia and Solano, so i would leave Luis out of this one and have Alonso and Hamann in the centre with Stevie on the right.

You'd have Finnan playing left-full.... why? he's most effective on the right just look at the amount of assists he has from there. It's too late in the season to start experimenting now.

I would rather keep Finnan at right back but with Riise injured and Warnock looking a bit unsteady, added to the fact that the left back probably will be facing Solano, then Finnan being a good reliable defender and also decent with both feet would play there if i was picking the team.
Kromkamp would be steady enough at RB, Traore at LB against an attacking Newcastle side gives me nightmares.
Just my personal opinion.
If Riise was fit i would have him in and Finnan in his usual Rb position.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:17 pm

,,,                       The monk

Finnan   Carra       Agadoo      Traore (put in nice crosses v Fham

Garcia     Gerrard    Alonso If allowed     Kewell

Fowler

Cisse
kopite

Postby GerrardisKing » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:06 am

I would really go for this 1 newcastle are dodgy at the back if we get it right we could hammer them.
Would like to see fowler and cisse start upfront,need to put a decent run together now until the end of the season,finish on a high.

YNWA
GerrardisKing

Postby RAGE UK » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:52 am

I would leave the team as it started with the Fulham match.
We should get a similar result.

............................................> RAGE UK <............................................................
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:48 am

Newcastle will no doubt be a tougher proposition than Fulham and although confident of a good win, I think its highly unlikely that we'll get more than two against the barcodes.

Although they have a reputation for a distinctly shaky defense, Newcastle have conceded only 32 goals in the league so far - Only Us, Chelski, Man U, Arsenal, Bolton and Spurs have conceded less! Fortunately, their goals for stats is far less impressive, with only 29 scored to date. That puts them above only West Brom, Everton, Brum, Pompey and Sunderland.

Newcastle's home record is not bad with 7 wins 5 draws and 2 losses from their 14 games ranking them 10th for home performance. They do struggle a little for posession though averaging just 49.8% against our figure of 55.7%.

All this suggests that it will be a low scoring game but coming of the back of a goal feast as we are, I'm tipping our lads to get at least one and possibly two while keeping a clean sheet.

Morientes and Fowler to start with Crouch on for Nando at the start of the second half and Cisse on for Fowler at 60mins.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:10 am

Traore makes baby jesus cry. For the love of god please play someone else.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:09 am

If Sami Sami is fit, I'd play the following lineup:

Reina
   Finnan                    JC                Sami                 Agger

Hamann             
                                               Alonso
  Gerrard                                                                  Kewell
                                Cisse
                                         Fowler

Alonso was only banned for one match, and according to some Brondby fan who came on here, Agger has played at LB on numerous occasions.

He's GOT to be better than Madame Traore!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:11 am

TheoRacle wrote:Newcastle will no doubt be a tougher proposition than Fulham and although confident of a good win, I think its highly unlikely that we'll get more than two against the barcodes.

Although they have a reputation for a distinctly shaky defense, Newcastle have conceded only 32 goals in the league so far - Only Us, Chelski, Man U, Arsenal, Bolton and Spurs have conceded less! Fortunately, their goals for stats is far less impressive, with only 29 scored to date. That puts them above only West Brom, Everton, Brum, Pompey and Sunderland.

Newcastle's home record is not bad with 7 wins 5 draws and 2 losses from their 14 games ranking them 10th for home performance. They do struggle a little for posession though averaging just 49.8% against our figure of 55.7%.

All this suggests that it will be a low scoring game but coming of the back of a goal feast as we are, I'm tipping our lads to get at least one and possibly two while keeping a clean sheet.

Morientes and Fowler to start with Crouch on for Nando at the start of the second half and Cisse on for Fowler at 60mins.

Any chance of posting a table or chart showing the home and away form of each team mate?

I bet we're second only to Sh*tski at home?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:12 am

FWIW, the ref for the game is Mike Reilly...

From Newcastle-Online.com

Mike is one of our most senior officials, so has taken charge of a total of 37 top level matches this season. 23 of these were in the Premiership, 4 in the FA Cup and 1 in the League Cup. He has been dispatched to the lower echelons of English football just twice this season, and has been on 7 continental journies. Across these games he has awarded an astonishing 10 penalties and shown 12 red cards, and 125 yellows. Incidentally around 60% of the yellows and two thirds have been to the away side, while 7 of the penalties have been to the home team. This includes 2 to Arsenal when they met Manchester City in October (the infamous Pires penalty being the second), and 1 penalty apiece in 2 games, Chelsea vs Blackburn and Middlesbrough vs Nuneaton.

His 23 Premiership games have resulted in 13 home wins and 4 draws, with just 6 away wins, with a goal ratio of 34-24 in favour of the home teams. Mike warmed up for our game with Sevilla vs Lille in the UEFA Cup on Wednesday night, showing just the 5 yellow cards and a red apiece.

Games 37 - Home Wins 16 / Away Wins  9 / Draws 8  Home Goals 63 - Away Goals 38
Yellow Cards - Home 49 Away 76 - Red Cards  Home 4 Away 8 - Penalties  Home 7 Away 3
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:56 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Any chance of posting a table or chart showing the home and away form of each team mate?

I bet we're second only to Sh*tski at home?

...................Games...Won...Drawn.Lost...For...Against..GD....Rank
Liverpool
Home Record.....16......12......3.......1.......25......6.......19......2
Away Record......14......5.......4.......5.......14......14......0.......4
Overall Record....30......17......7.......6.......39......20......19......3

Newcastle
Home Record.....14......7.......5.......2.......17......10......7.......10
Away Record......15......4.......1.......10......12......22......-10.....14
Overall Record....29......11......6.......12......29......32......-3......12

and for the record...
Chelsea
Home Record.....15......14......1.......0.......35......8.......27......1
Away Record......14......10......2.......2.......23......10......13......1
Overall Record....29......24......3.......2.......58......18......40......1

Man Utd and Wigan have the 2nd and 3rd best away records in case anyone was wondering....

TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion