NEW STADIUM GETS GREEN LIGHT

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:11 am

Yes but thats to do with Corporate Governance of a none listed company. Which has bugger all to do with the reporting required for a listed company. For example, i believe LFC are under no obligation to inform the  general public the status of potential investment, but they do need to inform their stakeholders (investors etc).

Edit: numpty is jumping on people's backs? righto, sorry Bav.  :)
Last edited by babu on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 am

babu wrote:Yes but thats to do with Corporate Governance of a none listed company. Which has bugger all to do with the reporting required for a listed company. For example, i believe LFC are under no obligation to inform the  general public the status of potential investment, but they do need to inform their stakeholders (investors etc).

So why then did Parry come out in public and say it then ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:15 am

bavlondon wrote:
babu wrote:Yes but thats to do with Corporate Governance of a none listed company. Which has bugger all to do with the reporting required for a listed company. For example, i believe LFC are under no obligation to inform the  general public the status of potential investment, but they do need to inform their stakeholders (investors etc).

Good question, i have no idea. Perhaps its a good strategy. But all this stemmed from my original question, which was: what has any of this got to do with the stock market?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:18 am

babu wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Good question, i have no idea. Perhaps its a good strategy. But all this stemmed from my original question, which was: what has any of this got to do with the stock market?

I was trying to make the point what tommycockels pointed out and must have just thought Stockmarket.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:18 am

bavlondon wrote:

Haha- Corporate Governance!!! jesus - this is a footie site! Bav was making a comment regarding Liverpool FC having to make a statement due to the fact that Rick Parry had come out and said so- if you want an arguement take it to Parry!!
You Numpty!!!  :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:33 am

fair enough. :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:13 am

Whatever the rules and regulations, if any investment is in place, both the club and potential investors will not want this announced right now.

It could easily cost you £4m - £5m across three or four players, both in terms of transfer payments and wage negotiations if people know your hand.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:45 am

Just a few facts with regards to the new stadium, in comparison to say Arsenal, who are moving to a new 60,000 seater stadium this coming season:

1. Arsenals stadium cost £220m to build. The other £130m relates to relevant infrastructure works and the waste recycling depo.

2. The original cost of our stadium plan was £120m (including infrastructure works). The last cost I saw, given in a council document, was £104m for the stadium and £165m for the full project. that was from september 2005. At least £61m of the project cost is in regeneration work, of which around £20m to £30m will be covered by grants.

3. Arsenal did not get £100m for stadium naming rights. They got £45m for 15 years of naming rights and £55m for 8 years shirt sponsorship.

Also an insight as to what it will cost and how much could potentially be earned.

Assuming the club have to take out a £190m loan (for simplicity). Annual repayments at 8% interest over 25 years (that is the worst it is likely to be) would be £17.8m. The potential increase in revenues would be (for league matches only) £22m+ if full capacity. Add in potential extra from cup games and it can be seen how it is going to be self financing. By getting investment in it can reduce the interest and debt burden on the club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:02 pm

Ireland used to always go way over budget on infrastructure until the last few years (when public fury forced the government to change)when the projects are all fixed price so now the developers either come in on time and on budget or they suffer the extra cost (if they are efficent then they make extra profit and fair play to them)

LFC should get the costs locked in.If they don't there'll be an extra 20% at least.

Either way, LFC should be subject to the huge financial uncertainty.

How many do you think will come to watch Portsmouth on a rainey November night?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:01 am

I really hope the future stadium has a creative design.  Not one of those standard oval run of the mill Sunderland, Boro, Hampden, type stadiums.  Arsenal's new ground is awesome.  Looks really impressive!!!
kobashi

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:30 am

kobashi wrote:I really hope the future stadium has a creative design.  Not one of those standard oval run of the mill Sunderland, Boro, Hampden, type stadiums.  Arsenal's new ground is awesome.  Looks really impressive!!!

Have you not seen the initial design for Stanley park? It looks pretty awesome to me. .

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:16 am

bavlondon wrote:
kobashi wrote:I really hope the future stadium has a creative design.  Not one of those standard oval run of the mill Sunderland, Boro, Hampden, type stadiums.  Arsenal's new ground is awesome.  Looks really impressive!!!

Have you not seen the initial design for Stanley park? It looks pretty awesome to me. .

Found some old articles and yeah that design looks ok. Not as nice as the Gunners new stadium though
puroresu

Postby Raiden Warr » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:22 am

just out of interest does anyone know what capacity the new stadium will be?
Raiden Warr

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:33 am

Raiden Warr wrote:just out of interest does anyone know what capacity the new stadium will be?

Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raiden Warr » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:37 pm

Sounds good I don't think we would struggle to fill a 60 000 seater stadium. I could actually attend a game without jumping through hoops everytime I want a ticket. And on the financing the stadium could'nt LFC raise money by selling shares to the fans e.g. selling shares to people with a fan card or some other vetting procedure to ensure they are fans and not some big company trying to get a takeover. I reckon it would raise money and continue the traddition that Liverpool stands for at the same time. Or has it been tried before and failed?
Raiden Warr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion