NEW STADIUM GETS GREEN LIGHT

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:16 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
john craig wrote:First thing's first, a new stadium would really help us out financially and as has been said we can't afford to lose out on the revenue that the scum, Newcastle and now Arsenal are generating every week.  It can't go on forever or we'll find ourselves in the sh.it.

Secondly though, Ciggy's right, now is the worst possible time to announce new investors, even if we do have them lined up.  We can't do it before Benitez has finished signing players or the prices will be ridiculously inflated.

Firstly, Liverpool FC wouldn't fill a 60,000 seater stadium every week. We don't even fill anfield every week, those that think we would are deluded. Also, the ticket prices as they are now, are expensive. If we move i've no doubt they will rise even further. It costs around 60-70 quid AT LEAST to go to any particular match if you buy a ticket including travel and ale.

The other point is Anfield is home. Its legendary and the atmosphere is immense on european nights, its the best ground in the country by an absoloute mile. Its not round "modern" but its no woodison either. Its a classic English football ground with a fantastic look and feel.

:bowdown

I think your missing the point....revenue.

When Anfield isn't sold out its neer empty. Last season it never dropped below 43,000. Also there is a waiting list for season tickets so their obviously is demand for seats. Regarding prices Liverpool are one of the less expensive clubs to see. Try going to London to watch a match.

The stadium needs to go ahead to secure our finances for the future, I can't see any reason to abort the project

exactly....with a new ground, we'll make a LOT more money.  Sort it out parry!  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:34 pm

we need the money - i still cant believe we do not have the financial advantage over newcastle, at least =/
onizukaeikichi

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:44 pm

I think we taking 2m less than Manchester United on a matchday (according to some research group at the University of Liverpool), so that is the gap we need to bridge.  For all the plus points about staying at Anfield, I still think that we need to move, and it is true, we would never fill it everyweek unless we were competing for honours and winning trophies.  Apart from Champions League matchs, the big ones in the league and prehaps cup games in the later stages we would struggle to fil it, I remember playing Pompey last season (Josemi's mistake and the goal that led to it) there was only about 37,000 there.

The time has come for us to move and for the club to start competing with the big boys again financially.  It comes to something when Newcastle are flush with money and we aren't.  The stadium would be a start, but remember that the board are not completely incompetent, they haven't led us down the road of doing a Leeds or left us at the mercy of a Russian thief, but we need new investment, and I trust them to look after the club's long term prospects instead of favouring a short-term fixes.  We need to do something shortly otherwise the gap will become too great.
Mark 23

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Good Bob wrote:
john craig wrote:First thing's first, a new stadium would really help us out financially and as has been said we can't afford to lose out on the revenue that the scum, Newcastle and now Arsenal are generating every week.  It can't go on forever or we'll find ourselves in the sh.it.

Secondly though, Ciggy's right, now is the worst possible time to announce new investors, even if we do have them lined up.  We can't do it before Benitez has finished signing players or the prices will be ridiculously inflated.

Firstly, Liverpool FC wouldn't fill a 60,000 seater stadium every week. We don't even fill anfield every week, those that think we would are deluded. Also, the ticket prices as they are now, are expensive. If we move i've no doubt they will rise even further. It costs around 60-70 quid AT LEAST to go to any particular match if you buy a ticket including travel and ale.

The other point is Anfield is home. Its legendary and the atmosphere is immense on european nights, its the best ground in the country by an absoloute mile. Its not round "modern" but its no woodison either. Its a classic English football ground with a fantastic look and feel.

:bowdown

I agree with the sentiments of Good Bobs post, and disagree with him that we wont be able to fill a new 60,000 seater stadium. We probably wont fill it week in week out but I can only see us dropping a maximum of 5,000 on matchday against someone like Boro.

Its better to have more than not enough IMO and we're already playing catch-up to the likes of Chelsea and ManUre on a finacial basis. The club has to keep in touch with the likes of them and if that means a new stadium to help do that, well I'm all for it. As there isnt much else we can do to help bridge the gap to. Theres no way I'd want an Abramovich type person in control of the club, as it stands the clubs in good hands with a view to move. Finacially thats all we can do.
Bman

Postby Smeg » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Good, never ever ever ever should we leave Anfield. If it means closing parts of the ground to re design, then so be it....
Smeg

Postby robbo1982 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:52 pm

the stadium is just one in a long line of :censored: UPS rick parry must go:blues:
Robbo1882
robbo1982

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:41 pm

Smeg wrote:Good, never ever ever ever should we leave Anfield. If it means closing parts of the ground to re design, then so be it....

Get a grip you dickhead, they have been trying to do extend Anfield for ages, but it has become impossible to improve it anymore.
Mark 23

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:03 am

Hello new poster here.

I think Rick Parry has to take some flack to be honest. and Mr David Moores the chairman also.

We have had planning permission for over 12 months, but not a brick has been laid, or foundations prepared.

Steve Morgan was bending over backwards to hand over 70m or more. But Rick Parry keeps referrring to these "conditions" that have to be met for potential investors. Basically David Moores does't want to relinquish control easily, and this is costing the club it's future.

It's a case of out with the old wood and in with the new.

you have to bear in mind that Arsenal are moving into their nice new stadium right now.

LFC have not laid a brick!

Also very true, was the fact that LFC do not fill anfield every week, that is fact. 60,000 stadium will be half empty for fulham, pompey and lesser games etc.

if it goes pear shaped on the 27th of July, then Rick Parry should step down.

What he is doing now, is to buy our players over 5 years. that indicates a lack of cash.

strawberry fields forever  :love:
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:04 am

Hello new poster here.

I think Rick Parry has to take some flack to be honest. and Mr David Moores the chairman also.

We have had planning permission for over 12 months, but not a brick has been laid, or foundations prepared.

Steve Morgan was bending over backwards to hand over 70m or more. But Rick Parry keeps referrring to these "conditions" that have to be met for potential investors. Basically David Moores does't want to relinquish control easily, and this is costing the club it's future.

It's a case of out with the old wood and in with the new.

you have to bear in mind that Arsenal are moving into their nice new stadium right now.

LFC have not even laid a brick!

Also very true, was the fact that LFC do not fill anfield every week, that is fact. 60,000 stadium will be half empty for fulham, pompey and lesser games etc.

if it goes pear shaped on the 27th of July, then Rick Parry should step down.

What he is doing now, is to buy our players over 5 years. that indicates a lack of cash.

strawberry fields forever  :love:
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby Raiden Warr » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 am

Good Bob wrote:

:bowdown [/quote][/quote]
Excuse me???!!!! I beg to differ. There are many people especiall the despised out of towners of which I am one who would willingly make the trip every weekend to watch the game but getting a ticket for a Liverpool game is like gold dust. I have seen LFC tickets advertised for as much as 400-1000 pounds on so called reputable sites and they are not even big games. I know people who have actually paid that kind of money. You might think they are crazy I think they are desperate. What you forget is LFC are not just an English club anymore they are a worldwide club of reknown with many admirers, Many of whom have not even been to the UK never mind Liverpool. It is now extremely difficult to see a game at Anfield unless you are literally one of the privileged few. In fact I reckon if LFC were to build an 80,000 seater stadium tomorrow there would still be people griping about not being able to get tickets.
Also if we want to compete with the likes of Man Utd, Newcastle Barcelona (90 000+) Real Madrid, AC Milan/Inter Milan etc we need a bigger stadium. As for the Atmosphere, LFC fans are the best in the world it would'nt matter what type of stadium was built we'd still make our presence felt.
Raiden Warr

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 am

I think both moores/parry should resign if this new stadium fiasco goes " :censored: over t1t" they are holding this club back they cant even provide rafa with the funds needed to compete with the best so he can bring top quality players here? we had the same problem last season.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:46 am

every time the question is asked.."why dont we have enough funds to give Rafa the best possible chance of winning the title by signing top draw quality"  the answer inevitably involves the excuse that the new stadium is swallowing up most of the available capital at the moment, and so, until a nice man comes along and slaps a blank chequebook on the table we wont be going anywhere fast 'sonny Jim'...

well tell me where that argument has any merit when there hasn't been a shovel used in anger to this day. nor is there a queue forming to be investing in its creation  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

wtf
Last edited by red37 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

???
Last edited by red37 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:47 am

!!
Last edited by red37 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion