New stadium - A couple of questions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:15 pm

Fancy a laugh? You couldn't make this sh#t up. :laugh:

Everton ready for ground move

by Phil McNulty - BBC Sport 05 December 2006

Liverpool's proposed takeover by Dubai International Capital will change the face of football on Merseyside.

And not just for those who have made Anfield their footballing home.

A key component of the plan by the Dubai government's investment arm, is that they will fund Liverpool's new £200m stadium in Stanley Park, just yards from The Kop.

You can expect this to lead to Everton confirming they are leaving Goodison Park and moving to a new stadium of their own.

Everton have not been governed by Liverpool's decision - far from it. They have been working behind the scenes making plans of their own.

They have been in talks with Knowsley Council about developing a new 55,000-seater stadium at nearby Kirkby.

Supermarket giant Tesco are also involved in the ambitious scheme - with chief executive Sir Terry Leahy a fanatical Everton fan and an advisor to the club's board.

Knowsley's council is desperate to attract Everton to what is expected to be a lavish £250m development - handing over land reportedly worth around £50m.

The sub-plot to Liverpool selling out to Dubai and receiving the cash for Stanley Park is that it closes off one of the three options Everton had considered.

They could share with Liverpool, redevelop Goodison, or move.

Dubai's takeover ends the share option - to which Liverpool had adopted an "over our dead body" approach.

Everton insiders have long regarded the re-development of the ageing Goodison Park as a non-starter, land-locked and surrounded by terraced housing.

And anyone who has watched one of the grand old stadiums become sadly dated in recent years can only agree with that view.

The romantics may say otherwise but they are living in a dream world.

So Everton are left with the move.

It has long been the favoured option, but previous attempts have run aground.

Now represents the most likely time and best opportunity for Everton to make their move.

And Everton fans should prepare themselves for an initial annoucement shortly that will bring the prospect even closer, perhaps even before the end of the year.

Chairman and owner Bill Kenwright can also move forward with a united boardroom after the recent departure of adversary Paul Gregg, who sold his 23% stake in the club to Planet Hollywood founder Robert Earl.

All the noises coming out of Everton suggest the Kirkby deal offers a fantastic opportunity, both from a financial and football perspective.

The involvement of the council and Tesco reduces the financial burden - and finally gives Everton the opportunity to cash in fully on their potential.

The only murmurs have come from traditionalist fans unhappy that Everton may end in a home outside the city boundaries - surely a minor consideration in the grand scheme.

Kirkby is barely outside Liverpool, but in situations such as this some doom and gloom merchants who follow the club would complain even if Everton announced they were building a golden footballing palace slap in the city centre.

The vast majority of Everton fans are likely to embrace the scheme with open arms, especially when they see their neighbours and rivals on the move to new premises as well.

Liverpool City Council is keen to keep Everton within its boundaries, but their interest looks to have come too late.

Everton have somehow missed out on the new investment in the Premiership - despite owner Kenwright claiming he is constantly searching.

This leaves a ground move as their best bet. Put your money on Everton moving to Kirkby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A17932214?s_fromedit=1
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:04 pm

stmichael wrote:Fancy a laugh? You couldn't make this sh#t up. :laugh:

Everton ready for ground move

by Phil McNulty - BBC Sport 05 December 2006

Liverpool's proposed takeover by Dubai International Capital will change the face of football on Merseyside.

And not just for those who have made Anfield their footballing home.....

............Everton have somehow missed out on the new investment in the Premiership - despite owner Kenwright claiming he is constantly searching.

This leaves a ground move as their best bet. Put your money on Everton moving to Kirkby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A17932214?s_fromedit=1

:laugh: so when they're 3-0 down at half time they can all feck off and go shopping instead :laugh:

quote "and finally give everton the opportunity to cash in on their full potential"   :laugh:  :laugh:  i'm cryin :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Will the Arabs continue with Carlsberg as a sponsor?

I would be glad if Liverpool made tops avaliable without the Sponsor.  Rangers sell tops for there Muslim fans without Carling on them and and would be great if Liverpool did that.

Why ?

Thats football.

If you dont like it then dont follow it.

Does my head in all this.

You cant even have a St Georges flag i nyer garden incase you :censored: a paki off !!

What  is your problem.  I wasnt saying Liverpool must get rid of Carlsberg.  Like you said If I dont like it, dont buy it which I choose to not to do.

I just brought up the idea of LFC selling shirts with and without the sponsor so the fans who dont buy shirts with carlsberg over it will buy the shirt.

It isnt beyond the realms of possibility that a player will be signed who doesnt want to wear a shirt which promotes something against his beliefs.  What u going to say to him?  " :censored: off".  Sissoko could say it.   Kanoute said it at seville and they got him a shirt without 888.com on it.  Is this wrong?   Not at all.

What all this has to do with your flag story I have no  idea.

I see that thing call Racism still is ok to you.

Jump on the fu.cking racism badwagon why dont you ?

How is it remotely racist that a football club continues to do something it has done for ever and a day.

the word paki is racist.
puroresu

Postby RedBlood » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:15 pm

its not racist its just quicker to say lool
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:19 pm

CUPWinner wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:The EL ALI SAMMI ANNIE STADIUM has a nice ring to it don't yer think ?

Very welcoming for our new soon to be Islamic owners :D  ???

Galatasaray has just rejected an offer from U.A.E. just for the possibility of Islamic dictation. And for your information, the club is struggling with a huge debt account arround $200M. This is the thing that makes us big; traditional principles. I think LFC is not different and whoever the owner is, it won' t change!.. At least I hope so..

It' s wrong what you think. Turkiye is a strict secular republican country. Don' t get disillusioned by comparing us to Arabs. :no

Ali Sami Yen is not an Islamic name, it' s just one of regular ones and he is Galatasaray' s founder. Please pay some more attention for respect to his name.

My friend what are your views on the strict secular republic.  Do you think the people should have a choice in deciding if they want secularism?  Does the Army have a right to force secular principles even if the people choose otherwise?
Do u think Attaturk was right in forcibly removing Islamic principles from Turkey?  Does Turkey view the Ottoman Caliphate as the glory days?
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:22 pm

RedBlood wrote:its not racist its just quicker to say lool

And Nigga is quicker to say than Black person.  Still racist.
puroresu

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm

I give up i really do !!!!
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:42 pm

puroresu this is lfc general discussion, go to gen chat if you want to bore us all to death with muslim issues
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:26 pm

and fu.ck off is quicker to say then please excuse yourself  :)
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby CUPWinner » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:26 pm

puroresu wrote:
CUPWinner wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:The EL ALI SAMMI ANNIE STADIUM has a nice ring to it don't yer think ?

Very welcoming for our new soon to be Islamic owners :D  ???

Galatasaray has just rejected an offer from U.A.E. just for the possibility of Islamic dictation. And for your information, the club is struggling with a huge debt account arround $200M. This is the thing that makes us big; traditional principles. I think LFC is not different and whoever the owner is, it won' t change!.. At least I hope so..

It' s wrong what you think. Turkiye is a strict secular republican country. Don' t get disillusioned by comparing us to Arabs. :no

Ali Sami Yen is not an Islamic name, it' s just one of regular ones and he is Galatasaray' s founder. Please pay some more attention for respect to his name.

My friend what are your views on the strict secular republic.  Do you think the people should have a choice in deciding if they want secularism?  Does the Army have a right to force secular principles even if the people choose otherwise?
Do u think Attaturk was right in forcibly removing Islamic principles from Turkey?  Does Turkey view the Ottoman Caliphate as the glory days?

My dear friend, have you ever been to Turkiye? Do you know Turkish style of living?

Being a strict secular republic is not a rule in Turkiye. It is a democratic choice of our nation. Turkish people, including our former ancestors Ottoman Empire, used to live Islam in their way. Anatolia is never used to be the lands of blind Islam like Arabic countries. Contraversely, it's the land of harmony.

Example? My mothers family were former Greeks from BlackSea shore and my father' s family migrated from Albania for about 200years ago. It' s a common situation for many Turkish people. And that' s the main reason to live Islam in possible modern way.

Another example, in our country women are not forbidden from any area of life. Just because of Ataturk' s bright policy, Turkiye announced and applied the first women rights law in the whole continental Europe.

Another fact, army does not forces us for any reason in Turkiye. It was never happened. As you know, Turks are used to be known as warriors in the history, so our people' s close relationship with army is somewhat different than it seems. It' s like a tradition, you have to think in this way.

And the last issue; modern Turkiye view Ottoman Caliphate as their roots, and their tradition. But, Turkiye is another country; sharing the tradition but not the practice of governing. You can view it as an evolution. In our country, it' s hard to find someone who would like to prefer living under Ottoman authority rather than modern Turkish Republic.

I know, things seem different from there but be sure, Turkiye is not the country that you read on papers.

I used to live in Portsmouth 4 years ago, I stayed there for 1,5 years and I can understand what you mean, and why you mean it.
There' s Nothing Impossible In The Lands of Galatasaray.
CUPWinner

Postby mikopool » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:03 am

for anyone thinking about the possible name for the new stadium

So there are no plans to sell off the name of the ground?

No. At the risk of hanging myself in the future, we've said from the beginning that we're not interested in selling our soul and that remains true today.

liverpoolfc.tv

Take it for what its worth, I was concerned about a wanky name so this has kind of set my mind at ease.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:44 am

The "Kelloggs Rice Krispies" Stadium.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:49 am

stmichael wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Will the Arabs continue with Carlsberg as a sponsor?

No chance.

Infact I've heard reports that plans are already underway to replace Carlsberg with LG.

the carlsberg logo doesn't offend any muslim i know over here (including myself). If it does, then i suggest they choose a different club (as leon mentioned).

I would hate to see LG (Lucky Goldstar) on the shirts. crappy products and crappy brand.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:12 am

Coca Cola should be the sponsor.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:09 am

coca cola are up sh*t creek (relatively speaking). pepsico are wiping the floor with them at the moment with all their other brands like sunny delight, and coca cola's share price has gone through the floor in the last 5 years.

i'd rather have pepsico as a sponsor out of those two (even if their cola does taste like egg custard)

what about the big banks? hsbc, rbs etc are making OBSCENE amounts of money and i'm sure would love the overseas exposure being plastered over a premiership club's shirt would bring them
Last edited by Woollyback on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion