New stadium - A couple of questions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:12 am

I would recommend some more exec. boxes in those corner structures.

Rather than the scoreboards and those red/yellow/green things.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby prgsi » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:16 pm

i hope its different from that youtube vid otherwse we may as well call it the city of manchester stadium mark 2 its exactly the same all grey with them ugly tent poles in the corners!

be ace if they could move the kop brick by brick though it'd be tough job
prgsi

Postby kop11 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:05 am

i know these plans would be unable to be changed but i would of liked to see just 1 large stand behind the goal instead of seperated into tears!!!
well soon see though???
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby premiership fan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:19 am

I dont like, now every stadion would look the same
Liverpool,Arsenal.Benfica...:p  too much
I like new stadion name (new anfield) but i think that they could get some sponsors (like arsenal did)
premiership fan

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:26 am

kop11 wrote:i know these plans would be unable to be changed but i would of liked to see just 1 large stand behind the goal instead of seperated into tears!!!
well soon see though???

from what ive read the stadium design -ie size of stands and roofline cant be changed but the interior can be altered, the biggest concern from fans was the walkway through the middle of the kop stand, i cant swear it but i think they`ve altered it.

hopefully before work starts in a few weeks we`ll get to see the final design with any changes the new owners have made, if we dont then there probably going ahead with the original plan and hope we dont kick up a fuss.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:14 am

I just think that looking at the above picture the stands could be a few metres closer to the pitch. It may allow or or two more rows of seats but I just think that the atmosphere in some of the new stadiums today are not as good as they could be because in some cases the fans are too far away from the pitch. I do remember that Rick Parry did say there was going to be a designated 'KOP' but whether this means that it would be designed as a single tiered mega stand similar to the current one still remains to be seen.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby prgsi » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 am

i reckon they shud make the stadium bigger, like 70 or 80,000, we hav the money and we need 2 keep up with the mancs, 60000 is jst

i heard the council wont let em build one that big to start with cos itd put too much stress on the infrastructure - part of the current deal was to improve the current infrastructure first, and then maybe later in a few years extend capacity
prgsi

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:24 am

I must admit, I dont understand why the stadium is only 60,000 - probably due budget constraints from 3-4 years ago when it was first planned. We should shoot for 70,000. Why not build a Millenium Stadium type thing, thats a cracking stadium and we've won a bucketload of games there !!? :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:36 am

Disabled access requirements means that the Kop must be two tiered.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:56 am

What a waste if we build it with a capacity below 70k people.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:11 pm

I read somewhere that the current design which holds 60,000 people will NOT be able to be made bigger.  This seems crazy when you consider Old Trafford is already holding 75,000 ???

It doesn't make any sense.  Unfortunately even though we now have more money, it would take too long to to go through the whole planning process and we would miss out on millions of European grants so it looks like we will have to just "suck it and see"
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm

To build a bigger stadium we would have to move away from the area, this i believe is why they`ve built as big as they possibly can and not left themselves with the option of adding to it later. what we`ll do in 10 years if we find ourselves in the same situation as now fook knows
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Marianne » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Change one of the roads nearer to the new stadium to ANFIELD ROAD then change the old Anfield Road to ANFIELD WAZ ERE ROAD then we can call the new stadium ANFIELD and the jobs a good un !

I like this idea!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:56 am

The new Kop will be single-tiered.

Click
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaytoothetee » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:01 pm

s@int wrote:Paki is short for Pakistani
which is basically the same as calling a Pakistani an Asian.

yeh, it's short for pakistani, but it's racist because not every one who is asian is pakistani.if for example you called an indian a pakistani they would be very offended, in the same way if a scot was mistaken for an english guy in the states or somewhere (i'm assuming yanks are stupid enough to do this of course).

anyway, all of this is way off topic. i would've thought that we can all forget any race or religion issues and accept each other's opinions as liverpool fans.

**BTW, i'm white british, if there's anyone here closed minded enough for that to be an issue here**

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion