New offside rule - A joke

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:13 pm

We're stuck with it until FIFA come to the party, thats the be all and end all. Any amount of discussion aint changin it here, thats why i say get over it. And I'll never feel sorry for Mark hughes. If Kenny was still there, different story, but no way for Hughes
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:59 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:Lets quit whingin, we won!! Jesus, decisions like that happen too often to dwell on this one. Yes, we'd all be p!ssed if it happened to us but it didnt, get over it.

this thread is about the law. not the game. so yes all disscusion on here is about the law.... it's not a question of 'getting over it'.... its questioning the law.

Anyway imo .... the law is couldnt be more hazzy than a piece of fog in the middle of a load of smoke on a hazzy day!

:D   :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:08 pm

I was watching MOTD2 last night, and I thought I understood the new law on offside until I seen Fowler's goal and Trevor Sinclair's disallowed effort.  It is absolutely barmy.

I thought it was just girls who didn't understand the Offside rule
Mark 23

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:09 pm

Mark 23 wrote:I was watching MOTD2 last night, and I thought I understood the new law on offside until I seen Fowler's goal and Trevor Sinclair's disallowed effort.  It is absolutely barmy.

I thought it was just girls who didn't understand the Offside rule

it is... u girl :D

in all seriousness tho it is just a farce, i havent got a clue whats going on, and the thing is that no one else does either
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:23 pm

I think bring back the old offside rule with one change.

the change should be that if a player takes a long range shot and another player is in a offside position then:

a) If the ball goes in its a goal
b) If the ball is saved or hits the post and falls to the other player who was offside originally then its offside.

We can the avoid goals being dissallowed like the one keegan scored with a bycle kick when he was at southampton.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:35 pm

Then there'd probably be all sorts of riders such as:

a) is the player in the offside position obscuring the keeper's view
b) is the player in the offside position attracting defenders that would otherwise have been dealing with the shooter.

The rule was brought in to encourage attacking play and keep the game moving, but it's taking five minutes to get the game going again after every player on the pitch protests against a suspect offside decision. Offside should be offside should be offside.

I'm all for encouraging attackers to wake up and get their ars*s back onside as soon as possible - the current law just encourages them to be all hands-on-hips and huffy when things don't go their way. Cisse, not coincidentally, being a prime example.
ivor_the_injun

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:52 pm

Face facts, theres not a soul on earth that could fully explain the offside law in such a manner that we could all understand it to its full extent. Sepp blatter's the only guy gonna get it changed and he seems happy, thats why I say get over it....you aint gonna change a damn thing here. Discussion as to its merits are a waste of time.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:57 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:Face facts, theres not a soul on earth that could fully explain the offside law in such a manner that we could all understand it to its full extent. Sepp blatter's the only guy gonna get it changed and he seems happy, thats why I say get over it....you aint gonna change a damn thing here. Discussion as to its merits are a waste of time.

I thought forums were all about debating such issues !
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Maybe they are, but this is pointless complainin about a result we wouldn argue about. we may somehow have an impact on the team, the players, other supporters, but S.B. is so far up his own :censored: he wudn lower himself to admit he's wrong on this and the 'instant replay' every true fan wants. I'v admitted i wudn want the goal against us, but season after season the debate goes on and lets face it, the offside law jus gets worse every time the authorities try to alter it.

KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:26 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:I think bring back the old offside rule with one change.

the change should be that if a player takes a long range shot and another player is in a offside position then:

a) If the ball goes in its a goal
b) If the ball is saved or hits the post and falls to the other player who was offside originally then its offside.

We can the avoid goals being dissallowed like the one keegan scored with a bycle kick when he was at southampton.

SPOT ON MATE
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:27 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:Maybe they are, but this is pointless complainin about a result we wouldn argue about.

no one is complaining about the result or the game... we are just talking about the rules of football.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:22 pm

Well I think it should be
1. If your offside -your offside

No more of this interfering with play business. As woof said earlier in the thread= If you are on that pitch your interfering with play. Too much to decide in a split second I think.
They really have to look at it tho. We could have a fiasco of a world cup, maybe then theyll change it back and realise to stop fcukking about with the game.
Last edited by Mikz on Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:59 am

We were lucky that the linesman erred with the decision. I personally thought that Cisse, by raising his leg with intent should have been active.

However, there are worse howlers by the men in black such as the over-the-goal-line ball scoop by (now I forgot his name) the manure 'keeper against Spurs, the Carvalho manhandling Victor Valdez to impede him from getting at John Terry's header, the incident in Blackburn Rovers' equaliser which led to an outrage by Paul Jewell, Robbie Savage's constant success in conning the refs etc. This is Rovers' karma for the injuries they have inflicted on us, they got away with it in the past, they get something against them now.

Coming back to the topic, I bet this confusing off-side ruling and the pressure it places on the refs and linesmen will create some controversy in the world cup, mostly in favour of the more established nations.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:53 am

Hotrod wrote:The main problem with the rule is everyone seems to have a different interpretation of it.

well said einstein  :Oo:

dear me....thats the whole point of the argument.....fgs.

-------------------------------------------------

anyway, things like that even themselves out over the season. Fowlers had at least two goals chalked off this year for offside, when they were onside. so fuck blackburn, its three points to us  :nod
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:38 am

Bit of a jumpcut - does anyone know what the drill is with refs for the World Cup this time round?

I've assumed that FIFA have learned their lesson after they had a raft of terrible officials from tinpot nations last time around, but I haven't actually seen anything confirming this.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion