New management structure

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 3:39 pm

i think van gaal should be manager, okay he`s a loon but what have we got to lose? if he falls out with any of the players then so be it, i think luis will be on his way to spain at the end of next year even if we win the title anyway and as far as i`m concerned if any of the others want to leave they can go. we have been $*i*e for 3 years and have been losing to sides we shouldnt be losing to for even longer than that so maybe this lot need a van gaal type character to sort them out, employing nice guys like kenny and roy didnt seem to work.
making van gaal a DoF and bringing someone else in is just asking for trouble, give van gaal the managers job, let him sort the club out for 3 or 4 years and then move him upstairs to a DoF role, in the meantime van gaal can have his own number 2 who can take over when he moves upstairs and by that time the number 2 will be used to taking orders from him and his methods.
it might even be a job for carragher or even gerrard.
dont make van gaal DoF and have us in the press again because there are arguments behind the scene`s, we went through enough of that when H+G were at the club.
van gaal plays good footy as well, make him the manager.
if not rafa go for van gaal
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 pm

How about Gerard Houllier for the Sporting Director position? He worked for the French football federation as their technical director and if often credited with the resurgence of French football in the late 90s. He already knows the club and country well and has loads of contacts within UEFA and FIFA. Seems to fit the bill.

Can we have one thread specifically for the DOF position?
Eagle

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Eagle » Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 pm wrote:How about Gerard Houllier for the Sporting Director position? He worked for the French football federation as their technical director and if often credited with the resurgence of French football in the late 90s. He already knows the club and country well and has loads of contacts within UEFA and FIFA. Seems to fit the bill.

GH should never be involved in football again - his heart can no longer take the pressure.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Eagle » Thu May 24, 2012 11:08 am wrote:How about Gerard Houllier for the Sporting Director position? He worked for the French football federation as their technical director and if often credited with the resurgence of French football in the late 90s. He already knows the club and country well and has loads of contacts within UEFA and FIFA. Seems to fit the bill.

as you say he seems to have a lot of friends in FIFA and UEFA and he probably would do a good job in that respect but after the diao`s, cheyrou`s, le tallec`s, diouf`s etc i`m not sure the fans would want him as the DoF in charge of player recruitment.
he could be the admin DoF though, setting things up and running the club on a day to day basis.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu May 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am wrote:
Eagle » Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 pm wrote:How about Gerard Houllier for the Sporting Director position? He worked for the French football federation as their technical director and if often credited with the resurgence of French football in the late 90s. He already knows the club and country well and has loads of contacts within UEFA and FIFA. Seems to fit the bill.

GH should never be involved in football again - his heart can no longer take the pressure.

Neither could mine if he was involved
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am wrote:

i cant imagine an administrative DoF role being anywhere near as stressfull as a managers job. it`s probably his dream job at this stage of his career.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu May 24, 2012 3:05 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sfeed=true

Dirk Kuyt backs compatriot Louis van Gaal for Liverpool role

The Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt believes his compatriot Louis van Gaal has the ideal experience to be a success at Anfield.

The 60-year-old Dutchman has been heavily linked with the new technical director role introduced by owners Fenway Sports Group, although reports in the Netherlands suggest he would be more interested in the vacant manager's job.

Kuyt, currently on international duty preparing for Euro 2012, gave his backing to the former Ajax and Bayern Munich manager.

"It is not usual for players to speak about candidates, but he is a Dutchman, has a great track record and has the experience that the club could put to good use," the 31-year-old told De Telegraaf. "At the moment, Liverpool have no coach or technical director.

"Each club benefits from structure. You look at the Dutch national team and see that consistency and clarity are important."

Kuyt seemed destined to be leaving Anfield this summer after his starting opportunities were reduced significantly last season, but has hinted he may be open to staying with a new manager coming in to replace Kenny Dalglish.

"The focus is entirely with the Dutch team, but before our training camp I spoke with my agent and discussed what I wanted and I am not thinking about it until I can decide," he said.

"I think it's important there is someone who has confidence in me. And there must be a genuine chance that I'm going to play as many matches as in the first five years."
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu May 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Club just released statements confirming the hiring of Chief Communications Officer and a "Corporate Relations and Communications Director"

Billy Hogan

Jen Chang
burjennio

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 24, 2012 3:50 pm

burjennio » Thu May 24, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:Club just released statements confirming the hiring of Chief Communications Officer and a "Corporate Relations and Communications Director"

Billy Hogan

Jen Chang

Billy Bob Hogan
Billy Bob Thornton
Billy Graham
Billy Liar
Billy beans
Hill of beans
Bilbo Baggins

There's a link somewhere ,and its up to us to find it .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Thu May 24, 2012 4:05 pm

I hate to disappoint but Jen Chang is a fella.
mramo

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu May 24, 2012 4:52 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 24, 2012 2:50 pm wrote:
burjennio » Thu May 24, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:Club just released statements confirming the hiring of Chief Communications Officer and a "Corporate Relations and Communications Director"

Billy Hogan

Jen Chang

Billy Bob Hogan
Billy Bob Thornton
Billy Graham
Billy Liar
Billy beans
Hill of beans
Bilbo Baggins

There's a link somewhere ,and its up to us to find it .

Bilbo baggins
Gollum
David Moyes
Bill Kenwright

OMG its like the Da Vinci Code!
:kungfu:
Thommo's perm

Postby zarababe » Thu May 24, 2012 5:24 pm

well that Hogan fella is GORGEOUS  :hearts

So as well as a good mix of looks and expertise, looks like Fenways are gonna make sure the 'global' appeal of he club is finally realised - the warrior deal being a prime example + the grt kit

BTW read some blogs re: premiership kits and fans of other clubs were saying that ours is the best ...  :eyebrow

and one poster descirbed the Mancs as ' a tea towel you could buy @ the 99p shop'  :D  and 'Rio looks like his mum has made him stand in his best suit, for a photee he'll hate all his life'   :rasp  :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu May 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Ayre really is full of it though.

'We have made great strides behind the scenes over the last few years' Have you shyte like!

All hes done is a broker a ***** kit deal, which even non league clubs do every year, and
then watch everyone about him clear their desks after being sacked.

Aside from that we have achived absolutely zip behind the scenes and thats why Fenway
are bringing these lads in to get things moving at last.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 24, 2012 5:57 pm

parchpea » Thu May 24, 2012 5:54 pm wrote:Ayre really is full of it though.

'We have made great strides behind the scenes over the last few years' Have you shyte like!

All hes done is a broker a ***** kit deal, which even non league clubs do every year, and
then watch everyone about him clear their desks after being sacked.

Aside from that we have achived absolutely zip behind the scenes and thats why Fenway
are bringing these lads in to get things moving at last.

Ayre has managed to broken the biggest kit deal and sponsership deal in the prem.

He has managed to improve our income by up to 30 mil a year.
Benny The Noon

Postby kartiek » Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 pm

On the Telegraph today, Dirk Kuyt seems to think that Van Gaal would be a good choice for LFC sporting director.

That's perhaps the first bit of proper news that Van Gaal is indeed being looked at seriously.

Plus all those leaks by Dave Whelan seem to suggest Martinez is going to be Liverpool manager.

Van Gaal + Martinez?
kartiek

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion