New management structure

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am

Lakesie,

My 'news' are my own thoughts. I'm sleep 5-6 hours a night so spend a lot of time in teh wee hours thinking things through which is why most of my posts are early in the morning. If I had to rely on the media to direct my every thought then I wouldn't post.

What did you think about my structure comments at the top of the page how FSG have made an almighty mess of the situation for example?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 23, 2012 10:28 am

red till i die!! » Wed May 23, 2012 5:08 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 am wrote:
tubby » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 am wrote:Id rather have Van Gaal than Martinez tbh. Battling relegation every year to managing a team with top 4 aspirations sounds like a bit of a jump. Ok Van Gaal has never been tested in England but he is a well respected continental manager who has worked with big teams in the past.

While all us fan's are busy trying to figure out who the next manager will be, I think we're missing the important point of this "Club structure".
FSG are trying to run Liverpool like an American Sports team.

With that in mind, it looks like someone like Van Gaal will be DOF and the manager will be somewhat of a yes man.  (IMO).

its got martinez written all over it  :down:

Working under Van Graal wouldnt be a bad thing would it?[/quote]

well it would if he's as difficult as reported.on the plus side if a young man gets it and is drowning then he could always step in.
then again we were here before with woy. :oh:  :glare:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 am

Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am wrote:Lakesie,

My 'news' are my own thoughts. I'm sleep 5-6 hours a night so spend a lot of time in teh wee hours thinking things through which is why most of my posts are early in the morning. If I had to rely on the media to direct my every thought then I wouldn't post.

What did you think about my structure comments at the top of the page how FSG have made an almighty mess of the situation for example?

for one i think you are spot on about FSG, for a start they have taken so long to put anyone in place we are looking like a joke, their aim is to have a yes man as a manager that will do everything asked by them in jobs under him.

but what i will say is that you need to base your thoughts on things you have heard in the media, WHAT I MEAN IS THAT IF YOU HAD NEVER HEARD ABOUT THE MANAGERS THAT HAVE TURNED US DOWN OR HOW FSG are going to run the club then you would have had nothing to think about, so in truth your thoughts are based on what you have heard in the media...unless you are in FSG....AND IF YOU ARE CAN I TELL YOU THAT YOUR FUC.KING IT UP LOL
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 am

I am not FSG, I am Spartacus !  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 am

To give you an idea on just how poor the media reporting is and how much they are clutching at straws, take a look at this article and the first sentence - from ESPN soccernet.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ps?cc=5739

"Liverpool have had no contact with either Fabio Capello or Didier Deschamps, according to ESPN sources on Tuesday lunchtime."

Then take a look at the text under Capello's picture ...
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 12:20 pm

of course they want a yes man, they dont want a repeat of what happened during the previous regime when it became a scenario of owners v  charismatic  manager
thats why all these layers of management are being put in place and thats why the power of the manager is being greatly reduced.
they are learning from H&G`s mistakes
after all they bought us for the exact same reasons H&G did, i`m not saying they are anywhere near as bad as those pair of ***** but they bought us for the same reason.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed May 23, 2012 12:30 pm

it's all about the money..money ..money...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Wed May 23, 2012 1:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 am wrote:of course they want a yes man, they dont want a repeat of what happened during the previous regime when it became a scenario of owners v  charismatic  manager
thats why all these layers of management are being put in place and thats why the power of the manager is being greatly reduced.
after all they bought us for the exact same reasons H&G did, i`m not saying they are anywhere near as bad as those pair of ***** but they bought us for the same reason.

YC - I've seen nothing to equate FSG to H+G. The previous owners were leverage buyout merchants. They wanted to profit by dismantling and selling the club bit by bit. The only outcome from that was complete destruction from the club. Henry made it clear that they wanted to make a profit by winning and being successful, I've no problem with that. Again, I don't want the club to be a sugar daddies play thing.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

fivecups » Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 am wrote:of course they want a yes man, they dont want a repeat of what happened during the previous regime when it became a scenario of owners v  charismatic  manager

YC - I've seen nothing to equate FSG to H+G. The previous owners were leverage buyout merchants. They wanted to profit by dismantling and selling the club bit by bit. The only outcome from that was complete destruction from the club. Henry made it clear that they wanted to make a profit by winning and being successful, I've no problem with that. Again, I don't want the club to be a sugar daddies play thing.

mate they are over here for the same reason H+G were, they are baseball people, they started watching footy about 3 years ago, if football wasn`t awash with money they`d be still in the states, the very things that we as fans moan about in the modern game are the things that attracted them to the game.
they dont lament the old days before money and greed ruined the game.
they dont have a natural love for the sport, they never grew up playing it or watching it, they dont have special memories of watching the great players of yesteryear or watching the cup final build up from 8 o clock in the morning, if the huge money was in cricket or rugby thats where they`d be now.
they may have more class than the other pair and they wont nearly take the club to the wall but at the end of the day they are all here for the same reason.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 pm

They do not have any of those qualities but they bought the club; forked out serious money for it...

Am as frustrated as anyone, but the bottomline is we do not know enough to make the conclusions u have reached. And if I was to hazard a guess, I would say u are wrong. They seem to me to be long term thinkers who want to first build a proper institutional structure for football so that the club does not simply depend on one individual but on a functional system to grow and be successful...But they have to prove it to earn the right to be trusted...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 12:15 pm wrote:
fivecups » Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:

mate they are over here for the same reason H+G were, they are baseball people, they started watching footy about 3 years ago, if football wasn`t awash with money they`d be still in the states, the very things that we as fans moan about in the modern game are the things that attracted them to the game.
they dont lament the old days before money and greed ruined the game.
they dont have a natural love for the sport, they never grew up playing it or watching it, they dont have special memories of watching the great players of yesteryear or watching the cup final build up from 8 o clock in the morning, if the huge money was in cricket or rugby thats where they`d be now.
they may have more class than the other pair and they wont nearly take the club to the wall but at the end of the day they are all here for the same reason.

Perhaps all your negativity should be countered with some optimism just to balance things out around here.

Author: Red Rob 60

I'm probably not the oldest here but I've been suporting LFC all my life and I'm 52 now so I still go back a long way.

I've watched our failure to consolidate our successes from the past and the inevitable decline that goes with that.

I can tell you that in my opinion the rot at the club wasn't just Hicks and Gillett it had a lot to do with the battle betweeen those who are afraid of the uncertainties of the future and would prefer to live in the past and those who want to build for future success and understand that now needs a break with the past. That doesn't mean we forget the past or that we ignore those who were responsible for those glorious achievements.

The truth is we have a choice adapt and change or stagnate and die. Look at clubs like Forest or Leeds I know that's now what you want for LFC and it's not what I want either.

LFC was fatally divided so FSG have had to deal with that by putting in a completely new structure and modernising the club to put it in a position where it can be returned to the successes it had previously. That is the right thing to do.

What has made us a laughing stock has been our inability to do that and the expectation that we should have success based purely on our former glories. In other words our inability to change and our fear of the future.

Of course what FSG are doing involves risks but I'm confident that they have the intelligence, experience and ability to minimise those risks as they have demonstrated elsewhere.

Maybe I am an optimist but I've suffered too much since 1990 not to be.

There is risk in everything that is worthwhile so we have to take our chances and make best use of everything that we have to reduce that risk so that we can have a future to look forward too.

Everything I have ever learned, in football and elsewhere, tells me that if we can't change we are finished so I'll take managing that change rather stagnating and allowing the delcine to continue.

For that reason I'll back FSG because I think they have done the right thing no matter how uncomfortable that is.

YNWA
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 pm

[quote="Kenny Kan » Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Perhaps all your negativity should be countered with some optimism just to balance things out around here.

Author: Red Rob 60

I'm probably not the oldest here but I've been suporting LFC all my life and I'm 52 now so I still go back a long way.

I've watched our failure to consolidate our successes from the past and the inevitable decline that goes with that.

I can tell you that in my opinion the rot at the club wasn't just Hicks and Gillett it had a lot to do with the battle betweeen those who are afraid of the uncertainties of the future and would prefer to live in the past and those who want to build for future success and understand that now needs a break with the past. That doesn't mean we forget the past or that we ignore those who were responsible for those glorious achievements.

The truth is we have a choice adapt and change or stagnate and die. Look at clubs like Forest or Leeds I know that's now what you want for LFC and it's not what I want either.

LFC was fatally divided so FSG have had to deal with that by putting in a completely new structure and modernising the club to put it in a position where it can be returned to the successes it had previously. That is the right thing to do.

What has made us a laughing stock has been our inability to do that and the expectation that we should have success based purely on our former glories. In other words our inability to change and our fear of the future.

Of course what FSG are doing involves risks but I'm confident that they have the intelligence, experience and ability to minimise those risks as they have demonstrated elsewhere.

Maybe I am an optimist but I've suffered too much since 1990 not to be.

There is risk in everything that is worthwhile so we have to take our chances and make best use of everything that we have to reduce that risk so that we can have a future to look forward too.

Everything I have ever learned, in football and elsewhere, tells me that if we can't change we are finished so I'll take managing that change rather stagnating and allowing the delcine to continue.

For that reason I'll back FSG because I think they have done the right thing no matter how uncomfortable that is.

YNWA

that article says nothing apart from he`s hoping for the best.
it doesnt change the fact that FSG are not natural football supporters and if the game wasnt awash with money and greed they wouldnt be here.
by a quirk of fate (or finance) the supporters and the owners of this club want the same thing but for different reasons, one wants trophies to see their club do well and the others want to get rich(er).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed May 23, 2012 2:15 pm

what does everyone make of the link with van gaal today as DOF?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed May 23, 2012 2:26 pm

stmichael » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm wrote:what does everyone make of the link with van gaal today as DOF?

Not sure about him. It  may be that we need a very very stern character to take control. I understand he has some odd habits, one being that in his previous role, Bayern and Ajax (I believe) he had all players  park their cars in exactly the same way, and if one etc was facing the other direction, he blew his top. Very Sergeant Major......OCDish.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby stmichael » Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Kash_Mountain » Wed May 23, 2012 2:26 pm wrote:
stmichael » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm wrote:what does everyone make of the link with van gaal today as DOF?

Not sure about him. It  may be that we need a very very stern character to take control. I understand he has some odd habits, one being that in his previous role, Bayern and Ajax (I believe) he had all players  park their cars in exactly the same way, and if one etc was facing the other direction, he blew his top. Very Sergeant Major......OCDish.

yeah not everybody is a fan of his methods. he's very much a dictator in the capello mould. gets results though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion