New management structure

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 11:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 pm wrote:i`ve heard that van gaal is a loon, he runs the club like the army or something.
all the players have to dress in club suits for dinner and no one can start eating before everyone is in place and all that type of malarky.
if he gets the job expect to see an exodus of players out of the club, these millionaires these days arent going to put up with ***** like that for long.

Maybe its about time they learnt , Best name we have been linked with so far imo
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 pm

And he hates the media . especialy journos
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 pm

red till i die!! » Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 10:48 pm wrote:i`ve heard that van gaal is a loon, he runs the club like the army or something.
all the players have to dress in club suits for dinner and no one can start eating before everyone is in place and all that type of malarky.
if he gets the job expect to see an exodus of players out of the club, these millionaires these days arent going to put up with ***** like that for long.

would he seriously have that kind of control?
i think he could be good for the club in some capacity but i have heard similar stuff about him before' but id find it unbelievable if he was given that kind of control here.i think the owners know little about football but i bet they know overpaid sports professionals and what they would put up with.
no manager even martinez would accept that kind of influence.

apparently he`s hard work to get on with, he has a tendancy to fall out with star players like luca toni at bayern, rivaldo at barca and zlatan ibrahimovic called him a dictator in his autobiography from when he was under him at ajax.
he`s a bit off hand with the press as well which i think is no bad thing but a lot of whoppers that follow us these days were on kennys back for the same thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 pm

NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 10:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 pm wrote:i`ve heard that van gaal is a loon, he runs the club like the army or something.

Maybe its about time they learnt , Best name we have been linked with so far imo

they dont learn though they just f**k off to another club, this isnt 1984 mate, we arent the top dogs no more.
a few will probably use it as an excuse to go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Wrote this a while back (2009/2010), but it fills in some of the gaps in his managerial record:

Louis Van Gaal

As manager of Ajax in the early-mid 90s, he brought through and oversaw the success of a golden generation of players. The likes of Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Edwin Van Der Sar, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Kluivert, Jari Litmanen, and the De Boer brothers, burst onto the world stage under his tutelage. In his six seasons at Ajax he guided the club to three league titles, three Dutch Cups, one UEFA cup, and  a Champions League title. He left Ajax to join Barcelona in 1997, where he won successive league titles and the Copa Del Rey in two seasons at the club. His tenure there was cut short because, according to reports at the time, he had difficulties adapting to the different culture, manifesting in difficulties with certain players and the Spanish media. That presaged a difficult period in his career.

His failure to qualify Holland for the 2002 World Cup (as Irish reds will recall) as manager of his native Holland, a brief and frankly disastrous return to Barça, and his early resignation as Ajax technical director due to a management dispute saw his reputation take a bit of a nosedive. Getting back in the game in 2005 as manager of AZ Alkamaar proved to be an astute career move, however, as - with gradual improvement that culminated in a league title win in 2009 - he began to restore his reputation close to what it once was. That was enough to earn him the Bayern job, where in his first season he guided the club to a league and cup double, and a Champions League final berth. His Bayern side are currently 14 points adrift of the leaders, Dortmund, in the Bundesliga and qualified for the UCL knockout phase. He was sacked by Bayern shortly thereafter.
-----------------------------------------------------

All of this came before his dispute with Cruyff over him taking a position on the Ajax board. Given that and his previous disputes at Barca and Ajax, his ability to work with the manager and club officials is the major concern I would have with his appointment. His actual achievements as a manager are very impressive, though.
Last edited by LFC2007 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC2007

Postby Boxscarf » Tue May 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Louis Van Gaal has been a major success at every club he's been too.
Boxscarf

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm wrote:
NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 10:07 pm wrote:

they dont learn though they just f**k off to another club, this isnt 1984 mate, we arent the top dogs no more.
a few will probably use it as an excuse to go.

Ano what your sayin , but i can see some of our top players leaving anyway if they bring in a sh.ite manager.
Why appoint him DOF  Everyone knows hes a nut job so its gonna take someone special with whom he respects and vise versa for it to work , As i said best name we have been linked with so far ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 pm

LFC2007 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 pm wrote:Wrote this a while back (2009/2010), but it fills in some of the gaps in his managerial record:

Louis Van Gaal

As manager of Ajax in the early-mid 90s, he brought through and oversaw the success of a golden generation of players. The likes of Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Edwin Van Der Sar, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Kluivert, Jari Litmanen, and the De Boer brothers, burst onto the world stage under his tutelage. In his six seasons at Ajax he guided the club to three league titles, three Dutch Cups, one UEFA cup, and  a Champions League title. He left Ajax to join Barcelona in 1997, where he won successive league titles and the Copa Del Rey in two seasons at the club. His tenure there was cut short because, according to reports at the time, he had difficulties adapting to the different culture, manifesting in difficulties with certain players and the Spanish media. That presaged a difficult period in his career.

His failure to qualify Holland for the 2002 World Cup (as Irish reds will recall) as manager of his native Holland, a brief and frankly disastrous return to Barça, and his early resignation as Ajax technical director due to a management dispute saw his reputation take a bit of a nosedive. Getting back in the game in 2005 as manager of AZ Alkamaar proved to be an astute career move, however, as - with gradual improvement that culminated in a league title win in 2009 - he began to restore his reputation close to what it once was. That was enough to earn him the Bayern job, where in his first season he guided the club to a league and cup double, and a Champions League final berth. His Bayern side are currently 14 points adrift of the leaders, Dortmund, in the Bundesliga and qualified for the UCL knockout phase. He was sacked by Bayern shortly thereafter.

All of this came before his dispute with Cruyff over him taking a position on the Ajax board. Given that and his previous disputes at Barca and Ajax, his ability to work with the manager and club officials is the major concern I would have with his appointment. His actual achievements as a manager are very impressive, though.

he`s got an impressive CV and his sides play good footy but he does fall out with a lot of the people around him including the players, usually the star players.
i`m not sure this fella is the type of personality to work within this new management structure FSG are talking about setting up, this fella is a lot more grumpy than rafa and apparently rafa was being overlooked because he is his own man.
he`ll end up telling one of our DoF`s to f**k off like, i can just see it.
we`ll be in the press again that week too, giving everyone another laugh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2012 11:50 pm

NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 10:28 pm wrote:
Ano what your sayin , but i can see some of our top players leaving anyway if they bring in a sh.ite manager.
Why appoint him DOF  Everyone knows hes a nut job so its gonna take someone special with whom he respects and vise versa for it to work , As i said best name we have been linked with so far ,

you make a great point mate, it`s pointless making him a DoF because him and the manager will just end up making a show of us in the press again by falling out at some point, it`s inevitable.
if he`s coming to the club make him the manager.
i think it will all end in tears myself, i think he`ll end up falling out with this management team they surround him with and i reckon his appointment might cost us a couple of our better players but at least he`s a big name.
apart from rafa he`s the best one mentioned so far.
should be interesting to say the least.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 22, 2012 11:50 pm

LFC2007 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 pm wrote:Wrote this a while back (2009/2010), but it fills in some of the gaps in his managerial record:

Louis Van Gaal

he's successful no doubt and has brought through some quality players in his time and id like to see him here and unearth a few more for us.
if he is regimental as reported then he shouldnt be allowed to have that kind of influence on the club from the role he's appointed.
the sooner the whole set up is revealed along with the new personnel the better as all this waiting is killing me!!. :help
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Hes not being touted as the manager though , hes being linked with DOF. I dont know why we need a DOF anyway whats wrong with the good old fashioned scouting system . scout identifys the player, manager has a look simple ,  And im not happy Ayre is stepping up and being associated with players contracts and wages , Another Christe, Parry in the making here ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 12:17 am

NANNY RED » Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm wrote:Hes not being touted as the manager though , hes being linked with DOF. I dont know why we need a DOF anyway whats wrong with the good old fashioned scouting system . scout identifys the player, manager has a look simple ,  And im not happy Ayre is stepping up and being associated with players contracts and wages , Another Christe, Parry in the making here ,

thats ridiculous having a grumpy arl loon like van gaal as a DoF, this is a fella described as a dictator by ibrahimovitc,  he`s so hard to get on with that the manager below him would be up the wall, especially if results arent going well.
no wonder they want a yes man from a small club to manage us.
just give the managers job to van gaal and lets see what happens, let`s see who he falls out with first.
and as you say ayre is starting to seem like a purslow, parry type
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 am

looking at that "New management structure" no way would Rafa be able to work under that, he wishes to have so much control, you have got to wonder how much power the new manager is going to have apart from picking the team on the day....that might just be what the owners wush the managers job to be, lets face it, in american sport the HC job is only about picking the plays and players for that game, all the buying and selling is down but others at the clubs.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed May 23, 2012 12:26 am

Loui and Bobby Partnership ,
Loui and Andy Partnership

Rafa and Rafael partnership

I know which one i want but its not happening , unless every other manager turns us down ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed May 23, 2012 2:49 am

lakes10 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 pm wrote:looking at that "New management structure" no way would Rafa be able to work under that, he wishes to have so much control, you have got to wonder how much power the new manager is going to have apart from picking the team on the day....that might just be what the owners wush the managers job to be, lets face it, in american sport the HC job is only about picking the plays and players for that game, all the buying and selling is down but others at the clubs.

Van Gaal seems the same sort of character though. Brilliant record but i share the same view as others, he's going to fight with everyone. Could he really work with a younger manager?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion