New debate - Who will finish in the top 6?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chrissy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:35 pm

In my opinion:

1. Liverpool - New keeper and just won the champions league, its looking good, especially with gerrard on a new contract.
2. Chelsea - Won it last year and have some fantastic players including a midfield worth over £100 million
3. Arsenal - What can I say, Henry, Pires etc
4. Tottenham - Good team!
5. Man Ure - only a £20 million budget and Glazer at the helm, I dont like the looks of things
6. Bolton - Its a long shot but I like this team and Big Sam has done some great things with not much cash.

Your opinions?
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:39 pm

Chrissy wrote:In my opinion:

1. Liverpool - New keeper and just won the champions league, its looking good, especially with gerrard on a new contract.
2. Chelsea - Won it last year and have some fantastic players including a midfield worth over £100 million
3. Arsenal - What can I say, Henry, Pires etc
4. Tottenham - Good team!
5. Man Ure - only a £20 million budget and Glazer at the helm, I dont like the looks of things
6. Bolton - Its a long shot but I like this team and Big Sam has done some great things with not much cash.

Your opinions?

who the bleeding hell let you in the advanced debate forum?

???  ???  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:41 pm

I think  you're beeing too optimistic, Chelsea have too much depth and quality in their squad not to win it.

My predictions:

1.Chelsea
2.Arsenal
3.Liverpool/Manchester United
4."                                 "
5.Middlesbrough
6.Tottenham
7.Manchester City
8.Bolton
9.Newcastle
10.Aston Villa
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:42 pm

A.B. wrote:I think  you're beeing too optimistic, Chelsea have too much depth and quality in their squad not to win it.

My predictions:

1.Chelsea
2.Arsenal
3.Liverpool/Manchester United
4."                                 "
5.Middlesbrough
6.Tottenham
7.Manchester City
8.Bolton
9.Newcastle
10.Aston Villa

Not bad AB, mine is somewhere along those lines as well.

Spurs could do well this year....they have spent a lot of youth and Davids could do a job for them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:51 pm

Spurs could do well this year....they have spent a lot of youth and Davids could do a job for them.

Spurs are buying every young English player there is. Now they want Andy Johnson, and they've already taken Routledge from Palace.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:00 pm

JBG wrote:Spurs could do well this year....they have spent a lot of youth and Davids could do a job for them.

To be honest JBG, I see no difference in Spurs to anything over the last 20 years. They have always managed to pull together good players but they seem to lack desire and thats why I expect them to be as inconsistent this season as they always are. They may win a cup but that's it. I'm sure I was also reading today that if they sign Davids, that gives them 8 central midfielders. And I thought Chelsea were bad.

I can't see anyone really breaking into the top 3/4 for more than one season now Abramovich is about, unless things go tits up at Arsenal or United.

Spurs are improving well but I can't see them being more than in the group of teams along with Birmingham, Villa, Middlesbrough and Newcastle who will always spend a bit of money but will remain a selling club to the top sides. Can you see Defoe staying at Spurs for the next 5 seasons? Chelsea tapped up Arnesen after 1 for god's sake.

You always get a surprise team who has a good season and then inevitably falls away. Ipswich did it, Sunderland did it, and probably Everton will do it this season. No other club can seem to sustain any success. Newcastle and Leeds made a fair go of it before falling off the radar and if Spurs do something similar, they'll probably fall away as well.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:41 pm

I think that Fulham will go down, if they lose Boa Moarte then they will have a poor season. They haven't bought anybody good in the summer that can seriously improve their starting 11, they finished 15 or 16 last season and I can see them going down.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:43 pm

i think portsmouth are in great danger aswell. they're bringing in foreigners who i've never heard of whilst getting rid of yakubu, berger, stone, camara etc.

portsmouth, wigan and west ham for the drop for me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:59 pm

I agree with you about Portsmouth, I'm not sure Robert is going to help them. Sure he has the skill and ability but he shows up for one out of ten games. He's extremely lazy.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:02 pm

Also I'm impressed by West Brom, they've brought in some descent signings and I think they will stay up in the Premiership this year as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:04 pm

Hmmm, noone mentions Everton in the top 6. I wonder why :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I belive that Manure with all Glazer fuss can have a worst season in years - sweet :D
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:07 pm

Hmmm, noone mentions Everton in the top 6. I wonder why

They don't have the depth to finish in the top 6 let alone top 10. They've only brought in three players, two players have left and they've missed on about five players. If they get knocked out the CL qualifiers which they will, the UEFA cup will wear them down.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:11 pm

Sunderland have an astonishing lack of quality.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:16 pm

Wigan have 20 million to spend and they haven't brought in a lot of players have they?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:18 pm

wigan apparently bid £10m for scott parker but he turned them down in favour of that circus that is newcastle united.

stephane henchoz is a decent signing for them though.

speaking of wigan, i'll be amazed if they sell out any of their home games apart from against the big 4.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion