New debate - Who will finish in the top 6?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:20 pm

Heh, Parker turned down Everton to join a side that didn't even finish in the top ten. Just tells you of what he thinks of Everton's fourth place finish :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:57 pm

Top six for me would be.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Bolton
6. Spurs

I think Chelsea have too much depth and have added to their already great quality, although I think it will be a lot more tighter. I think we will take four point's off Chelsea this year and they will concede more goal's over all.

I think Arsenal have lost a bit of confidence and are not the team they where two season's ago, Viera has left a big hole to fill - they won't fill it for a season or two in my opinion and I reckon they are having a tough time bringing in quality player's now. It's almost as if other club's are wising up to their style of play. Another thing with Arsenal is their defence, they let in way too many goal's - I actually believe they have "score 4 concede  3" policy lol. :D

For us, I think we will see one of our best season's in year's, real good quality football and plenty of goal's, while keeping it tight and solid at the back. Our pre season hasn't been great in term's of sharpness, but it could be a case of preservation against lesser opposition - keep some juice in the tank for a hard and long season. I also think we will start taking point's off team's we have struggled against in the past.

Hmmm, Utd, I trully believe they are in a state of decline! They have struggled to find good consistant form these last few season's and they haven't brought in any good player's ( IMO ) this season to help rectify that. I think they will take over from us on losing to smaller team's who they should be duffing - good riddance. :p

I think Bolton and Spurs will have similar season and it will be a matter of a few point's separating them at the finale. Both team's will go through patches of consistancy and inconsistancy - if that make's any sense :D .

I think Sunderland, Wigan and either Fulham or West Ham will go down. Fulham fan's must have brown trunk's at the moment, selling their best and replacing them with, erm, nothing.

Anyway, let the good time's roll.
Last edited by Gareth G on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:07 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Top six for me would be.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Bolton
6. Spurs

I think Chelsea have too much depth and have added to their already great quality, although I think it will be a lot more tighter. I think we will take four point's off Chelsea this year and they will concede more goal's over all.

I think Arsenal have lost a bit of confidence and are not the team they where two season's ago, Viera has left a big hole to fill - they won't fill it for a season or two in my opinion and I reckon they are having a tough time bringing in quality player's now. It's almost as if other club's are wising up to their style of play. Another thing with Arsenal is their defence, they let in way too many goal's - I actually believe they have "score 4 concede  3" policy lol. :D

For us, I think we will see one of our best season's in year's, real good quality football and plenty of goal's, while keeping it tight and solid at the back. Our pre season hasn't been great in term's of sharpness, but it could be a case of preservation against lesser opposition - keep some juice in the tank for a hard and long season. I also think we will start taking point's off team's we have struggled against in the past.

Hmmm, Utd, I trully believe they are in a state of decline! They have struggled to find good consistant form these last few season's and they haven't brought in any good player's ( IMO ) this season to help rectify that. I think they will take over from us on losing to smaller team's who they should be duffing - good riddance. :p

I think Bolton and Spurs will have similar season and it will be a matter of a few point's separating them at the finale. Both team's will go through patches of consistancy and inconsistancy - if that make's any sense :D .

I think Sunderland, Wigan and either Fulham or West Ham will go down. Fulham fan's must have brown trunk's at the moment, selling their best and replacing them with, erm, nothing.

Anyway, let the good time's roll.

For Arsenal I think Edu leaving will also hurt them, as now their 2 best central midfielders have left.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:14 pm

Have to disagree there CRA, they stil have Gilberto Silva, who IMO was more important player than Edu. It is not a coincidence that Gilberto was out for so long, and Arsenal not being as good as they were the previous season. He was out for a long time last year, and when he returned there was a distinct change in their fortunes!
However the loss of Edu, has now been highlighted as a mistake considering Viera left, bit poor on the management side from Wenger IMO, because Edu said he wanted to stay but was not offered a contract untill Jnauary sort of time, maybe this was when Wenger had a feeling Viera would be on his way, but by that time Edu had already made other plans.
76-1115222408

Postby Chrissy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:45 pm

stmichael wrote:speaking of wigan, i'll be amazed if they sell out any of their home games apart from against the big 4.

Wigan only sold 4,300 season tickets in total last year, but in the first 3 hours of sale this season they sold 7,000
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:22 pm

My predictions:

1. Chelsea no doubt, too much $$ to spend too many quality players.
2. Arsenal, somehow I believe Wenger will be able to fix the Viera problem. They need CBs as bad as us.
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham, with Davids and Carrick in the middle, Keane and Defoe up front, and King at the back, they can cause a lot of trouble this season.
5. Man U, all depends on Park.
6. Bolton, yea coz they have Diouf.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:37 pm

Tottenham to finish above Man Utd? Now you're talking out of your :censored:. As much as I hate McDonalds Buccaneers, and they are declining, they aren't going to sink to fifth place. They still have quality in their team, just not enough quality to win the Premiership.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:03 am

Pretty much the same as AB first post
Tottenham will probably looking very strong during early warm months and then fade in mid table obscurity when winters hits in though
Taking aside the bitter rival aspect, will be interesting to see how Everton go this season
Hope West Ham stay up, always had a soft spot for that side as they use to have  great escapes from relegations last time they were in EPL  and were always blooding exciting youngsters.
Relegation wise have to agree about Portsmouth, Wigan also as per recent trends and WBA will be another bottom dweller favourite
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:05 am

Fulham imo will definetly go down this time around. I just don't see how they're going to stay up, they haven't sign anybody whose going to imrpove their squad.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:49 am

i'm pretty sure the top four will be the usual (omitting last year's little blip), chelski, the buccaneers, arsenal and ourselves. chelsea will come out on top as their squad is just too strong. (btw, anyone seen maureen's quotes today saying the chelsea squad is capable of making two different teams that could each win the prem? what an arrogant t.osser that guy is!).

the other 3 places in the top four could work out in a number of ways, in fact i think it may be a surprising season. despite what people say, manchester rowdies still have massive quality but are unsettled by this whole glazer thing and keane is fading fast. arsenal may struggle this season, unsettled by the loss of 2 out of 3 of their central midfield and also by pires' contract negotiations not exactly being all rosy. true they have some excellent youngsters but i don't see them being the same force as 2 seasons ago. and LFC, well, we're deffo in better shape this season and if we can fix that terrible away form we'll do so much better. my main concern is the strength of, or lack of strengthening of our defence.

the 5th and 6th spots will go to any of spurs, boro or bolton and maybe even everton will still be battling it out up there.
Last edited by andy_g on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:08 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about chelsea taking the prem title this season .Certainly they are favourites for the  trophy  but every club will be gunning for them this time around,I expect them to have a real fight on their hands in every match .I think the top four are gonna be a hell of a lot closer together points wise ,and it won't suprise me if Chelsea lose out by a couple of points.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:53 pm

I think last season was the high water mark for Bolton. They won't do as well this year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:00 pm

They managed to sign Borgetti, impressive player that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:02 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:18 pm

Haha :D :D :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten