Net spends per club as against points earned - Not for everyone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:24 pm

bigmick wrote:
s@int wrote: DISCLAIMER- I do know of course that if Rafa had been allowed to buy his first choices, and not put up with the players which Rick Parry brought in for him it would be entirely different  :)

Would be interesting to see the team we could have had without Rick Parry. Vidic, Alves etc
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:24 am

mart wrote:
bigmick wrote:
s@int wrote: DISCLAIMER- I do know of course that if Rafa had been allowed to buy his first choices, and not put up with the players which Rick Parry brought in for him it would be entirely different  :)

Would be interesting to see the team we could have had without Rick Parry. Vidic, Alves etc

It would be interesting. Don't forget that Malouda bloke as well, we tried to sign him for 14 million quid or thereabouts. Had a good game today I thought  ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

bigmick wrote:
mart wrote:
bigmick wrote:

It would be interesting. Don't forget that Malouda bloke as well, we tried to sign him for 14 million quid or thereabouts. Had a good game today I thought  ???

Yea a winger that impressed for Lyon when we clearly needed a winger would be a bad buy?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:37 am

bigmick wrote:
mart wrote:
bigmick wrote:

yeah, but he's not very good in general. Chelsea fans think he's poor and i can't say i've seen anything in his game to make him stand out as a 14 million pound player.

on the subject of transfer, Newcastle tried to buy Hypia this weekend

click
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:42 am

bigmick wrote:
mart wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Just to point out, I was talking the p!ss here. I thought Malouda was utter garbage at Anfield.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:07 am

bigmick wrote:
bigmick wrote:
mart wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Just to point out, I was talking the p!ss here. I thought Malouda was utter garbage at Anfield.

:laugh:  I don't think you really needed to point that out Mick  :D
account deleted by request

Postby taff » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:20 am

:laugh:

Having a dig at Rafa for being linked with a player who played badly today :laugh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:26 am

taff wrote: :laugh:

Having a dig at Rafa for being linked with a player who played badly today :laugh:

TBH I think its a fair enough point when others are picking out the players we were linked with who have since done well ?

Its not a playground if you dont have swings as well as roundabouts mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:34 am

Couldn't have answered it better myself S@int. It's just a question of balance really, if players we were supposedly infor are all World beaters, it's only fair to mention that one or two are donkeys as well. If you're not careful, you end up with a picture being painted that if "fecking Rick Parry" had signed all of Rafa's first choices, we would win the league every year.

Now I know Rafa didn't want Keane :D but he very graciously agreed to play him in our first 16 matches this season which was very decent of him I think, but I wonder who signed Dossena. It seems to me that Parry was very busy in the Summer, all Rafa had to do was tie up the signature of Riera and then he could bob down to Tenerife and watch the Euro's on the big screen. That said, judging by Riera's perfromances these last few weeks I'm not sure Rafa signed him either ??? .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:48 am

:laugh:

Can anybody please put a quote from rafa where he says he did not want Keane or a quote where he says he didint get a player he went for.  You say you use the facts Bigmick well put some facts up then and not rumours.

He deserves criticism of course but its getting a bit silly now IMO.

By the way he would have turned Malouda into a world class player  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:20 am

Can anybody please put a quote from rafa where he says he did not want Keane or a quote where he says he didint get a player he went for.  You say you use the facts Bigmick well put some facts up then and not rumours.

He deserves criticism of course but its getting a bit silly now IMO.

By the way he would have turned Malouda into a world class player  :D

:D Furry muff on Malouda Taff, nice one.

I don't do direct quotes and all that nonsense Taff, no Heinz's or HP's over here. To be fair though mate the rumours have been absolutely rife, all over the press and he's had numerous opportunies to deny them and hasn't. That's enough for me, his pet journalist has been spinning "a source within the club says" and all that old cr@p, and Keane has been left to rot in the meantime.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Can anybody please put a quote from rafa where he says he did not want Keane or a quote where he says he didint get a player he went for.

:bowdown

Riddle me this, how can a side good enough to have beaten CHELSEA home and away, the mancs at home and drawn at the Emirates, draw against Hull, Stoke, Bitters, Wigan etc? Doesn't matter what anyone says about how such and such wasn't Rafa's first, second, third...............ninety-ninth choice, how can a side like that not win more consistently? Do we blame the minority of "useless players" that get slatings week in, week out, even when we're winning? Or could it be that the superstars simply don't turn it on often enough?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:12 pm

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Owzat wrote:
taff wrote::laugh:

Can anybody please put a quote from rafa where he says he did not want Keane or a quote where he says he didint get a player he went for.

:bowdown

Riddle me this, how can a side good enough to have beaten CHELSEA home and away, the mancs at home and drawn at the Emirates, draw against Hull, Stoke, Bitters, Wigan etc? Doesn't matter what anyone says about how such and such wasn't Rafa's first, second, third...............ninety-ninth choice, how can a side like that not win more consistently? Do we blame the minority of "useless players" that get slatings week in, week out, even when we're winning? Or could it be that the superstars simply don't turn it on often enough?

Keane was one player... but one player can have quite an impact. You can't just say we can beat chelsea and the mancs but can't beat hull, stroke, etc etc. First of all chelsea and the mancs didn't park the bus whereas the other clubs did. Secondly, we got torres injured and only have one decent striker in keane. Keane didn't perform, so we couldn't break them down. Whereas against chelsea, mancs, arsenal, we can counter attack, we have a strong midfield and players like riera, kuyt, benayoun can be quite effective, not to mention our captain gerrard the most destructive.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:17 pm

74% of the Forum agrees with you
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion