Nemeth loaned out to aek

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 am

Nemeth joins AEK Athens on loan
August 22, 2009
Liverpool youngster Krisztián Németh has joined Greek club AEK Athens on a year-long loan deal.

AEK Athens chairman Nikos Thanopoulos was in Liverpool today and met Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez.

Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos made the move to Anfield from AEK yesterday and Nemeth will join the Greek side as a part of an agreement.

Thanopoulos wanted to sign Reds winger Nabil El Zhar however, Benitez wasn’t keen on letting go of the Moroccan after insisting he was part of his plans this season.

Nemeth is in search of first-team football, something which Benitez isn’t ready to offer yet, and decided a move to AEK was ideal for him.

The loan deal will see the Hungarian at AEK for a year with an option to extend the loan deal for another 6 months.
link

Presumably part of the deal for our new CB ?
account deleted by request

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:51 am

So it was just me that noticed the lads evident and antural talent against Singapore then, because clearly Rafa didn't. How the feck he can prefer Wash too Nemeth is beyond me.  :no
heimdall

Postby Rush Job » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:30 am

Good stuff. Players like Nemeth need more than ressie footy if their going to develope in to quality first team players.
We should be doing more of these.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:35 am

heimdall wrote:So it was just me that noticed the lads evident and antural talent against Singapore then, because clearly Rafa didn't. How the feck he can prefer Wash too Nemeth is beyond me.  :no

*Breaking news the Titanic has sunk* Rafael Benitez arrested.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:05 am

Rush Job wrote:Good stuff. Players like Nemeth need more than ressie footy if their going to develope in to quality first team players.

In theory yes but how many players who have been out on loan come back and been a force in the first team? I struggle to think of any.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:46 am

Reg wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Good stuff. Players like Nemeth need more than ressie footy if their going to develope in to quality first team players.

In theory yes but how many players who have been out on loan come back and been a force in the first team? I struggle to think of any.

Exactly, as I think I've pointed out at least once on these boards. They have to be top quality because Rafa is spending millions on players that they have to displace in the first team. Nemeth has little chance of taking over from Torres any time soon, his best hope is/was the bench and if El Zhar, Voronin and Wash are ahead of him then what does that say?

I expect 95% of Rafa's kid signings to come in, be loaned out or at least make less than 10 appearances for the 1st team before being sold or released. The only reason Ayala has an appearance to his name and might get more is because Rafa didn't pull his finger out and replace Sami, a fairly obvious and necessary move given Agger has missed lots of chunks of seasons through injury.

Even if Nemeth proves a hit at AEK, a number of loanees don't even break into Championship sides so there is no guarantee, what odds he'll come back and be in the 1st team squad? 25-1? Might as well be sold in most cases, loan can be the end of their chances
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Highland Red » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 am

That said, it is valuable experience for Nemeth to be out their playing football rather than mumbling around in the reserves.
Highland Red

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:15 am

Ideal preparation for a player, if he is to have a future in the Premiership, is playing in the Premiership. Now if some of these kids can't get into Championship sides, and I note quite a few loaned from various clubs who don't get into the starting XI, then what hope securing a place in our's?

So I'm not sure I agree about it being better than playing in the reserves, at least we control how much they play whereas he may simply be on the bench or in AEK's reserves. Or put another way, I'd try loaning him to Stoke, Burnley, Hull or Wolves and what odds they wouldn't want him or he couldn't get in their team?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Highland Red » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:50 am

Owzat wrote:Ideal preparation for a player, if he is to have a future in the Premiership, is playing in the Premiership. Now if some of these kids can't get into Championship sides, and I note quite a few loaned from various clubs who don't get into the starting XI, then what hope securing a place in our's?

So I'm not sure I agree about it being better than playing in the reserves, at least we control how much they play whereas he may simply be on the bench or in AEK's reserves. Or put another way, I'd try loaning him to Stoke, Burnley, Hull or Wolves and what odds they wouldn't want him or he couldn't get in their team?

Yeah, that's a valid point.

Raises the question though why the club didn't venture down the route that you've proposed?

Plain and simple, it would've probably broke the deal with the Greek if Liverpool hadn't offered at least some kind of player.
Highland Red

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 am

I just can't see the point of the academy any more, we don't produce anyone even close to the required talent and Rafa, for good or bad, is more interested in buying in players of a slightly better quality abroad. We might as well shut down the academy and spend the money on increased transfer budget or something.
heimdall

Postby ken_job » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am

Id agree with that! west ham, everton and other clubs academy's can produce players fit for the premiership on a regular basis - why cant liverpools? It is a growing frustration year on year when nobody comes though. Warnock was one but he left the club...
ken_job

Postby kunilson » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:34 am

ive seen Nemeth play quite a few times and he has impressed....we have had quite a few players who have shown promise, but then eventually loaned out and never came back. hope this doesn't happen with Nemeth....

if they dont improve enough in our manager's eyes....some have not even secured first team football on a regular basis in championship sides or in Scotland....no chance over here then, what can u do?

maybe we're not doing enough when we have the players?....but apart from Insua there hasn't been breakthrough players and its frustrating, cos you'd think it would be a priority cos of the financial benefits of growing your own instead of constantly buying...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Nando26 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Reg wrote:

To be fair most go the :censored: league one teams & do nothing which pretty much suggests theyd do nothing in one of the best teams in the world

Aek Athens are a big team in the greek league & i reckon its a brilliant loan move for the lad thier league has a similiar high tempo to it as well & in the heat aswell the lad will diffenately come back fitter & stronger
Nando26

Postby burjennio » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:25 pm

This could be a good move for the lad, he's still very young and a season of 1st team football could really advance him to the next level. I think most of us know that hes one of the young players that has a chance of movingeam up so hopefully he'll come back strong and ready to step into the main squad
burjennio

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:57 pm

This is his chance now to show what he can do in a 1st team. It was a nice idea to think he will be used in the first team this year but I think Rafa wants to give NGog another year to see if he can imrove and if not, assuming Nemeth has a good season he will surley return and come into a backup role in the 1st team.

Good luck!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion