Nemeth loaned out to aek

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Octsky » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Reg wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Good stuff. Players like Nemeth need more than ressie footy if their going to develope in to quality first team players.
We should be doing more of these.

In theory yes but how many players who have been out on loan come back and been a force in the first team? I struggle to think of any.

Agreed. Fowler hit 5 goals on his home debut for us when he was 18. Owen scored on his home debut when he was 17. Nemeth is 20? or 21?
And if Rafa think he isnt good enough even for being on a substitute bench, then our hope of him turning good will be very low.
I saw him played against S'pore and he reminds me of Fowler,
really disappointed to see him being loan out again.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:56 pm

For me, Nemeth was always going to go on loan. Maybe the Championship would have been better than Greece, maybe not, but this is part of the deal to bring in the new CB, so no use complaining.  I hope that he starts over there, and I hope he impresses.  But I have cooled on my hopes on him anyway.

I don't buy the argument that "when has anyone ever come back from being out on loan"  what is that supposed to mean exactly? that we shouldn't send people out on loan?  When has a loanee ever shown enough during their spells that we would have been interested in buying such a player if they weren't already on the books?  Seems to me the loan experience just exposes the player for what they are, which is more of an indictment on the academy, WHICH IS WHY IT WAS TOTALLY REVAMPED THIS OFF-SEASON.

Using a Karma argument, you would still have to say that we are punching above our weight in producing players. Gerrard is still a the club and he is in the top .00001% of footballers in the world, I don't think that is appreciated enough. And then Fowler and Owen were both world class strikers. Those expectations are too high imo, and there is no reason for them to be that high.  Better than Voronin, that is where the bar is for where the standard of our youngsters has to be in order to help out the team.  That seems like a reachable goal.

And what the hell with this "other than Insua" line  WTF do you mean other than Insua?  why doesn't he count, why isn't he enough?  It seems like Kelly is our backup RB this season too, thats pretty good.
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:12 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I don't buy the argument that "when has anyone ever come back from being out on loan"  what is that supposed to mean exactly? that we shouldn't send people out on loan? 

Joe what I'm saying is quite simple, no Liverpool player that has gone out on loan has come back and become a corner stone of the team or even a regular, until now, loan is the first foot out of the door.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm

aCe' wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
aCe' wrote:- hope Nemeth is send out on loan to a decent side (probably best if we send him to a club outside the country playing in a top division because i cant see him getting games at any premierleague club)

Nemeth's loan would have to be in England for him to count as an "English" player in European competitions.

i dont care about that mate... if he goes to the lower league then thats the end of him i think... send him to the Greek league or Turkish league or something where he can get games with decent sides against decent sides without getting injured or losing his style of play...

good deal for him... good luck and will go a long way in determining whether hes good enough or not...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Reg wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I don't buy the argument that "when has anyone ever come back from being out on loan"  what is that supposed to mean exactly? that we shouldn't send people out on loan? 

Joe what I'm saying is quite simple, no Liverpool player that has gone out on loan has come back and become a corner stone of the team or even a regular, until now, loan is the first foot out of the door.

What you say is true but this could be different, I cant remember us loaning out a player that has the potential that Nemeth has at the moment
Fauxy

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:07 pm

I don't really see a downside to this. He's joining a club in a league of decent standard where he'll have his chances to play regularly. A kid his age needs that.
LFC2007

Postby TheLad » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I don't really see a downside to this. He's joining a club in a league of decent standard where he'll have his chances to play regularly. A kid his age needs that.

The problem is that will be sitting on the bench most of the time, AEK have 3 strong strikers that are used regulary, altough 1 of them plays on the wings sometimes. Anyway, if he does get some regular first team football (I doubt that), that will help him improve. If not, than that's another waste of talents by Rafa. Good luck boy!
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Perhaps that's true, but wherever he goes on loan he'll have to fight for his place, the point of loaning young players out though is that their chances of getting first-team football are greatly improved and in this instance it's no different.
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:34 pm

heimdall wrote:I just can't see the point of the academy any more, we don't produce anyone even close to the required talent and Rafa, for good or bad, is more interested in buying in players of a slightly better quality abroad. We might as well shut down the academy and spend the money on increased transfer budget or something.

You clueless idiot like,you really are!
Put a price on Stephen Gerrards head..Jamie Carraghers head?

How much does it cost to run the academy?
You could run the fuc'kin academy for 20 years and if only Gerrard came out of it,it would be money well spent!
FFS just shut up..you are nothing but a whinging auld git!

Every thread like,straight in.....we fail here,Rafa is cr@p,we are shi'te,Mancs are great blah blah fuc'kin blah!
The sooner you get your third card and get back to your hornby trainset the better..Idiot!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:I just can't see the point of the academy any more, we don't produce anyone even close to the required talent and Rafa, for good or bad, is more interested in buying in players of a slightly better quality abroad. We might as well shut down the academy and spend the money on increased transfer budget or something.

You could run the fuc'kin academy for 20 years and if only Gerrard came out of it,it would be money well spent!

Every thread like,straight in.....we fail here,Rafa is cr@p,we are shi'te,Mancs are great blah blah fuc'kin blah!
The sooner you get your third card and get back to your hornby trainset the better..Idiot!

Did I get carded for this Bob?? :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Number 9 wrote:

I agree with this 100% we are not a sub prem club we are top4 players have to be the best of the best to make it here long term and those type of players are 1 in a million.

Some times you are lucky and get a few together sometimes it takes 6 years to find one its way of things its all luck so many factors come into play.Its takes alot to spot a young tallent and know if he can make it.I am sure there has been kids that looked better then Gerrard when he was 13 but look how he turned out its like trying to guess how many coins are in a glass jar with a blind fold on.Any one who says different clearly hasn't got a clue.

But trust me just having the academy meens we always have a chance to find a starlet here or there and clearly its a risk worth taking.  :buttrock
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Any ways Reason I see for this loan is only to let people see him in action in a first team I feel Rafa knows this lad won't make it due to his age and is putting him on the market so to speak.I expect him to be sold next season hopefully for a profit (I meen over what we paid him so far).
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Aye.  But fair play to Dazzer, he found the interesting football point you had buried in there and focused on that.  Nice one.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dazzer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Aye.  But fair play to Dazzer, he found the interesting football point you had buried in there and focused on that.  Nice one.  :nod

Well I felt I had to move the topic on bob it needed it only 2 pages in.Could have been looking at very quick lock out and tbh I felt it was instresting point about our youth system.

:edit... Also I doubt someone is an idiot for not understanding these things its just misinformation alot of that around nowa days.
Last edited by Dazzer on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Sure card him too...ya have plenty to put about!! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion