Nemeth and pacheco - Are either ready to step up?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Still cant fathom why they keep giving Ngog game time when he never delivers and clearly has only a limited time left at Anfield, ahead of a young talent like Pacheo who needs experience and whom we have invested in with a contract extension. These young kids will only learn if they play in the first team. Give him the third man role backing up Suarez and Carroll and get him on the park and lets have a look at him. If I had been Pacheo I probably wouldnt have signed on again to be honest but fair play hes sticking with it and beleving what hes told. Hes young, but football times short and you need to play to improve. Short of that loan him out or something its not fair.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:26 am

looks like this is gonna be another case of Sinama Pongolle. which is a shame. would rather see him play ahead of that useless excuse for a striker called Ngog.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:45 pm

7_Kewell wrote:am i the only one who thinks Pacheco isn't good enough?  3 managers have ignored him now and it's no mistake...the guy is like Nemeth and lacks the quality to make it at this level

I agree,

its not one manager, its 3 managers who ignored him, it means that they aren't really impressed with him and see something that we don't see.

I expect him to move on in the summer.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

parchpea wrote:Still cant fathom why they keep giving Ngog game time when he never delivers and clearly has only a limited time left at Anfield, ahead of a young talent like Pacheo who needs experience and whom we have invested in with a contract extension. These young kids will only learn if they play in the first team. Give him the third man role backing up Suarez and Carroll and get him on the park and lets have a look at him. If I had been Pacheo I probably wouldnt have signed on again to be honest but fair play hes sticking with it and beleving what hes told. Hes young, but football times short and you need to play to improve. Short of that loan him out or something its not fair.

I agree with this.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:30 pm

metalhead wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:am i the only one who thinks Pacheco isn't good enough?  3 managers have ignored him now and it's no mistake...the guy is like Nemeth and lacks the quality to make it at this level

I agree,

its not one manager, its 3 managers who ignored him, it means that they aren't really impressed with him and see something that we don't see.

Unfortunately I also have to agree with this. There must be something we are not seeing, though for the life of me I can't work out what it is.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Raoul wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I agree,

Unfortunately I also have to agree with this. There must be something we are not seeing, though for the life of me I can't work out what it is.

the manager and coaching staff watch these guys every day in training...they see everything they don't. If Kenny doesn't think he's good enough then that's enough for me.

He isn't often wrong about these things.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Raoul wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I agree,

the manager and coaching staff watch these guys every day in training...they see everything they don't. If Kenny doesn't think he's good enough then that's enough for me.

He isn't often wrong about these things.  :nod

He's still very young.  Just because he's not considered ready, yet, don't write him off.  Anyone with eyes in there head can see he has ability.  If Suso's not turnining in MOM performances for the first team, next year, do we move him on as well?
mrt

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Cant understand all these people who say well the managers and staff see stuff we dont, they cant all be wrong. Yet then question on other threads why such and such gets games. Surely if you apply this way of thinking then you can never question anything a Liverpool manager does  EVER AGAIN. Because they know more then you.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Cant understand all these people who say well the managers and staff see stuff we dont, they cant all be wrong. Yet then question on other threads why such and such gets games. Surely if you apply this way of thinking then you can never question anything a Liverpool manager does  EVER AGAIN. Because they know more then you.

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that. I'd like to see Pachecho get more time on the pitch over the past 18 months, particularly when others have kept their places despite poor performances. However, I also wonder if he's up to it when he seems to get no closer no matter who the manager. Kenny has been quite happy to throw in Jonjo and Kelly so I reckon if he thought Pachecho was woth a look then he'd be in there too.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:09 am

Scottbot wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Cant understand all these people who say well the managers and staff see stuff we dont, they cant all be wrong. Yet then question on other threads why such and such gets games. Surely if you apply this way of thinking then you can never question anything a Liverpool manager does  EVER AGAIN. Because they know more then you.

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that. I'd like to see Pachecho get more time on the pitch over the past 18 months, particularly when others have kept their places despite poor performances. However, I also wonder if he's up to it when he seems to get no closer no matter who the manager. Kenny has been quite happy to throw in Jonjo and Kelly so I reckon if he thought Pachecho was woth a look then he'd be in there too.

Add Wilson to that list of young players.

Perhaps the club see him as too light weight and have him on a special fitness programme this year to turn him into a pocket rocket for next year, when he'll take his place alongside Merieles, and Suarez behind Carroll...?

Hmmm

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Pachecho is a small young kid and the premier league is the toughest league around. I reckon he's not strong enough yet and would get pushed around quite easy. That being said he's got great feet and vision so hopefully he will get the run out he deserves very soon.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 am

Look at the size of Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere etc....Not man-mountains are they ? Proof that you don't need to be built like a brick sh!thouse to be effective.
So what if Pacheco is small ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Raoul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:58 am

Yeah, I don't think size is all that important. It is a problem if your whole team is lightweight, but a few small players isn't a problem at all. Still, perhaps his size (or at least his strength) IS an issue? That is just conjecture from a few of us trying to understand why he has dropped off the radar of course, but I hope it is something like that rather than question marks over his attitude or ability (can't be!) or...

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:59 pm

cant believe pacheco didnt get a game tonight,never mind a start but at least 20 mins, but again nothing.
that match was absolute cack and i dont for one minute believe that subbing spearing for pacheco could have made us worse.
its almost like we dont want to try and play attacking football.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:25 am

How can he possible get a game with the talent we have i mean Cole, Maxi, Jova,Ngog, Spearing, Poulsen come on
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion