Nemeth and pacheco - Are either ready to step up?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:54 pm

I agree with Redangel here.  players like Lucas, Babel and Ngog have been plenty of time and chances.  If they're not good enough, fair enough.

But we'll just never know with some of these younger players unless we play them at some point.  Playing with first teamers is very important for their developement.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:17 am

We don't play with the ball enough, on the floor enough, near the box enough for Pacheco to be effective, that's why he doesn't feature (and I'm not saying that's all Roy's fault - we don't really have the players) and therefore I think he'll move on. I'm sure he would faired better at Arsenal as they play controlled, intricate one touch football (Pacheco's first touch is exceptional) higher up the pitch. That said, England isn't the best league for him and before too long I expect he'll end up back in Spain at a club like Villarreal, where he will prove his abilities.
LFC2007

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:42 am

Pacheco's got talent, but if he wants to have a good career then he should leave Liverpool as soon as possible.  I just don't see him breaking through under the current management.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Would be sorry to see us miss out on a talent like Pacheco when he's already in our ranks. Hope he stays and eventually makes the break through, as he seems very technically gifted.
JamCar05

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 am

With Gerrard out and Cole doubtful you'd hope to see Pacheco on the bench at the weekend. I won't hold my breath though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:01 pm

stmichael wrote:With Gerrard out and Cole doubtful you'd hope to see Pacheco on the bench at the weekend. I won't hold my breath though.

I was thinking the same thing.  doubt it though.  the lad has fell far down the pecking order.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Seeing that nemeth ain't in this club anymore....think its time to rename this thread to just "pacheo".

He needs his own thread. Just check out how he singlehandedly dominates the game against ever$hit.

http://www.footylounge.com/films....04.html

Would like to see him as on the bench for all for league games from now (and hopefully he makes the next step to 1st team very soon).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby therocket147 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Thought Nemeth was going to be the next big thing
therocket147

Postby mart » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:35 pm

When he cant even get on the bench I doubt he will be a liverpool player much longer.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:43 pm

therocket147 wrote:Thought Nemeth was going to be the next big thing

the next Sean Dundee.

I don't think either are good enough to be honest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:25 pm

LFC2007 wrote:We don't play with the ball enough, on the floor enough, near the box enough for Pacheco to be effective, that's why he doesn't feature (and I'm not saying that's all Roy's fault - we don't really have the players) and therefore I think he'll move on. I'm sure he would faired better at Arsenal as they play controlled, intricate one touch football (Pacheco's first touch is exceptional) higher up the pitch. That said, England isn't the best league for him and before too long I expect he'll end up back in Spain at a club like Villarreal, where he will prove his abilities.

Agreed.

Some seem to think the whole aim of the youth system is promotion to the first team going on to cementing a regular place. Obviously that is the ideal but often the aim is resale.

Pacheco is quality but more and more his style does not look suited to the Premiership. If we make good money off him it is good business.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Dont forget that the kid is still only 19 and has a lot of developing and filling out still to do, but for me he has to be at least given the chance occasionally to show that he has the abilities to make it in the top flight rather than him being judged on reserve games or at U19 International Lvl. I look at yesterday and think that with the score at 1-1, N'Gog having a shocker maybe he could have been a player that could have done something special for us, especially with Gerrard not being on the pitch he could have linked up just behind Torres in a 4411 and been given the opportunity to show what he could do. Im sick of having players with potential being continually being overlooked when the players in front of them arnt exactly pulling up trees in their performances
burjennio

Postby Raoul » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:10 am

"He's had moments when he's looked good, others when not quite so," admitted Hodgson.

"He's working on his game. He featured in the unfortunate Northampton game.

"It was a great opportunity for those outside the first 13 or 14 to really show me, 'You should be thinking of me.

"When will he get his chance again? Probably in one of these games in Europe, who knows, may he will burst back onto the scene, but it is very difficult to do that in a reserve game."

Link

Doesn't sound like Roy rates him, nor does it give Pacheco much encouragement to stay. I know I don't get to see the players day in day out like Roy does, and I couldn't get a stream for the Carling Cup game, but I'd be gutted to see him leave without the chance to prove himself. He had a positive impact every time he came on last season.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:10 pm

A bit surprised no one has commented on this given the above discussion but apparently Pacheco has (as Kelly) signed a new contract:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....nd-dani

Very good news imo :)
JamCar05

Postby TarnRed » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 pm

JamCar05 wrote:A bit surprised no one has commented on this given the above discussion but apparently Pacheco has (as Kelly) signed a new contract:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....nd-dani

Very good news imo :)

Very good news I agree, but I don't feel he'll get a chance this season unfortunately. If he's not in Roy's plans for the remainder of the season and is only used sparingly, then for me he should be allowed to go out on loan but only to a club in England. Hopefully someone like Martinez @ Wigan, or Di Matteo @ WBA would take him as both managers believe in Youth, if no takers in the Prem then a loan move to the Championship will benefit him and toughen him for the next season.

I'd fear that is he was allowed to join a club in Spain then that would be bye bye Dani.
TarnRed

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion