Nemeth and pacheco - Are either ready to step up?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Dundalk wrote:Looks like he could be on his way :(

LINK

WTF ?
Another loan deal ? Would it not make more sense to bring the lad back and see if he can do the job for us instead ? We know we need a striker FFS !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Raoul » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:12 am

Nemeth sold

Olympiakos have confirmed the signing of Liverpool striker Krisztian Nemeth.

The Hungarian was on loan at rivals AEK Athens last season scoring three goals in 17 games and has sufficiently impressed the Greek giants.

The 21-year-old, who was heavily linked with a move to the club throughout the summer, follows in the footsteps of Albert Riera, who moved to the Karaiskakis Stadium in July from Merseyside.

Nemeth moves in a 1.3million euro deal, with the Reds set to take 25% of a sale should the striker move on and will undergo a medical on Saturday.

"Olympiakos C.F.P announces a deal with Liverpool for the acquisition of Hungarian international player, Krisztian Nemeth, who will sign a three-year contact with the club," the Piraeus team announced.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 am

Another "hot prospect" sold before making a dent/start in the 1st XI
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Nemeth has finally gone - his agent has stated he was sold for financial reasons and not because manager thought he wasnt good enough
Benny The Noon

Postby Raoul » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:45 am

Such a shame we only won 1-0, I'd have liked to see Pacheco starting tonight, but not sure that is such a good idea given the narrow lead and the situation. I guess he'll be on the bench again, but hopefully Roy will be able to give him a good 20 minutes or so.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:17 pm

He'll come on after 70 mins when we're 0-9 down!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Does anyone know were Pacheco is? 

I thought he was doing quite well at the start of the season, particularily in the Europa league.  I heard he had a terrible game against Northampton and hasn't been included in the squad since.

Ive also heard that Roy wants to turn him into a winger and that he needs to work on his pace. (is that even possible).

This kid will leave soon if he cant even get into the squad and i think he is too good of a talent to lose.  He probably would of being more suitable than Shelvey the other night against Wigan.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Tim LFC » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:15 am

Well the reserves coach said they're working on him turning into a winger. NESV won't let the lad go cause he's young and has a bright future, they'd probably tell Hodgson to play him if he wanted to leave.
Tim LFC

Postby Red-er-Dare » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:40 pm

I also heard they were retraining Pacheco to be a winger and I must admit I was dissheartened to hear this. It's definately an English 'thing' I reckon where we have young kids with skill and ability to burn and tend to coach it out of them to suit the industrious nature of the English game. I'm not suggesting the coaching staff are coaching anything out of him, although it could be possible. But it must be annoying for a player like Dani to have a new manager come in and say ''right, I think you'll be better off at this... we'll get practising and training you do do this... instead of this...''. The kid has ability, give the kid a chance to shine through his natural game before coming in like a bull in a China shop and changing things.
Red-er-Dare

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Pacheco wants to leave

Dani Pacheco was told by Roy Hodgson that he would be included in his plans, and the fact that the Spanish youngster has spent three years at Anfield, qualifying him as a `home-grown` talent helped him secure a professional contract at Liverpool. However, after failing to be selected by Hodgson, Pacheco wishes to leave Liverpool. Real Sociedad had wanted to take Pacheco on loan last summer.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Arsenal's Wilshere, Liverpool's Pacheco and Mario Balotelli nominated for Golden Boy award
November 15, 2010

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere , Liverpool attacker Dani Pacheco and Manchester City's Italian striker Mario Balotelli are among the nominees for this year's 'Golden Boy' award.

The poll for the top young player in European football born after 1 January 1989, is organized by Italian daily Tuttosport. Thirty journalists from top European sporting media will decide which player has performed best over the calendar year.

Wilshere has established himself in the Arsenal team, while controversial figure Balotelli played his part in Inter Milan's treble success last season before securing a big money move to Manchester City. Liverpool's Dani Pacheco was one of the stars of last summer's European under-19 championship, finishing as the tournament's top scorer.

Other English-based players in the 40 nominees include Manchester United trio Federico Macheda, Bebe and Rafael, Chelsea's Gael Kakuta and Aston Villa's Nathan Delfouneso.

Past winners of the award include Barcelona's Lionel Messi (2005), Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney (2004) and Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas (2006).

Although Arsenal star Wilshere has made big strides this year, the favourites for the award are likely to include Anderlecht's star striker Romelu Lukaku and Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea, who helped his side win the Europa League.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

André - Dinamo Kiev
Mario Balotelli - Manchester City
Bebé - Manchester United
Yacine Brahimi - Stade Rennes
Sergio Canales - Real Madrid
Diego Contento - Bayern München
Philippe Coutinho - Internazionale
David de Gea - Atlético Madrid
Luuk de Jong - FC Twente
Nathan Delfouneso - Aston Villa
Mattia Destro – Genoa
Douglas Costa - Shakhtar Donetsk
lan Dzagoev - CSKA Moskou
Christian Eriksen – Ajax
Mario Gotze - Borussia Dortmund
Eden Hazard - Lille OSC
Abel Hernandez - Palermo
Gaël Kakuta - Chelsea
Bojan Krkic - FC Barcelona
Toni Kroos - Bayern München
Adem Ljajic - Fiorentina
Romelu Lukaku - Anderlecht
Federico Macheda - Manchester United
Joël Matip - Schalke 04
Fran Mérida - Atlético Madrid
Ezequiel Muñoz - Palermo
Musacchio - Villareal
Yann M'Vila - Rennes
Sotirios Ninis - Panathinaikos
Dani Pacheco - Liverpool
Marcus Pedersen - Vitesse
Miralem Pjanic - Olympique Lyon
Rafael - Manchester United
Gastón Ramírez - Bologna
Riviere - Saint Etienne
James Rodríguez - FC Porto
Mamadou Sakho - Paris Saint-Germain
Eduardo Salvio - Benfica
André Schürrle - FSV Mainz
Jack Wilshere - Arsenal
Benny The Noon

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm

As i said in the other thread, it'll be a shame if he leaves.  Him and Nemeth have been our most talented youngsters for the last few years.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Redangel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:56 pm

We're supposed to be focusing on bringing young talent through but unless we shape up and at least give them a chance none of them will want to stay.

Hope he can be persuaded to stay but if not can't say I blame him. He must feel if he can't get a chance with the way we're playing at the moment he'll never get one. He's not even been on the bench !!

:no
Redangel

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Redangel wrote:We're supposed to be focusing on bringing young talent through but unless we shape up and at least give them a chance none of them will want to stay.

Surely they have to shape up first?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redangel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:30 pm

By shape up , I meant the club needs to decide if we really are going to pursue a youth policy and give talented youngsters a chance , or are we going to let them go and see another team benefit from our work !

I don't think for one minute that he would be homesick if he'd been given a chance.

Whatever you think of him Ryan Babel has had more than a fair chance , let's just be equitable.
If he's not up to it , then at least we know , but for God's sake let's find out first !!
Redangel

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion