Neill and mascherano - On their way....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:43 pm

stmichael wrote:imo we'd be stupid not to make an enqiry about leighton baines, if not in january then in the summer.

i'd seconded that as the lad has the ability to be a class addition to the first team
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ade » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:09 pm

stmichael wrote:imo we'd be stupid not to make an enqiry about leighton baines, if not in january then in the summer.

Agree. Baines has great potential, and chips in with the odd goal too.

As for Lauren, it's a fair point that he's over 30 and the strict wage contracts make him dispensable anyway, but to say he's preferable to Lucas Neill ain't saying much. TBH, I never wanted Neill and am delighted he's off to Upton Park. He's a liability.

Lauren was the subject of quite a few digs by the senior Arsenal players 2 seasons ago, and he hasn't got any better. We need to be looking at top players or young hungry players on the way up. For me, Lauren is neither.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blur » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:22 am

Really strange thing is... there's no concrete news of lucas neill signing for west ham and when i checked out the WHU official there's nothing on it confirming him as having signed or him as a player on their squad.

The entire deal seems to have gone quiet for one reason or another. I normally discount what agents say, and if his agent said on monday/tuesday that he's signed, chances are that'll already be on their official website... a little strange i thought...
blur

Postby matrix » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:10 am

lucas neill's  agent is doing all the talking, maybe so liverpool will up his wage demands...agents  :angry:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:32 am

F*ck him if he wants more money rather than more medals.

JC can play at rightback if need be, so we can muddle through the rest of this campaign without a thug.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blur » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:42 am

Funny thing is... i reckon a thug is exactly what we need in the back line... We've got semi-thugs in Momo and Gerrard (and occasionally Alonso) in midfield... we've got bellamy who ain't scared of getting into a bit of a scrap... IMHO... our backline is a little too soft... committed to the cause yes... but nonetheless, we lack that fear factor which intimidates the opposition coming forward...

Although Neill is a potential liability, i'm sure rafa can sort him out (like he did Momo)... what i'd like to see is someone in the back four who's got a little bit of a nasty edge which will make forwards/wingers think twice abt trying to outsmart or outdribble that defender becos he knows if he doesn't pull it his moves off properly, it'll be his limbs that get pulled off...

But it's gonna be a moot point if he does decide to sign for the Hammers... in which case, it'll be his loss.. not ours...
blur

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:16 pm

He's joined West Ham according to PremierLeague.com

He says he supported them as a boy  :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:29 pm

A.B. wrote:He's joined West Ham according to PremierLeague.com

Well he helped a drunk Cockney ex-pat to his feet when he was a young 'un. :D

Chance to have his name written in history, and he chooses the money.

Stupid b*stard.  :wwww  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:00 am

A.B. wrote:He's joined West Ham according to PremierLeague.com

haha,if he came to liverpool it would have been the same,he went for better wages and the chance to start i think,at liverpool he was coming in for cover at the back
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:09 am

Hope you'll be happy getting first team football in the Championship you divvy (that one's for Sabre :D)!  We can and will do much better than that mercenary. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:22 am

gizza proper player, we don't need to spend the ackers on this bag'eads :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:24 am

Sabre wrote:gizza proper player, we don't need to spend the ackers on this bag'eads :laugh:

Well true dat, la.  Lucas Neill's a proper knob'ed.  FACT.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 84-1161035624 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:47 am

Hi All,
Just to let you know  Supersubs shitbag tactic to ban my IP hasnt worked. I always find a way to get back on here, the fact is I still havent been given a valid explanation to why I was banned.
Threads in support of me where deleted for no reason, and the fact is the majority of the forum agree with me on this matter and know I was in the right 100%.
The Mods and Admin have been given numerous opportunities to give a explanation to why I was banned and yet still not a single reply.
Also they decided to ban other members who decided to speak against Supersubs cowardly actions just for speaking their minds.
Supersub you can ban me again if you like but I will always be back .
Im not here to cause trouble but the fact is a blind eye was turned to people giving me abuse(without even a single warning given against them) yet its okay to ban other members just for speaking out.
84-1161035624

Postby Espionage » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:39 am

Who are you?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:22 am

Blackburn Rovers defender Lucas Neill has decided on a move to West Ham United, snubbing a move to Liverpool.

Neill said: "It wasn't about cash - that didn't come into it. It was about being wanted. West Ham were knocking down the door to get me whereas Liverpool made a take or leave it offer.

"They didn't even come in for me until 15 days after the transfer window opened.

"People who have raised their eyebrows at me for making this decision are in for a surprise because West ham have a shopping list of players which almost blew me away.

"People have said I put money before medals and how could I make a sideways move like this and not go to a club like Liverpool, who are always in the hunt for trophies and so much prestige.

"It was an extremely hard decision but I know it's the right one.

"West Ham moved heaven and earth to sign me while Liverpool gave me the impression that I might not even get a game if I went there.

"I supported them as a kid and I know people are going to give me stick for not choosing them."

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes says no move will happen until he signs a replacement for the Australian international.

The Welshman said: "We are not going to let Lucas join unless we get a replacement, and nothing as yet has been agreed.

"I can not really tell you one way or the other what is happening on that. We allowed Lucas to go down and speak to West Ham yesterday, and he had a medical while he was down there.

"As I have always said I want to know we are not going to be weaker as a consequence of Lucas leaving, so it's a case of exactly as we were."

It wasn't about money, he just needed to feel wanted :laugh:
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion