Neill and mascherano - On their way....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:31 am

Elchris wrote:rafa says if neill decides to go elsewhere :angry: * i hope he does

he had other players in mind....

GOD I HOPE HEINZE is one of them....at 5 million he's a bargain but if we wanted him i guess it could cost more :(

Us and Man U haven't swapped players since god knows when - is it since the fifties or sixties (someone will know) cant remember the fella's name.

I dont think either of us will break that habit neither - not in the current hate-filled climate.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:13 am

We offered him 25K a week.

West Pork offered him 60K a week.

Quite frankly, I thought 25K was a little too generous.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:11 am

Oasis will be gutted  :D

Nar didnt want him anyway he is a liability nearly got sent off again against Arsenal on saturday.
Gives away far to many free kicks, and conceeds penalties.
He didnt suit us I dont know what Rafa seen in him, he doesnt fit the bill as a Liverpool player I cant explain what I mean.

There are far better players around than him, and its took him long enough to decide Liverpool only come knocking now and again, its an honour to play for our great club.

He wont ever get the chance again, money grabbing b@stard. None of us have forgiven him for breaking Carras leg anyway.

Heinze is a great player but I cannot see the mancs letting us have him he would be a fantastic addition I cant understand why the mancs are thinking of letting him go its great for us he he does leave ofcourse.

Just cant see the mancs doing business with us.
Unless he pushes to come to us himself.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:26 am

18 January 2007
EXCLUSIVE: RAFA ANGER AT 'LUCASH'
By David Maddock & John Cross
LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez blasted Lucas Neill after he turned down Champions League football at Anfield to double his money at relegation-haunted West Ham.

The Blackburn defender headed for a medical in London after Alan Curbishley offered him a £60,000- a-week deal. Benitez was stunned by the decision after Liverpool offered £25,000 a week, although the deal would have been reviewed once he was established.

Neill indicated he was keen on a "dream" switch to Liverpool, and insisted then that he would ignore overtures from the likes of Tottenham and Newcastle.

Benitez, who will now approach Valencia to take Roberto Ayala on loan, said: "If he thinks about the move too long, then maybe that tells us that he is not the sort of player we want."

However, Neill, 28, could be left high and dry by his decision. Blackburn had agreed to swap Neill with Liverpool defender Stephen Warnock. With Liverpool almost certain to withdraw their offer of Warnock, it leaves Neill sweating on his future.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 am

Thankfully Lucas Neill revealed he has little ambition, just greed, and Rafa was saved from making a big mistake.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 am

Ciggy wrote:Heinze is a great player but I cannot see the mancs letting us have him he would be a fantastic addition I cant understand why the mancs are thinking of letting him go its great for us he he does leave ofcourse.

Just cant see the mancs doing business with us.
Unless he pushes to come to us himself.

Heinze's contract expires in June.  Maybe our argentinian and spanish contingent could have a word ?   :D

meanwhile from "Premiershiplatest"

Manchester United’s Argentine international defender Gabriel Heinze is being linked with summer transfer move to Juventus, while Valencia, Inter Milan and his old club Paris St Germain are also reportedly keeping a close watch on his situation.

The 28-year-old Red Devils left-back, who had a injury-marred 2005-06 season, is back to full fitness but with the 25-year-old Patrice Evra giving a good account of himself in the left side of the defense, the Argentine is largely consigned to the bench.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is non-committal on Heinze, whose Old Trafford contract ends in June. The whole situation now is making Heinze European circuit’s hot property to move as a free agent on Bosman ruling at the end of his term.

Heinze, who came to United from PSG after the 2003-04 season, has left the decision on his future to the club.

“I know several clubs are interested in me, but the decision rests with Manchester United,” said Heinze.

The front-runners Serie B side Juventus have already expressed keen interest in securing Heinze’s services if Ferguson sells him in the transfer window.

Juve coach Didier Deschamps also feels Heinze can do better justice to his ability when he is given a central role as he plays as a centre-back with Argentina. And judging the Frenchman’s opinion, Heinze would be just doing that if he signs with the Turin giants.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:49 am

Heinze has to be injrued. There is no reason why fergy wouldnt play his best player of last season unless something was up with him...

say what you like about ferguson but hes not a chump, id be wary of this. Altho, if he passed a medical, id snap him up.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:53 am

dawson99 wrote:Heinze has to be injrued. There is no reason why fergy wouldnt play his best player of last season unless something was up with him...

say what you like about ferguson but hes not a chump, id be wary of this. Altho, if he passed a medical, id snap him up.

There was nothing wrong with the horse, Stam or Beckham and he got shut of them, he has ruined Smith by playing him as a midfielder Fergies an old kunt and nothing he does suprises me.
If he dont like your face no matter how good your are you might as well ring dial a cab.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 am

I'm glad.  I didnt want him. His average and not good enough.  He aint even worth 35k a week!!!
puroresu

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:54 am

I don't know why people are stressed out?? I personally am delighted with the news that Neill isn't coming. We, as a club, should not be looking to sign mediocre players such as Lucas Neill. He's SHIT
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:57 am

there goes the worldwide belief that all aussies are winners, spucas neill is a greedy little :censored: who really isnt good enough to start makin wage demands and i would rather warnock stayed i hope neill goes to west ham and they sink like a stone :angry:
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:56 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I don't know why people are stressed out?? I personally am delighted with the news that Neill isn't coming. We, as a club, should not be looking to sign mediocre players such as Lucas Neill. He's SHIT

Couldn’t agree more.  Players like Neil don’t improve the side at all.  We need to sign a RB who is better than Finnan not worse. Players like Neil can do a job and that’s it.  He can’t do much more and his just another run of the mill player.  Josemi, Kronkamp, Neil.  Rafa’s choice of RB’s aint great.
puroresu

Postby Mannyk » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Are you guys serious the guy gets offered twice as much elsewhere of course he will go for the money. Anyway he will have an escape clause if they get relegated. If Liverpool wants him they will match the offer no matter how over rated it may seam. But they don't so lets find another and move on. Anyway why is everyone so :censored: off now . No one wanted him anyway.
Mannyk

Postby clik » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:15 pm

Mannyk wrote:Are you guys serious the guy gets offered twice as much elsewhere of course he will go for the money. Anyway he will have an escape clause if they get relegated. If Liverpool wants him they will match the offer no matter how over rated it may seam. But they don't so lets find another and move on. Anyway why is everyone so :censored: off now . No one wanted him anyway.

this will be the only chance he will ever get to play champs league which is what should excite players not the money they earn enough already,if he went to west ham to play regularly then fair enough but to go just for the££££££££s he is obviously money orientated and not hungry for success
goodbye spucas  :rasp
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:32 pm

He is now a West Ham player, Im over the moon.
50 grand a week for that yer avvin a giraffe, didnt want him near our great club anyway, I thought Rafa had lost the plot even thinking of signing him.

We should have known he wasnt coming he's dithered more than dithering Dave from across the park.

Gona get drunk tonight  :buttrock

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion