Neill and mascherano - On their way....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopjon » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Barton Barton Barton, Joey Joey Barton, thats who i'd have in like a shot.  He's got a double hard attitude, prepared to give people a kick and can go from box to box - ala vieira/ keane style. Without Sissoko we miss that kind of player and if we dont get him, one of the big 3 will if he keeps playing like he is.
Kopjon

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:05 pm

btw.... I say we forget Neil..... it's bad enuff that he's a thug.... but holding out for more money and willing to consider West Ham instead of us?? ??? if true, then all he is is a greedy thug... someone we could do without.... :no  :no
ConnO'var

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:38 pm

stmichael wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Not to late to consider a bid for Hienze , saw something on sky earlier about Man U prepared to let him go . Good player and hasn't been at ManU long enough to be considered real scum   :D

sauce?

mentioned on sky earlier today ,must admit I was surprised to hear it, he seemed to me to be one of their better players a kind of Robbie Savage but WITH SKILL 

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:50 pm

"Rafa losing patience with Neill   

Written by Jim Boardman

Wednesday, 17 January 2007 

As we predicted earlier today, Rafa Benítez has started to become impatient with Blackburn defender Lucas Neill and says he’ll be calling the deal off if the Australian international doesn’t make a decision soon.

Liverpool had agreed the terms of a deal with Blackburn, and put a deal forward to Neill. At the last minute Neill received another offer, from West Ham, for more money. Rather than turning down the relegation-threatened London side he decided – through his advisors – to ask Liverpool for more money first. And that’s where things stuck.

Rafa sounded frustrated, a sure sign Neill has to make his mind up fast, when asked about this deal: “We are continuing working on these things but we will not wait. If a player wants to come to play for Liverpool, he must say yes quickly. If he thinks about it for too long, maybe it’s a signal it’s time for us to look for other players. We have alternatives.”

Benítez has made it clear in the past he doesn’t approve of players who seem more interested in money than playing for the club. He accepts money is important to a player, but won’t be held to ransom. If Neill can’t put his on-the-field ambitions ahead of his financial ambitions he won’t become a Red, and in the eyes of many Liverpool supporters that’s no bad thing.

According to the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool are disappointed behind the scenes that Neill’s advisors are putting the financial side ahead of the playing side. Obviously their cut of any fees would be higher should Neill take the big money, believed to be as high as £50,000 per week. Unless West Ham’s gamble pays off and they survive relegation, there’s no way Neill can expect to still be earning that kind of money in the Championship.  Neill is believed to favour a move to Anfield, something he has described in the past as his “dream move”, but his advisors are trying hard to persuade him otherwise. "

Some fu*king advisors he's got. Do they actually think we would pay him more just because West Ham are willing too? They could very well end up in the championship next year so he has to make the choice between lower wages and a top for team in the CL or bigger wages at a team that might be relegated. He would surley have a clause in his contract so he could move if they got relegated, but why the fu*k would he want to play for a bottom half of the league club instead of us? If its just for extra money he's an idiot.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:55 pm

F.uck him off !

First question Rafa should ask any future signing  is "Why do you want to play for the mighty LIVERPOOL F.C and what would it mean to you ?" Not "How much are you looking to earn per week ?" :angry:
destro

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:03 pm

end of the day if the fella wants money more than the red shirt then he can :censored: off, end of, i dont want people like that playing for the reds, abit like lee bowyer a few years back the inbread
kopite_1232002

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:05 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Not to late to consider a bid for Hienze , saw something on sky earlier about Man U prepared to let him go . Good player and hasn't been at ManU long enough to be considered real scum   :D

If Fergie is letting Heinze go, I would get in quick because he was amazing last season.
account deleted by request

Postby CarlosRocks » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:09 pm

Heinze would be a good buy. he was a great player last season and he also scored a few goals i think.....
CarlosRocks

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:16 pm

It appears Neill is set to join West Ham due to them offering higher wages.

Manure want to sign Gareth Bale from Soton so they're prepared to let Heinze go.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Fuck the cunt, hes a dirty scumbag anyway, he could have been a good player at us but if he values money more than success then he can fuck right off. How can a professional footballer choose west Fucking ham over one of the greatest clubs in the world? Beyond belief and its not as if we are offering him peanuts, he'd be getting a decent wage and most people would kill to wear the red shirt, let alone get paid to do so.

On heinze, i reckon we should snap him up for first choice left back and cover for centre half, hes a really good player and i cant believe their letting him go. Doubt that one would happen though because they will be wanting a return on what they paid for him i would imagine, 7mil-ish and i'd doubt they'd even contemplate selling him to us.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:13 am

End of the day im not goin to slag the lad off untill i see him in a westham top,
iv he does sign for them he is a money grappin (see u next tuesday), but not untill i see him in a west ham shirt

The lad must be off his barnet to sign for them any way, i think harry needs to get on the blower
kopite_1232002

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:44 am

kopite_1232002 wrote:End of the day im not goin to slag the lad off untill i see him in a westham top,
iv he does sign for them he is a money grappin (see u next tuesday), but not untill i see him in a west ham shirt

The lad must be off his barnet to sign for them any way, i think harry needs to get on the blower

The deal is done and dusted, he's going to play for West Ham according to his agent. West Ham are giving him 50,000 pounds a week, he's a mercenary. He chose money over Champions League football.

The Times

..."Neill, the Blackburn Rovers defender, was expected to travel to London last night to undergo a medical examination and put the finishing touches to a £1.25 million move. The deal has left Liverpool in a state of bemusement, given that the Australian was thought to have set his heart on a move to Anfield, but the Merseyside club were unwilling to match the financial terms on offer at West Ham, where Neill is expected to earn more than £50,000 a week. “Lucas has agreed terms on a 2½-year deal with West Ham and is looking to the challenge ahead,” Peter Harrison, his agent, said last night.

If Neill’s decision to turn his back on the prospect of Champions League football in favour of a relegation scrap hints of a lack of ambition, the 28-year-old does at least have a contingency plan in place. He is understood to have insisted on a clause in his contract that allows him to leave Upton Park if West Ham are relegated, although he may be forced to cross Merseyside off any list of possible summer destinations....."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby skipper » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:13 am

If he wants to choose a team that is in danger of relegation over a top 3 team with CL football, then he obviously isn't mentally fit to play for us.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 am

-throws away my Liverpool shirt with "Neill" on the back-

:angry:

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:24 am

rafa says if neill decides to go elsewhere :angry: * i hope he does

he had other players in mind....

GOD I HOPE HEINZE is one of them....at 5 million he's a bargain but if we wanted him i guess it could cost more :(
Elchris

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion