Neil mellor

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 1234ram » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:39 pm

what do u think of this player i saw him at west ham he waz scoring goals for fun there but can he make it at the top in the liverpool team what do u think i dnt rate the player at all i think leroy lita is much better then him his only 19
1234ram

Postby taff » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:20 pm

I stuck up for you text boy and now regret it

Scoring for fun  ???

A mate of mine a West Ham fan phoned up to say take the fool back
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:29 pm

This boy makes AB seem positively interesting, and Canadian Red the foremost scholar on the history of LFC past and present  :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:42 pm

1234ram wrote:what do u think of this player i saw him at west ham he waz scoring goals for fun there but can he make it at the top in the liverpool team what do u think i dnt rate the player at all i think leroy lita is much better then him his only 19

Well, I know you have been raving about Leroy Lita from Bristol City. I havn't see him as a player, but I do heard of him.

To be fair with you, I will watch the FA Cup match replay tomorrow night between Brentford v Bristol City on the Sky Live so Leroy should be playing and will have a look at him and I will reply to you see what I think of him, young lad.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:44 pm

Good player and a better prospect than Mellor IMO
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:47 pm

taff wrote:Good player and a better prospect than Mellor IMO

Is he? Cheers for that, Taff

I better to watch him tomorrow night on Sky Live.

Cheers Taff
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:54 pm

Mellor is at 22 and really should be starting up his carrier, hes not even a prospect
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:58 pm

Enjoy  :D

Im a believer in raiding the lower divisions especially now theyre all skint  :cool:

Get a good reserve squad for the future

If I was 19 Id prefer LFC reserves to Bristol City
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:37 pm

We have no strikers. It's that easy. Do you thnik Mellor will score goals for us? Well, think again. He will not. If we can't score we can't win games. Right now we have the WORST STRIKERS IN PREMIER LEAGUE BY A WIIIIIDE MARGIN. Mellor and Pongolle would definately not play for any team in the premiership, they would most likely not get into teams in Nationwide league, they could MAYBE get on the teamsheet in DIVISION 2. Mellor is the worst striker I have seen getting 90 minutes of football for this club. And I have been watching LFC for about 30 years. Fact is Eric Meijer, Titi Camara, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Sean Dundee and other recent rejects would improve our team MASSIVELY right now. That is the status. We should not have to conceal the facts. Ok we have been unlucky. But injuries is a part of football. WE SHOULD NEVER START A SEASON WITH JUST 2 STRIKERS. We have only ourselves to blame. Conclusion: All points won in this situatiuon must be considered bonus points. This is the new Low. Thank god for Gerard Houllier wasting good money on Diao, Cheyrou, Diouf, Biscan, Vignal, Smicer, Ferri, Kippe, Sjolund, and the lot. These players CAN'T BE SOLD. ONLY SMALL TEAMS WILL WAN'T THEM. NO SMALL TEAM WILL PAY THEIR INSANE WAGES AND THEY WILL SIT OUT THEIR CONTRACTS BEFORE THEY LEAVE ON A BOSMAN. Why sign Diarra and loan him out 3 years? He is soon out of contract and has yet to set his foot on Anfield. Why buy two 17 year old frenchmen and wait for 6 years for them to mature, if they ever will. Why didn't we move for Hasselbaink and Kluiivert? There are a lot of un-answered questions. + Spending all our money on one striker is a huge gamble, it did not pay off. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Maybe Parry need a beginners course in accounting and finance. He can learn about diversification, insurance and risk. Anyway £ 14 million pounds gone. If we have to raise money we must put the likes of Baros, Gerrard, Alonso or Carra up for sale. That does not make any sense. We should not have to be in this position, but we are. Thank the FOOL for taking £ 10,7 million off our hands just like that.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:42 pm

I was hoping to argue back but cant really think of a good reply

I do however genuinely believe things are on the up and this is a hell of a testing time but once we get through it and maybe strengthen the squad in the new year it will be look back and laugh time
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:42 pm

Mellor is 22? Jees, look at where Fowler and Owen were at that age and see what sort of a prospect he is.
I rate him as a League 1 standard player, not good enough for a poor premiership side let alone us.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:44 pm

This is where I disagree Banana.

Aston Villa have two strikers, Angel and Cole. Angel has only scored 3 goals and Cole hasn't scored at all, but why are they 5th in the Premiership? How do they score goals when their strikers aren't getting the job done?

You know what the answer to that is? Midfielders.

Their midfielders have been scoring the goals when their strikers can not. We have better players than them and we should be able to do the same. If Man Utd can survive through 10 injuries at the start of the season then we can survive with 5 injuries.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:48 pm

a good point AB. But where do you think they will be at the end of the season?
You have to have a 25 goals a season man up front to suceed.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:52 pm

I am not talking about where they will be at the end of the season, what matters is what is happening now. We need to survive through this month and December as in January we are going to purchase a new striker. By that time Baros will be back so we will have somebody up front who can score 25 goals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:56 pm

I dont see anyone in midfield who is going to score the number of goals we need. None of them have ever been prolific, even for midfield players.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion