Nando's best game! - Fittness + strike partner = quality.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:08 pm

I've said it before & I'll say it again Fernando Morientes is quality. Where I sit, week in, week out fellow "supporters" have slagged off Nando every time he's on the ball & to be honest they've had right to. He's been rubbish. Looked off pace & at times not that interested. Saturday was a breakthrough of massive preportions. He was involved in everything good attacking wise & his distribution of the ball was second only to the perfect Xabi. Morientes was at last playing like a Liverpool player & reminded me a little of king Kenny with his stort passing & off the ball running into chanels. I remember when we first signed Didi & the stick he got for the first season was terrible, but eventually the fans realised that Liverpool were a better team with him in the side. One other thing about Nando is he needs a good goal scorer next to him though. Sadly someone like Owen!!! YNWA
spion

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:00 pm

morientes will be praying he can get a decent run free from injury now. in the last two games he has improved by 20-30% at least, id say.  i really hope the guy can build on that because if he manages to keep his place (im sure he will). and starts throwing it back a bit more in the physical side, lets face it he's not exactly slight of build is he.
then fernando morientes may well regain a semblance of the player that did so well recently at monaco.
put it this way, id hold out more hope for nando making the grade than cisse. all things considered.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby XSD » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:03 pm

He was ok but to say that was an exceptional performance only proves how much our expectations have dropped concerning him :(
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:45 am

if that was his best then can we get rid of him? he is way too slow and lazy!!
oakton

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:05 am

He will score in our next match ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:26 am

form is temporary (only one season ? :p ), class is permanent
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:20 am

Benitez on Fernando Morientes

"He is an intelligent player and, when he is fit, Fernando can play to a very good level. Sometimes it is difficult to see the confidence in a player, but I know that he is trying to impress," Benitez said.

"During his time at Madrid, he scored a lot of goals, but he was playing alongside Raul and that is another thing that helps when you are a striker because he always scored and took the pressure off the other forwards.

"When he joined Liverpool, he had a choice of clubs who were prepared to pay him more money.

"He could have joined Lyon or Monaco, but he wanted to come to Liverpool. He took a pay cut and said he would only be paid in full if he won trophies and scored goals.

"That shows everyone the hunger he has to succeed and there is no doubt how much he wants to succeed at Liverpool."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:33 am

Against west ham he worked hard and all but really when u look at the strikers chelsea, manure and arsenal have and u look at morientes (and crouch)....   :(
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:43 am

I still think if Nando is given a consistant run in the team, and quality crosses are supplied, then he will score.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:30 pm

He is a quality player who is little by little getting used to the physical aspect of the EPL. He played well on saturday, fighting for each ball and some incredible passing. Come on Nando, get us the goals !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:51 pm

Great game he played tonight, and is repayed by being subb'd 51 minutes into the game, i hope he's not injured again, he was starting to show promise again :O
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:54 pm

OneHotRed wrote:Great game he played tonight, and is repayed by being subb'd 51 minutes into the game, i hope he's not injured again, he was starting to show promise again :O

I think he picked up a minor knock in the first half. Commentary on SHItv said he had ice on his leg which indicates it was probably a precaution.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:Great game he played tonight, and is repayed by being subb'd 51 minutes into the game, i hope he's not injured again, he was starting to show promise again :O

I think he picked up a minor knock in the first half. Commentary on SHItv said he had ice on his leg which indicates it was probably a precaution.

NOOOOOOOOO :(   Im so not happy if he's hurting :(
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:47 am

He played really well tonight. Good goal.
Trust that tw*t to injure him, though.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:46 am

Great game by the lad !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion