My letter to rafa - Sort it out mate

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:19 am

i posted this today

Dear Rafa,

I hope you get to read this letter.

Liverpool Football Club has been my life since I went to my first game in 1973; I have seen more ups than downs so I am more fortunate that our younger supporters who have never seen the title won, I am starting to get concerned that they will never see this.

You have been our manager for one full season now, and a few months of your second season, no putting aside the fantastic Champions League victory what have you actually achieved?

In the league you had us closer on points to the bottom than to the top, you failed to qualify for the Champions League on league position, and in fact we were beaten by our city rivals to that spot, a team that is now proving its true value at the foot of the Premier League. You had us go at the FA cup in an embarrassing fashion.

We are trusting you with something that is most precious to us, to us it's not a job, to us it is a passion, it's a religion and to a lot of us it's possibly the most important thing we have. Our happiness is based on what we achieve in football, we were all able to gloat over the summer about being Champions of Europe again but the pleasure in that is now being taken away. I wanted to prove to people we deserved to win it, that we were a class outfit, to be proud watching us perform in the new season, to see attacking football, to see goals. You are not allowing us to see this. You are stifling any creativity we may have, you are failing to provide us with the opportunities to score goals with your negative tactics, you need to switch this before it's too late and we fall too far behind.

Why are we worrying so much about the opposition, let them worry about us, let them look at our team sheet and know that will be on the back foot all game, also stop with the long ball, its pointless, all its doing is giving the opposition the chance to come back at us again.

Also why are you persisting with players who obviously don't cut it? When will Garcia realize that his flicks don't work, when will he realize we play in red and pass it to his own players. When will Traore realize that he has to concentrate for the whole game (or when will you realize that we have two players more effective than him in that position)?
When will Reina come for the ball and collect it? When will you realize that when we are 3-1 down we need to score at least two goals to get anything from the game and the best way to do this is to put forwards on the pitch (not just give them 10 minutes, whatever your feelings the club comes first and Cisse should have been given some opportunity earlier, not just grudgingly given 10 minutes). There are so many other things that I can say to you Rafa but I have a job and need to get back to that.

Now I will never confess to knowing a tenth of what you know about football, but even I can see that it is not working, even I can see now is the time to change tactics and at least give us a chance to score goals and steamroller teams. Just try it, you may like it.
I said it at the start of the letter, this team is precious to us and like anything precious we don't want it broken. I would never dream of buying a fast luxury car and then only using 3 gears, please stop doing that to my club.

thanks
112-1077774096

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:46 am

Bit harsh there PeeWee ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:51 am

Not Rafa's fault mate. Imagine if Rafa could have as much money as Mouseniho...
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:03 am

It is Rafa's fault to a certain extent, he picks the team and chooses the formation and the formation is letting us down, were no creating enough chances imo.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:06 am

we just don't have a right player to play 4-5-1 ( read like valencia).......garcia :censored: but 1 but to say we are not class act is wrong. just ask mourinho :censored:
darwisigila

Postby red_guy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:10 am

aye......bad week for us all.....c'mon pee wee...just hope rafa knows what he's doing in the next match..and hopefully not a single player from our team got injured (u know what i mean....)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviec » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:11 am

You have said basically word for word what I wanted to say, especially about Luis Garcia- against Man U he gave the ball away for most of the match. and those wee flicks turn possession into a 50-50 ball. Traore isn't even premiership quality, and for all Xabi Alonso's great passing skill. He hasn' enough passion and doesn't concentrate enough, Hyppia is now over the hill and needs to be put out to graze.  And my final comment in for the Chelsea Fans at Anfield. Yes your team won deservedly as you have the best players in the premiership, but your chants "Thats why we are champions" is misguided, you are champions because of a Russian Gangsters big fat cheque book, it could just vas easily have been Spurs and not you, but the rejected him. Liverpool, even Man U and Arsenal became great clubs through years of graft and support. What the press is saying is true. You did buy it.
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:17 am

I wasnt really dissapointed to be honest. Yesterday could have happend on wedsnday but it didnt and we all know we practically won wedsndays encounter. As far as im concerned yes we played badley but its time to look forward now. If yesterday proved anything it was NOT the gap between the 2 clubs but it WAS that we do require a CB and RM soon. And i wouldnt be surprised if in fact Rafa has already agreed some deals and just waiting for the deadline.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:23 am

this aint spanish league and rafa still dont het it, 5-4-1 is not gonna work in EPL
onizukaeikichi

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:23 am

Pee wee ... you have just shot to the wrong person....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:27 am

Although I am not a Scouser, I have come to cherish and love Liverpool FC since during my first stint in England in 1975-77. Initially I was a fan of a certain "mighty mouse" who had an outrageous permed hair and would buzz about and run rings around opposition defenders. The men in red started to dominate the English league and then Europe. Then, he moved to another club in Germany and I found myself even more of a fan of a Scot who joined from Celtic, and did not follow the "mighty mouse" again. Liverpool continued to field the strongest available team and pass the opposition off the park, home or away.

This Scot, together with a few more, would take Liverpool to greater heights. He would eventually become a player-manager and was also successful at Liverpool. One day he just decided to quit the club, and Liverpool did not win anymore titles after the last one in 1989/90. I was in England on my second stint at that time, from 1988 to 1993.

Since then, several have had a stab at the job but Liverpool did not manage to win another championship. We have had some false dawns but more disappointments.

Throughout this time, one thing remained constant - my love and support for the club. Through thick and thin, I have been a supporter. I am no glory-hunter, I have supported the club high and low, through the smooth and the rough. Recently, a lot of people here in Malaysia have become Chelsea fans due to their recent emergence as a power in England and Europe. Of course, it is easy to back a winning horse but I find it extremely difficult to abandon something you hace been emotionally attached to for such a long time. We played dire football in the past, but I would still tune in to the live game, sometimes at 3 a.m., because I am a fan.

Rafa did an amazing job in bringing us to the summit of the CL last season. The truimph was ac very unlikely one given Liverpool's very obvious shortcomings in the playing personnel. It was a very happy moment for me because we showed charachter in coming back from 3 goals down against one of the finest teams in Europe at killing off the opposition with minimal fuss.

Yesterday, Liverpool lost 1-4 to Chelsea at Anfield. Whatever we say, the scoreline shows that we got a drubbing, worse still, at home.

The worst part is watching Liverpool play in such an productive 4-5-1 system since the start of the season. Only 1 upfront, even at Anfield or against opposition who'd never really go forward like Birmingham and instead, invite them to come at us and hope to catch them on the break. We are so scared of losing, we pack the midfield and let the lone striker fight for long balls all on his own.

However bad or sad I feel, this is nothing compared to what the Liverpool fans who buy expensive season tickets and experience in person week-in, week-out when they go to Anfield and watch their favourite team play religiously to such uninspiring formation-driven football.

Peewee is my mate, a genuine scouser. Perhaps luckily (depends how you view it) for him, he is thousands of miles away in another parts of the world or otherwise, I'm sure he would be regular at Anfield. Even from this faraway distance, like me, he will stay up until the odd hours just to watch the live telecast and follow Liverpool football club. The club means a lot to him, as it does to me and I am sure to many of the forum members.

Despite being European Champions, it is a very sad moment in time when we keep watching our beloved club playing the way we are playing right now. Some people here would resort to calling us names ot "tits" or question our authenticity etc. for expressing ourselves this way but this is the reality of things at this very moment.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:28 am

Im not that upset. We need more players and Rafa knows that, the club kows that so im just gonna sit back and watch the club build up, after all that is what Rafa is here to do isnt it? - rebuild the club.

Were you all honestly expecting over the summer to be on Chelseas level every game. Yes we can compete with them we and they both know that. Today wasnt our day, our mistakes contributed to our downfall. Everyone seems to forget that they have spent over £250,000,000 on their squa over the last 2 years. What we should NOT  be doing is setting up threads like the ones i see "nice one rafa", or "letter to rafa". I can understand were all fustrated but in all honesty if you (and when i say you i mean you alone as one person) were granted power of the board would you honesty sack RB. NO of course not beacsue hes a world class manager and how do we know this ? Becasue we won the friggin European Cup in his first year. You all seem to forget the losses we encountered all leavign confused after full time last season like the ones against Monaco or Olympiakos. This is one game and one game only. So what im trying to say is would peewee, and all you other impatient people please find a kids forum on which to air your stupid and always irrational posts on and let Rafa do his  job without you  on his case every time we slip up a bit. Sorry for the use of language moderators but this has to be said and its really dicking me of how imbecile like some people are on this forum. I come to this forum to take part in a matiure discussion not to watch babies throw their  rattle out of their prams every time something slips up. FFS
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:27 pm

exactly wat i wanted 2 say...rafa's tactics isnt working...yesterday's entire team selection was wrong ...4 me we sud be playing 4-4-2 with cisse and crouch(or moro,pongolle ) upfront ,gerrard on the right till jan and sissoko and alonso in the middle ,wat t\do u hav 2 say 2 that?

please rafa have a second look at ur tactics during this off week......give cisse a chance...have faith ..............
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:39 pm

Tiiger wrote:Not Rafa's fault mate. Imagine if Rafa could have as much money as Mouseniho...

we still have a multi million pound squad better than 90% of the prem., its just tactics. killed me goin into work today stick i took. but i just say we r champions champions ov europe
kopite_1232002

Postby Homebooby » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:46 pm

the only thing that I didn't like was the uncharacteristic comments about the opposition. I think that it's a game that he should leave to the other top 3 managers and let the feet do the talking.

My feeling is that the team started to believe it all a little too much and got the wake up call. Not necessarily a bad thing for them either.

Roll on the next game and 3 points.
Homebooby

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion