we sud pe playing 2 up front ..play cisssssseeeeeeee

"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:05 pm

a plea 2 rafa
1 change tactics
2 swallow ur pride play ciiiiisssssssseeeeeee
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:19 am

Cisse's average. No thanks. Glory hunter. :)
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:50 am

peewee wrote:i posted this today

Dear Rafa,

I hope you get to read this letter.

Liverpool Football Club has been my life since I went to my first game in 1973; I have seen more ups than downs so I am more fortunate that our younger supporters who have never seen the title won, I am starting to get concerned that they will never see this.

You have been our manager for one full season now, and a few months of your second season, no putting aside the fantastic Champions League victory what have you actually achieved?

In the league you had us closer on points to the bottom than to the top, you failed to qualify for the Champions League on league position, and in fact we were beaten by our city rivals to that spot, a team that is now proving its true value at the foot of the Premier League. You had us go at the FA cup in an embarrassing fashion.

We are trusting you with something that is most precious to us, to us it's not a job, to us it is a passion, it's a religion and to a lot of us it's possibly the most important thing we have. Our happiness is based on what we achieve in football, we were all able to gloat over the summer about being Champions of Europe again but the pleasure in that is now being taken away. I wanted to prove to people we deserved to win it, that we were a class outfit, to be proud watching us perform in the new season, to see attacking football, to see goals. You are not allowing us to see this. You are stifling any creativity we may have, you are failing to provide us with the opportunities to score goals with your negative tactics, you need to switch this before it's too late and we fall too far behind.

Why are we worrying so much about the opposition, let them worry about us, let them look at our team sheet and know that will be on the back foot all game, also stop with the long ball, its pointless, all its doing is giving the opposition the chance to come back at us again.

Also why are you persisting with players who obviously don't cut it? When will Garcia realize that his flicks don't work, when will he realize we play in red and pass it to his own players. When will Traore realize that he has to concentrate for the whole game (or when will you realize that we have two players more effective than him in that position)?
When will Reina come for the ball and collect it? When will you realize that when we are 3-1 down we need to score at least two goals to get anything from the game and the best way to do this is to put forwards on the pitch (not just give them 10 minutes, whatever your feelings the club comes first and Cisse should have been given some opportunity earlier, not just grudgingly given 10 minutes). There are so many other things that I can say to you Rafa but I have a job and need to get back to that.

Now I will never confess to knowing a tenth of what you know about football, but even I can see that it is not working, even I can see now is the time to change tactics and at least give us a chance to score goals and steamroller teams. Just try it, you may like it.
I said it at the start of the letter, this team is precious to us and like anything precious we don't want it broken. I would never dream of buying a fast luxury car and then only using 3 gears, please stop doing that to my club.

thanks

I'd probably agree with you Peewee , damn ! if only I knew what " it&.#8217;s " meant .   :sniffle

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:40 am

Can anyone translate this thread ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:08 am

woof woof ! wrote:

Dear Rafa,

Liverpool Football Club has been my life since I went to my first game in 1973; I have seen more ups than downs so I am more fortunate that our younger supporters who have never seen the title won, I am starting to get concerned that they will never see this.

You have been our manager for one full season now, and a few months of your second season, no putting aside the fantastic Champions League victory what have you actually achieved?

In the league you had us closer on points to the bottom than to the top, you failed to qualify for the Champions League on league position, and in fact we were beaten by our city rivals to that spot, a team that is now proving its true value at the foot of the Premier League. You had us go at the FA cup in an embarrassing fashion.

We are trusting you with something that is most precious to us, to us it's not a job, to us it is a passion, it's a religion and to a lot of us it's possibly the most important thing we have. Our happiness is based on what we achieve in football, we were all able to gloat over the summer about being Champions of Europe again but the pleasure in that is now being taken away. I wanted to prove to people we deserved to win it, that we were a class outfit, to be proud watching us perform in the new season, to see attacking football, to see goals. You are not allowing us to see this. You are stifling any creativity we may have, you are failing to provide us with the opportunities to score goals with your negative tactics, you need to switch this before it's too late and we fall too far behind.

Why are we worrying so much about the opposition, let them worry about us, let them look at our team sheet and know that will be on the back foot all game, also stop with the long ball, its pointless, all its doing is giving the opposition the chance to come back at us again.

Also why are you persisting with players who obviously don't cut it? When will Garcia realize that his flicks don't work, when will he realize we play in red and pass it to his own players. When will Traore realize that he has to concentrate for the whole game (or when will you realize that we have two players more effective than him in that position)?
When will Reina come for the ball and collect it? When will you realize that when we are 3-1 down we need to score at least two goals to get anything from the game and the best way to do this is to put forwards on the pitch (not just give them 10 minutes, whatever your feelings the club comes first and Cisse should have been given some opportunity earlier, not just grudgingly given 10 minutes). There are so many other things that I can say to you Rafa but I have a job and need to get back to that.

Now I will never confess to knowing a tenth of what you know about football, but even I can see that it is not working, even I can see now is the time to change tactics and at least give us a chance to score goals and steamroller teams. Just try it, you may like it.
I said it at the start of the letter, this team is precious to us and like anything precious we don't want it broken. I would never dream of buying a fast luxury car and then only using 3 gears, please stop doing that to my club.

thanks

I'd probably agree with you Peewee , damn ! if only I knew what " it&.#8217;s " meant .   :sniffle

i didnt notice that, i cut and paste it from my word document

112-1077774096

Postby babu » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:11 am

Yeah thanks for that clarification peewee, good work !  :p  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:16 am

babu wrote:Yeah thanks for that clarification peewee, good work !  :p  :D

no problemo babu,

so how are you anyway
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:10 am

i reckon the men in black have visited peewee, and he's dead now

god rest his soul :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:41 pm

I am ok peewee, except that i work with several plastic chelski fans. "well i used to support arsenal..."
Nothing I could possible say will make them see sense, especially now, so i've just been holding my tongue.. not easy for me.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:50 pm

:no
antz

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:15 pm

Dear Rafa,

At this point I stopped reading and lost almost all of the respect I have for you as a football poster on here Peewee.  :(
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Dear Rafa,

thanks

exactly my thoughts peewee....and i did post something similar in other thread :(  ???
whylongball?

Postby Jayball » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:34 pm

as it stands we will finish 4th at best. which is :censored:. But rafa ,at least give us some football we can enjoy.i hate this long ball stuff. its one thing to know we wont win the prem but the fact i dont even look forward to watching the games now is sad!!!!
I love liverpool, but if we dont win the leauge lets not win it in style!!!
Jayball

Postby drummerphil » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:43 pm

Do you really think if you have sent this....
one....he will read it
two...he will actually give a :censored: if he does.
three...what is the point
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion