My dirty little secret - I'm coming out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Raoul » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:38 am

I have a dirty little secret.

I like Ryan Babel. I am always excited when I see his name on the team sheet. Every time I do one of those, if-I-was-the-manager-this-is-the-team-I'd-pick diagrams, I try to fit Babel in there somewhere. I'd love to see him given a run of games up front with Torres.

Now, I'm not an idiot. I know he is useless. I know he so often plays like he doesn't care. I know we'd be better off without him. But I remember some of his goals, I look at his pace, and I just want to give him one more chance to prove himself, because there is a player in there somewhere, if only he could be made to care.

Well, that is my dirty little secret. I wonder if others out there have secrets like mine (not necessarily Babel-related - I don't mean this as a Babel thread, but if it turns into one, mods, please feel free to merge with the appropriate thread).
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 am

"because there is a player in there somewhere"

You're right, but first he has to stop trying to be a gangster rapper/producer and pull his finger out and prioritize football, then he might have a chance of being the player he is capable of becoming.

Unfortunately I think he enjoys his lifestyle too much for that to happen. Not the first and certainly won't be the last waste of talent.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 am

Raoul wrote:I have a dirty little secret.

I like Ryan Babel. I am always excited when I see his name on the team sheet. Every time I do one of those, if-I-was-the-manager-this-is-the-team-I'd-pick diagrams, I try to fit Babel in there somewhere. I'd love to see him given a run of games up front with Torres.

Now, I'm not an idiot. I know he is useless. I know he so often plays like he doesn't care. I know we'd be better off without him. But I remember some of his goals, I look at his pace, and I just want to give him one more chance to prove himself, because there is a player in there somewhere, if only he could be made to care.

Well, that is my dirty little secret. I wonder if others out there have secrets like mine (not necessarily Babel-related - I don't mean this as a Babel thread, but if it turns into one, mods, please feel free to merge with the appropriate thread).

hes had more chances and made more excuses than audley harrison. But i think they are both the same in ability and heart. FECKING-USELESS!!!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:02 am

Well some ppl don't like him , but smart ppl will think the another way around . He is a good player if he played in the right position ( right winger NOT Striker like the last match ). In every team , there are players similar like babel. They will play well if put them in the correct position.

Players like Nani ( Man Utd ), Florent Malouda ( Chelsea ), Theo Walcott ( Arsenal ) , Adam Johnson ( Man City ) and Aaron Lennon ( Spurs ), these players speed is their main "weapon" and you don't put them as a striker and their manager knows that, but Roy fail to see that instead "put" Babel as striker alone up front :help , Pac as a right winger :help , Poulsen as a invisible DM :help and many many more  :bump
LiverpoolMadman

Postby rocky29 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:15 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Well some ppl don't like him , but smart ppl will think the another way around . He is a good player if he played in the right position ( right winger NOT Striker like the last match ). In every team , there are players similar like babel. They will play well if put them in the correct position.

Players like Nani ( Man Utd ), Florent Malouda ( Chelsea ), Theo Walcott ( Arsenal ) , Adam Johnson ( Man City ) and Aaron Lennon ( Spurs ), these players speed is their main "weapon" and you don't put them as a striker and their manager knows that, but Roy fail to see that instead "put" Babel as striker alone up front :help , Pac as a right winger :help , Poulsen as a invisible DM :help and many many more  :bump

ye its roys fault and as audley harrison said the only reason im not world champion is because ive been mis-managed. Some of you on here beggar belief.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 am

I am not really a big fan of babel. When we 1st bought him i even mentioned that i wasn't really excited about his signing.

But to be fair to babel......he hasn't been given a fair run in his best positon (taking into consideration his strenghts...and many many of his faults).

1)He ain't no left winger becos

a)He doesn't have a decent left foot. His ball delivery, shooting from his left foot is non-league football standard at best.

b)He cuts in too much becos of his reliance on his right foot that it becomes so freckin obvious to the opposition players. They know how to counter that. He can play on the left when he was in holland (or even when he plays international matches) because those matches are relatively slower when compared to this league. He has all the time to bring the ball to his right foot where then he can proceed to cross or shoot on goal. Afraid it doesn't work here when the oppositon players are much faster and can predict he is gonna cut in almost always.

2)He ain't no striker, support striker (central) becos......

He doesn't have the composure, the antispation, the heading capability & the awareness of a striker......in short....he ain't no torres...no owen....no fowler.... not even close. So can't expect him to lead our attack.

So what sort of player is he ? he is a freckin right winger (4-4-2)/forward (4-3-3).....Thats his best positon. There is where he can do the most damage to the opposition team. His pace.....his shooting.....his ball delivery from his favoured foot......

My take... Just push Kuyt as a strike partner for torres and put babel on the right. His pace will scare the opposition players and will eventually create space for torres and kuyt to score loads of goals.

But benitez didn't have balls to do that. And RH seems to be a english clone of benitez.  :glare:
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 am

The_Rock wrote:I am not really a big fan of babel. When we 1st bought him i even mentioned that i wasn't really excited about his signing.

But to be fair to babel......he hasn't been given a fair run in his best positon (taking into consideration his strenghts...and many many of his faults).

1)He ain't no left winger becos

a)He doesn't have a decent left foot. His ball delivery, shooting from his left foot is non-league football standard at best.

b)He cuts in too much becos of his reliance on his right foot that it becomes so freckin obvious to the opposition players. They know how to counter that. He can play on the left when he was in holland (or even when he plays international matches) because those matches are relatively slower when compared to this league. He has all the time to bring the ball to his right foot where then he can proceed to cross or shoot on goal. Afraid it doesn't work here when the oppositon players are much faster and can predict he is gonna cut in almost always.

2)He ain't no striker, support striker (central) becos......

He doesn't have the composure, the antispation, the heading capability & the awareness of a striker......in short....he ain't no torres...no owen....no fowler.... not even close. So can't expect him to lead our attack.

So what sort of player is he ? he is a freckin right winger (4-4-2)/forward (4-3-3).....Thats his best positon. There is where he can do the most damage to the opposition team. His pace.....his shooting.....his ball delivery from his favoured foot......

My take... Just push Kuyt as a strike partner for torres and put babel on the right. His pace will scare the opposition players and will eventually create space for torres and kuyt to score loads of goals.

But benitez didn't have balls to do that. And RH seems to be a english clone of benitez.  :glare:

:bowdown
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am

One more point  :p

Playing babel on the left wing is akin to asking Gareth Bale to play on the right wing. Bale can't pull that off becos he will have to do a babel becos of his reliance on his favoured foot (if u leaving under a rock...its left).

Harry Rednapp plays bale in his correct position (remember he was bought as a LB) and they reap the rewards. But Benitez and RH prefer to play babel on the left......  :no

Wingers like robben......johnson can do a job in both wings as they are equally good in both their feets.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 am

The_Rock wrote:One more point  :p

Playing babel on the left wing is akin to asking Gareth Bale to play on the right wing. Bale can't pull that off becos he will have to do a babel becos of his reliance on his favoured foot (if u leaving under a rock...its left).

Harry Rednapp plays bale in his correct position (remember he was bought as a LB) and they reap the rewards. But Benitez and RH prefer to play babel on the left......  :no

Wingers like robben......johnson can do a job in both wings as they are equally good in both their feets.

perfetto ...  :bowdown

Talking about Left winger , Eccleston can do that job

It have been almost 5 months Roy on the job and if he learn from the very 1st day here in Liverpool , last night match ( formation from Midfield upward )

Lucas
                             Babel Shelvey Pac Eccleston
                                           Ngog
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:35 am

speaking of dirty secrets, i'm of the opinion that we should sign Joleon Lescott  :Oo:

rumour is he's up for sale
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 pm

7_Kewell wrote:speaking of dirty secrets, i'm of the opinion that we should sign Joleon Lescott  :Oo:

f*ck no...... but you have a point.. he is better than anyone we have in defence... but still an ex-everton player with us makes me cringe
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:16 pm

btw, i dont like lucas
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 pm

metalhead wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:speaking of dirty secrets, i'm of the opinion that we should sign Joleon Lescott  :Oo:

f*ck no...... but you have a point.. he is better than anyone we have in defence... but still an ex-everton player with us makes me cringe

Doesn't really have much of a negative effect. In fact more transfer have happened between Everton and Liverpool than any other clubs.

Nicky Barmby, Peter Beardsley, etc
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 pm

We need a better manager to attract better players to come to this club ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:41 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Doesn't really have much of a negative effect. In fact more transfer have happened between Everton and Liverpool than any other clubs.

Nicky Barmby, Peter Beardsley, etc

True dude, but lescott is one ugly fecker :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion