Must buy diego! - The guy is going to be the next big thin

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby malone » Wed May 12, 2004 11:03 pm

Kaka is class, right? well diego from santos is better.  i know this because i was born in brazil and i still follow the brazilian and league so i have seen both kaka and diego play.  plus i have a lot of friends in brazil that says the same thing.  it will just be a huge mistake if we dont go after diego this summer, the guy would only cost us about 6 million and he has a portuguese passport so he is a member of the european union.
he is exactly the player we need, someone with creativity, great passer and passion for the game.

i know what you are probably thinking, not to buy players with potential, but buying this guy is not a risk but a great investment.  i heard that tottenham are interested in him and if he does go there i wouldnt be suprised if tottenham are challenging for a champions league spot next seasson.

has anyone else heard of this kid and what do you think of him? just think about having a player that is better than kaka in our team? surely we must get him
malone

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed May 12, 2004 11:07 pm

hes left wing right?

he scored two today/yesterday in the copa liberetodores
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed May 12, 2004 11:12 pm

never heard of him. just makin sure you were'nt talkin bout foreskin
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby malone » Wed May 12, 2004 11:12 pm

he can play right, left and centre but his best position is centre mid or just behind the strikers. the guy can play with both left and right foot.
malone

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed May 12, 2004 11:15 pm

I have seen him play for Santos, he has been linked with Spurs last December but fell through.

Are you sure he is centre midfielder, I have never seen him play as centre midfielder, I have seen him as winger and attacking midfielder like Pablo Cesar Aimar.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tbollix » Thu May 13, 2004 12:37 am

i saw him the other day in the copa final. very impressive. his creativity would partner super Steve and they will be a partnership in the Souness/Dalglish ilke.
tbollix

Postby malone » Thu May 13, 2004 12:47 am

Stan Laurel wrote:I have seen him play for Santos, he has been linked with Spurs last December but fell through.

Are you sure he is centre midfielder, I have never seen him play as centre midfielder, I have seen him as winger and attacking midfielder like Pablo Cesar Aimar.

what i meant by centre mid, is an attacking central midfielder not defensive. hes one that will make runs into the box constantly and will get around 15 goals a season. plus hes a great set piece taker
malone

Postby daddyo » Thu May 13, 2004 1:58 am

Heard it on a radio show the other night (quite late) that Spurs were looking to tie up a deal to bring Diego over.

Some american footy expert(!?) is saying he's different gravy and will make a huge impact in the Prem.
daddyo

Postby whylongball? » Thu May 13, 2004 5:37 am

well from a CM gamer's viewpoint.......his stats are very impressive  :laugh:  :p
whylongball?

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 7:25 am

I saw him on late night tv , he looked the real deal . I'd be looking hard at him if I was mgr.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 13, 2004 11:02 am

I dont know anything about him so cant comment!

But as i have said before what sort of criticism will GH get for bringing over another potential player!

I think we need premiership adapted players right now!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 11:15 am

I know what you mean, but this guy does look a class player altough i would like to see more of him , depending on the fee I'd chance it. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu May 13, 2004 11:18 am

Yes, I agree that we need an premiership player but Diego is very good player and got the chance that he will be best footballer in the world in the future. So, last December Spurs has offered them 8m for Diego, which is quite reasonable for those player.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 11:21 am

Stan , what was the response to spurs offer ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu May 13, 2004 11:25 am

Woof Woof,

I think Diego was keen to join Spurs but fell through because of personal term and something problem with Diego's agent (that's his father). I think his father wasn't keen about Spurs.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion