Mr mbe steven gerrard - Whats your thoughts of this one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:23 am

My brother and sisters fella have drove to Eindhoven. Unfortunatly they havent got any tickets.  When they got to Eindhoven yesterday they bumped into the players and my sisters fella said to the players have any of you got any spare tickets.   He heard a few no sorry mate and then Mr MDE Steven Gerrard said e r mate ave got ten here.  He was taking the :censored: big time.  I know players get asked all the time for tickets by every di ck and harry but that to come from the team captain is fu cking shocking I think.

Anyone else agree that this is an act of a total so far up your own ar se wan ker?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 am

for once i agree with you murph, the mbe means feck all to me but as team captain he has a responsibility toward the club and the supporters who pay his wages. part of that responsibility is to not be a charlie big bollox. i know they get pestered all the time for tickets but that comes with the territory, it doesn't give him the right to take the p*ss out of someone who's travelled all the way to holland to try and see him play
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:38 am

Im glad you agree.   I thought there might of been a different reaction to this (with people saying im over reacting).
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:54 am

MMmmmmmuuuurrrrffffff you are over reacting. :D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:42 am

Yeah- surprised he said that. Although i'm sure we're all guilty of saying things off the top of our heads without thinking about it. it's a shame though, as that's a couple of fans who will have a spoiled view of the captain of the best football team in the world!!

Normally we leave these types of jokes to Leon (he throws in box seats with a meal though!!)
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby columbia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:56 am

He's takig the :censored:, lighten up.
columbia

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 am

I do agree to a certain extent. He shouldn't have done it but we all take the p1ss so why can't he?

I have heard that he isn't a nice bloke off the field from numerous people. I personally think he let himself down big time when he sold bits of his book to the sunday s*n and I don't think he will ever gain the respect he once had from some supporters.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a brilliant player and vital to our team and it would be devestating if he left.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06 am

columbia wrote:He's takig the :censored:, lighten up.

i understand your view- and if it were in a pub in Bootle then i'd laugh and agree. Although to say it to a guy that's gone all the way to Holland to support him -then some tact may have been better.

Either way, it hasn't changed my opinion of him just surprised.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby EddieC » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:41 am

murphy0151 wrote:My brother and sisters fella

Your brother & sister have the same fella?  ???

:rasp  :D  :rasp
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:49 am

very good player (not great - see Zidane for that standard) but between the Sun paper, saying we couldn't win CL in 2005 and practically saying he'd leave if we didn't get into knock outs , leaving us for Chelsea (for a day!), diving for England, and other things not a player I like as a person.

Again - Very good player.

I suppose everyone gets pi$$ed off at being asked the same things all week but when you get £100k a week (or whatever he gets) you should show a bit more respect to the guys that pay your wages.

I never saw Roy of the Rovers do that :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:57 am

I agree Woollyback and Murph, but it depends a lot of not the words Gerrard said, but how he did it, the tone he used to do the joke. Sometimes it's the tone what annoys you, not the joke itself.

If you put in the skin of those driving a long way to Holland, you can imagine how they felt about it. Sorry to hear that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:10 pm

I can see that he was only having a laugh this time and its not nice when it is at your expense.  I have heard a few stories about him which is not nice like.

A friend of mine asked Gerrard for and autograph explaining to him that it was for a kid he new who wasn't in a good way, to which Gerrard resounded F"ck off ive got betting thing to do, in which he got into his car for 10 mins using his phone.

The kid later died so when my mate seen him again he gave Gerrard loads of abuse saying that kid you wouldn't sign an autograph for has died, then Carragher came out to see this going on,  Carragher then asked my mate what this was all about, he then told Carragher who then got on the team bus and started pushing Gerrard apparently shouting your meant to be here for people like that etc.

This is not a friend of a friends story, this happened to my mate.
KRobbo10

Postby tommycockles » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:29 pm

KRobbo10 wrote:I can see that he was only having a laugh this time and its not nice when it is at your expense.  I have heard a few stories about him which is not nice like.

A friend of mine asked Gerrard for and autograph explaining to him that it was for a kid he new who wasn't in a good way, to which Gerrard resounded F"ck off ive got betting thing to do, in which he got into his car for 10 mins using his phone.

The kid later died so when my mate seen him again he gave Gerrard loads of abuse saying that kid you wouldn't sign an autograph for has died, then Carragher came out to see this going on,  Carragher then asked my mate what this was all about, he then told Carragher who then got on the team bus and started pushing Gerrard apparently shouting your meant to be here for people like that etc.

This is not a friend of a friends story, this happened to my mate.

whether that is true or not i do agree with the sentiment as people in the public eye should choose their words carefully if they're not interested (especially if they are your heroes as these players are to young kids). I could believe that Jamie would act this way though as he seems a top guy!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby KRobbo10 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:33 pm

To be honest a football player isn't gonna please everyone, as long as he does it on the pitch that's all that matters to me
KRobbo10

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:25 pm

I've got mates that have gone without tickets and they are cheeky b@stards so it was probably them  :D
Nah tbh if Gerrard has said that its out of order, he may only have been taking the p!ss but my mates along with possibly thousands of others have taken time of work and spending hundreds gambling on the hope that they can get a ticket at the last minute of some f'ckin greedy tw@t tout, to then have the p!ss ripped by the club captain would be more than a kick in the teeth.
They will get requests for tickets all the time, but part of being a professional footballer is to show respect to the fans that are doing all they can to support you.
Would it of been hard for Steven to say sorry lads i have already promised mine to friends and family, sign a few autographs and leave ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion