Moyes - everton are better than liverpool - He's on drugs when he was been interview

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2520years » Wed May 11, 2005 12:33 pm

I can see that Rafa would call us the best team in the world if we won the Champions League.  After all Europe is still the place to be for quality domestic leagues.  However, it's funny how often the winners of the South American equivalent win the game between the two.  Remember Liverpool v Flamenco for example?

I'll be watching the UEFA Cup Final next Wednesday to see who we'll play in the Super Cup next season!

:buttrock
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby lagoon_80 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:18 am

7 - 0!!!!!!!!!!!
:p
lagoon_80

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 12, 2005 9:54 am

7-0 to Arsenal .... hopefully with result the FA will take off Everton from CL to UEFA ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby maximus » Thu May 12, 2005 10:04 am

Yes..................congratulations to Everton for finishing FOURTH  :lookaround  Yes FOURTH!! Is that IT!! There is no doubt that this 'achievement' for Everton is the equivalent for Everton as winning the league 5 years back to back for us and the Champions league 3 or 4 times within that period to boot.

Yes thats right the Blueshi.te have over-'achieved' the benchhmark they no doubt set themselves at the beginning of this season by approx 100,000%. As someone said on this forum 'every dog has its day' well Everton have had their day, let them enjoy it, because my guess is it will business as usual for the bitters next season, suffering with mid table mediocrity and the normal relegation dog fight. I think the red/better half of Merseyside, will be enjoying that even more than usual.

On that note anyone remember Ipswich gracing the higher echelons of European football, after a 'fantastic' first season back in the top flight.......................thats right scrambling with play off places to get back into the Premiership after getting relegated very shortly after their little taste of Europe......................I wonder??

Meanwhile, talking of the red/better half of Merseyside, we will be enjoying the biggest day our club has savioured for 20 years, the European Cup Final, thats right The European F*ckin Cup Final!! I cannot believe it myself. I will be enjoying that day for years to come, whatever the result, considering English teams have generally tried and failed since the last time we graced this stage (notice I have chosen to erase Manure's last minute lucky win from my memory bank :D)

Don't let anyone, I mean ANYONE, by that I mean Media, press (mainly) friends, family e.t.c de-value or undermine this ACHIEVEMENT, thats right European Cup Final achievement, not coming fourth 'achievement'. We have the chance to KEEP the current trophy, thats right KEEP, not the four replica's we have at Anfield, but the ACTUAL trophy. Thats right Manure had to give it back in 2000 :rasp , we win this we will NEVER have to give it back NEVER  :cool: .........................f*ckin awesome

With Rafa at the helm and some good investment in the summer, I have great hope for next season, so while we will be stepping up and pushing for the Holy Grail that is the League title, I will enjoy watching the bitters suffering with mid table mediocrity and the normal relegation dog fight we have always been used to 

Oh and by the way, yes freak results towards the end of the season aside, 7 f*ckin Nil, absolutely hilarious  :laugh: No pride whatsoever

I have donned my fez and am waiting for the 25th May, like never before...........................COME ON THE REDS !!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu May 12, 2005 10:29 am

If i was a blue i have a real red face after that comment by Moyes
Its a sad indication of how low  they are that after finishing 4th and above Liverpool for one season to make that claim.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu May 12, 2005 10:35 am

Its yet to be seen but its the beginings of your typical, small team gets into europe, next year small team can't cope and almost gets relegated, senario  :D

And we need to be there to give them as much grief as possible when they are there.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu May 12, 2005 11:54 am

I say fair play to Everton. By their standards qualifying for the CL is a fantastic achievement given they've no money and had to sell arguably their 2 best players. Hats off to them.

Appearing in the CL final though is still a bigger achievement than finishing 4th in the prem in anybody's book other than Moyes's.

Funny though how the gloss is already starting to wear off their achievement. Firstly Gollum tarnishes it by having a side-swipe against the team he and his fans are obsessed with (us). It's just pure bitterness and belittles their own achievement by showing their inferiority complex in public.

Then they go and get pummelled 7-0 by the gooners in what has to be one of the most embarrassing & humiliating premiership results for years. Pure comedy :laugh:

And now it's becoming apparent that half the squad may have to go and they're all moaning about it 

It has just been the most undignified and bitter few weeks from Everton, but did we really expect any different from them? I certainly didn't.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 12, 2005 11:57 am

arsenal are getting back to their perious best if you ask me. they absolutely murdered us in the first half the other day aswell.

as for bergkamp, the guy's a genious.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby haps » Thu May 12, 2005 12:02 pm

Its a shocking fact but if the Bluesh*te lose by any margin at all at the weekend, they will finish as qualifiers for the champions league with a  ...NEGATIVE goal difference.  That's staggering.  Says alot for how :censored: in the league we were this year.  Everton are going to sh*t their pants the minute Shatface Donetsk (or some other qualifier) come up against them in August.  We, on the other hand, will be European CHAMPIONS, seeded, first ball out of the hat and all that jazz...
haps

Postby Judge » Thu May 12, 2005 12:27 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:7-0 to Arsenal .... hopefully with result the FA will take off Everton from CL to UEFA ...

intertoto more like  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 12, 2005 12:28 pm

we are the best team in merseyside.... oh bugger

:laugh:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Thu May 12, 2005 12:34 pm

Does anyone know when the last time Liverpool were beat 7-0 (or worse) was?

If Everton get past the qualifiers they're going to do what Blackburn did in the Champions League - go out without scoring a goal.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Judge » Thu May 12, 2005 12:36 pm

birmingham beat liverpool 9-2 some years back, without checking, i think that was liverpools worse defeat in recent times
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu May 12, 2005 12:43 pm

2520years wrote:Does anyone know when the last time Liverpool were beat 7-0 (or worse) was?

If Everton get past the qualifiers they're going to do what Blackburn did in the Champions League - go out without scoring a goal.

I vaguely remember us getting beat by Coventry 4-0 or something similar  in early 80s when we were at our peak, boy was that a nasty surprise
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 12, 2005 1:35 pm

arsenal's new kit for next season

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion